• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] kind, polite INTJs?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That goal of that remark was to make yourself a little better than those who point out that they are better than others, though, wasn't it? ;)
Everyone is in a hierarchy. It's part of human nature.
Trying to deny that some actually do know, invent, lead, create and think better than others is only in benefit to ignorants.
The only thing that has saved earth from complete stupification is that some individuals are, through word and deed, grudgingly accepted as most peoples' betters.
Pretending to be stupid or not showing superior intelligence to the world only makes you afraid of conflicts, my dear footballer robot :D

I agree and yes this is exactly the thing I got to learn at the moment. On the one hand I get ashamed a bit when they compliment me for my knowledge in engineering and the momentary technologies in emerging markets, I try to assess and evaluate for our endeavours, on the other hand it's a compliment to me and it makes me feel superior a bit...

Maybe one day when I learn to cope with that and can fully develop the ability to handle conflicts, I get the J letter from santa clause :D

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Entropie, all this talk of humility, not wanting to be the centre of attention, being serious within a working environment etc. seems a little bit I of you.

BTW that isn't to say that I means you can't be arrogant, but Es like to stand out more in general.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I know ^^ . I just recently did my first mbti test in german and scored intj. It does happen more often than I like that I get to hear from people I am close to, they'ld rather give me the I letter.

This is definitly the next thing I've got to finally sort out for me, but first of all I got to go cooking now. Gonna try out this italian recipe with bacon and basil wrapped around turkey meat. :)

flossyglam

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Realize that after you ticked all your professional goals on your life's checklist, you'll have to think of something else to do.

Realize that money, power, technology, science all suck ass in the end. And there are many things left when you've taken those off of one's life....

This was exactly my advice for my INTJ ex who was always running into the same problem. I think it's the most valuable piece of advice to be given in this situation. At the end of the day, at the end of your life, all you really have are the relationships with others. Cultivate them.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm in need of advice. Although anyone who knows me well thinks I'm fundamentally a nice person, on a superficial level I am not particularly. While there are pragmatic take-over-the-world-and-get-rich reasons to change this, I also simply believe that people who take a small exta minute to consider others live intrinsically better lives. Any INTJs (or others with advice) out there with stories about how to overcome the lingering, counterproductive oh-my-god-this-person-is-an-idiot sentiment?

The golden rule. Just because a person is wrong doesn't mean they are bad. Treat people as you would want them to treat you.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
I always look at my intelligence as a gift of sorts, a privilege that I've done nothing to earn, but just - happened - to me. It could just as well have happened to the next person and I could have been the one struggling to understand what the teachers said.

So, you note there's a difference in intelligence. And you happen to be the smarter person when you compare yourself with others. Cool, you've won, so what's the anger and resentment all about? A relatively inferior intelligence happened to be the fate of the people you compare yourself with. I repeat: YOU are the lucky one! I can't imagine being the one who had won (relatively) in life's lottery AND then feel entitled to mock and scorn and disrespect the ones who haven't been as fortunate as myself. That's a both unnecessary and cruel trait in your character if you do that.

How about being born into a rich family? Does that make you despise and act arrogant towards those who by similar accident weren't born with money?

Or what about being born with beauty? Do you think it's a reasonable and fair reaction to treat those born with less appealing looks like dirt and remind them triumphantly how much better looking you are and how ugly they are? You are both results of completely meritless genetic coincidences coupled with an equally accidental cultural taste of the day.

Sure, you have every right not to sleep with people you don't fancy or not to befriend people you find boring or not share your bank account with a street bum. But I can't see how you have the right to scorn them and resent them for failing to be as lucky as you.

It's rather simple really: you cannot take pride in being born rich, smart or beautiful - it wasn't of your doing. You cannot blame the less fortunate either - it isn't like they have chosen to draw a shorter straw than you just to annoy you with their inferiority! :doh:

Being fortunate to me means taking some responsibility to do a bit of good with your gifts towards people less fortunate than yourself, not making them even more miserable. Empathy, knowing that fate could have switched the roles, you'd want to do what you'd have liked the lucky ones to do if that had been the case. Basic ethics, really.

So just stop being an ass already and enjoy your great mind instead! You won! :static:

G

Glycerine

I see where you're coming from, but seriously, these people have very few strengths. Not that I'd tell them that, but it's kinda true.

I suppose if I were to give these 'unintelligent' sort of people 'strengths', I would say that they seem to make good company for each other. But that's about it.
I feel for you. I have met a strong T (ENTP, possibly) that I seriously wanted to punch because he was so dense and lacked a basic knowledge base at the age of 28.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah well that's basically most SPs. But it's not just memorising. Most don't like learning much at all. And yes, that's a generalisation.

It's not just a generalization. It's an invalid generalization. At least for ISPs. What you have to realize is that SPs learn better from interaction than research. Why spend hours on the internet researching things when it's not going to stick anyway? My brother is an ISTP and very intelligent. But he doesn't research things like I do. He'd rather learn about something by going into it. He currently has a bit of an obsession with coffee. Instead of researching coffee, he decided to start roasting it himself and has learned much more that way than he would have any other way.

It's just a difference in method. Js, and especially NJs, prefer research, but that's really no better than any other method.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Use your Te-Fi to develop pseudo-Fe for practical reasons.

:yes: pseudo-Fe is pleasing. efficient and genuine. perhaps if you get good enough it actually merges into real Fe, and then that'd be kind of neat.

I see where you're coming from, but seriously, these people have very few strengths. Not that I'd tell them that, but it's kinda true.

I suppose if I were to give these 'unintelligent' sort of people 'strengths', I would say that they seem to make good company for each other. But that's about it.

well, but that's a point in and of itself, isn't it? i know some people who are by all accounts much less intelligent than average, who i would nevertheless much rather hang out with than some very intelligent assholes i know.

not to turn this post into a lifetime movie, but i've worked with special needs kids a bit. they're not always pleasant bubbles of rainbows and sunshine, like sappy books and tv like to portray, but they sure can help you realize that sometimes "intelligence" really doesn't matter all that much. there's a lot to be said for the gift of enjoying things in the moment, which a lot of N miss the boat on, and for being warm and making others smile, and sometimes just for simply seeing things plainly. yeah it's a stubborn Fi value, but i refuse to believe that there's anyone on this planet who doesn't possess something to contribute to humanity. it's possible, after all, that despite all your intelligence, you just haven't figured out what that is for the people you're talking about yet.

ditto what freeeekyyy said too. i think it's easy to write people off because you don't see where they're coming from. and it's totally cool if you don't like them, or want to spend more time than you have to with them, but that doesn't mean they are automatically without value. maybe you could simply think of them in terms of their extrinsic value. like, i don't like this person, but they're worth not writing off because they are valuable either to another person i do value, or even in their usage to a system that i am trying to create/promote. (<-- this is sounding like Fi-Te psuedo-Fe)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Not certain why this would be meaningful. There appears to be an element of resentment buried in this statement.

Don't really know how you overcome the "is an idiot" phrase. It's not always counterproductive since ascertaining incompetence helps to allocate resources in a professional environment.

Nope. It's just something I had to hear myself too. I'm aware that a lot of people think society's stupid.