JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

That post was for entropie.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    I see where you're coming from, but seriously, these people have very few strengths. Not that I'd tell them that, but it's kinda true.

I suppose if I were to give these 'unintelligent' sort of people 'strengths', I would say that they seem to make good company for each other. But that's about it.
    I am always hesitating to define intelligence at all, because I have no means to really prove it. If you think about the time, before enlightenment, you would have been very intelligent with the things you learnt at school, which were all church-related and the holy ghost was your boss.

Nowadays you could be considered quite intelligent if you are totally into quantum physics. But then I have to remember the Tolan from Stargate, who told Carter that he is a student of quantum physics too. And she's all ouh nice you are a scientist. And he says no, he's a historian of ancient beliefs were science went wrong .

So I cant really tell if a person is not intelligent because he isnt intrested or even unable to learn about current things which would make you appear intelligent.

With one thing, I am 100% on your side too: I sometimes cant understand why people aint intrested in things at all. Like the weather, I love to watch isobars or isenthalpic forecasts fronts to predict the weather. I am totally fascinated to learn about the planet I live on on a daily basis, while some people seem to take every little thing for granted. That's a pity and hanging round with those people is a pain in the ass sometimes.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Weather. Pfft! What does weather mean to me?

Here we can see an example of different interests. I can appear vapid or stupid sometimes because I don't care to keep up with a lot of things, such as weather, which I haven't bothered with since my S&E class. If the weather is on TV, I will think about life, about ideas, about whatever, and I will absorb nothing about the weather. What puzzles me is these occasional S's who think of NOTHING ALL THE TIME. Except maybe when that next party is so I can get drunk off my ass.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Weather. Pfft! What does weather mean to me?

Here we can see an example of different interests. I can appear vapid or stupid sometimes because I don't care to keep up with a lot of things, such as weather, which I haven't bothered with since my S&E class. If the weather is on TV, I will think about life, about ideas, about whatever, and I will absorb nothing about the weather. What puzzles me is these occasional S's who think of NOTHING ALL THE TIME. Except maybe when that next party is so I can get drunk off my ass.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Oops double post somehow.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

In Germany we call that "Fachidiot" which is a guy who only knows about his field of intrest .

Well I dont find it bad in any way
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Another example of me seeming stupid: I was once unaware that 2 people loosely within my extended friendship group had been dating for 2 years, despite seeing them together at one point almost every day.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    I see where you're coming from, but seriously, these people have very few strengths. Not that I'd tell them that, but it's kinda true.

I suppose if I were to give these 'unintelligent' sort of people 'strengths', I would say that they seem to make good company for each other. But that's about it.
    Intelligence only qualifies as one strength too. It's applicable to a lot of things in life, but then again so is empathy, for example.

You can study Neuro Linguistic Programming your whole life...when there are people out there that intuitively are able to use it, and aren't as intelligent. etc etc

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I'd like to confront something that is a common misconception.
    The thing is, that I think most people are either aware of it or in denial.
    People are trying to smooth over differences a lot by saying that different people are good at different things.
    Yet, some people are just inherently universally more competent than others.
    However, do not confuse this with being worth more.
    It just means that some people function better, quite generally.
    Why know a lot about just one subject, or just a little about several when you can have much of everything?

I am talking about the Renaissance Man. This is my life goal, to improve myself constantly.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I'd like to confront something that is a common misconception.
    The thing is, that I think most people are either aware of it or in denial.
    People are trying to smooth over differences a lot by saying that different people are good at different things.
    Yet, some people are just inherently universally more competent than others.
    However, do not confuse this with being worth more.
    It just means that some people function better, quite generally.
    Why know a lot about just one subject, or just a little about several when you can have much of everything?

I am talking about the Renaissance Man. This is my life goal, to improve myself constantly.
    Like what? Da Vinci? What the hell do we know about his personal life and if he screwed people over or not? What do we know about his happiness levels?