User Tag List

123 Last

Question What are your favorite & least favorite topics of discussion (in forum and irl)?

Favorite topics of discussion:

Capitalism and economy (finance)
    latest technology trends
    future and politics of my country
    ideas
    science and technology
    astrophysics
    modern chinese history

Least favorite topics of discussion:

What someone did today
    gossip
    things i can't understand
    (generally stuff in sensor conversation)
    (There should be more but i can't think of any right now)
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Favorite Topics:
    Anything and everything except...

Least favorite topics:
    ... details of other people's personal lives that are of no practical concern to me

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I can see a bit of a topical thinker bias emerging here, just to buck the trend then...

I am interested in peoples personal lives, particularly if its someone who I've got a professional interest in or liking for, the information that they impart provides me with food for thought and content to analyse.

Most of the theories that interest me and topics that I'll post are sociological or psychological in theme so it only makes sense that I'd be interested in people and minutae of their lives, its what the theories are about and the truth of falsehood of those theories can be discerned only by hearing from people themselves.

I do have a problem with communication styles, I think that feeling and sensing, if they are relegated styles and assert themselves in dysfunctional ways or even if they are dominant functions and people arent self-aware, can make communication difficult whatever the topic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Favorite topics:
    -philosophy
    -computer stuff
    -funny stuff
    -past experiences with emotional relevance
    -politics
    -soccer
    -...whatever unordinary

Least favorite topics:
    -the weather (mostly)
    -fashion, clothes of other people etc.
    -talking too much about me (in real life, makes me feel uncomfortable)
    -things that go against my values
    -...too ordinary things like cleaning etc.

edit: Oh, notice I am here in NT section, hope I am allowed to post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Favorite Topics:
    Pretty much anything

Least Favorite Topics:
    Repeats
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    Favorite Topics:
    Pretty much anything

Least Favorite Topics:
    Repeats
    this.

I also dislike people talking negatively about others behind their back. That drives me insane, and I feel guilty just enabling it. So Gossip.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I can see a bit of a topical thinker bias emerging here, just to buck the trend then...

I am interested in peoples personal lives, particularly if its someone who I've got a professional interest in or liking for, the information that they impart provides me with food for thought and content to analyse.

Most of the theories that interest me and topics that I'll post are sociological or psychological in theme so it only makes sense that I'd be interested in people and minutae of their lives, its what the theories are about and the truth of falsehood of those theories can be discerned only by hearing from people themselves.

I do have a problem with communication styles, I think that feeling and sensing, if they are relegated styles and assert themselves in dysfunctional ways or even if they are dominant functions and people arent self-aware, can make communication difficult whatever the topic.
    This sounds more like me. I like topics that have to do with human nature and why people behave the way they do. I love psychology and type theory (obviously). I also love pop culture and music. I like to analyze what the appeal is of a certain trend, or where a trend is going.

I've never been interested in finance or politics, for the most part. I don't mind discussing religion one on one with a friend, but not with strangers for sport. I don't like to hear the minutiae of a person's day unless I really, really care about them and know they need to vent. I don't like to listen to people complain about stuff that doesn't matter AT ALL, like the fact that their electric bill was $3 more this time. I'll give you the $3 if you shut up.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This sounds more like me. I like topics that have to do with human nature and why people behave the way they do. I love psychology and type theory (obviously). I also love pop culture and music. I like to analyze what the appeal is of a certain trend, or where a trend is going.

I've never been interested in finance or politics, for the most part. I don't mind discussing religion one on one with a friend, but not with strangers for sport. I don't like to hear the minutiae of a person's day unless I really, really care about them and know they need to vent. I don't like to listen to people complain about stuff that doesn't matter AT ALL, like the fact that their electric bill was $3 more this time. I'll give you the $3 if you shut up.
    Same, though in the pop culture department I'm almost entirely disinterested in typing celebrities. I'm especially a sucker for the threads along the lines of "HELP, having trouble with this interpersonal situation, what's going on?" Or any thread asking for help understanding a particular INFP.

MBTI
    ENTP

Favourite:
    literature
    science
    characters (well, duh)
    religion (I've had a series of great discussions with a friend. At the end he converted me. I'm quite happy with my conversion, but I miss those discussions! It just isn't as fun if you've got the same lack of a religion.)
    politics
    parts of culture, mostly the older parts. (I never understood how my classmates were able to recognize 'last year' music from 'this year' but found it difficult to distinguish between baroque and romantic. Come on, there's 100+ years between these styles!)
    myself (yes, I confess. I love attention...)

Least favourite:
    Children/grandchildren. You've got to listen politely. Probably this will change when I've got kids myself - then I'll listen politely while impatiently waiting on a chance to tell about my children and bore the others to death like any (grand)parent does.
    Other family/gossip stories. Am I really supposed to know who That One is? Well, it's sad that she has to go to hospital but...
    Popular culture. I'm supposed to be interested in whether That Celebrity is gay or not? I'm supposed to recognize them from their faces???
    Politics. Whether it's a favourite or not depends on whether I understand what's been discussed. If people discuss politics on a deeper level than my knowledge... Same goes for science, of course, but there's a better chance you hit the bottom of my knowledge with politics than with science.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Favourite topics:

fun stuff
    soccer and ice hockey
    economics
    societal stuff
    some tv-series and movies