User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Default People who are smarter than you

OK cough it up NT's. Who are the smartest people you've met in your life (can be online people i suppose)? Are they snarter than you? What types do you think they are? I'm particularly interested in INTJ answers.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INTP

The smartest person I have ever met was my old debate partner. He is also one of the only (like two) people I have ever met who are smarter than me.

I don't know if he has taken a test, but based on observed characteristics, INTP.
    "Those are my principles and if you don't like them......well, I have others"

-Groucho Marx

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

- Frederich Nietzsche

ReflecTcelfeR

There are quite a few people who are smarter than me. Does this make me less of an INTP? No. It just makes me lazy. I wouldn't consider myself smart, just off the beaten path.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Why is this question being asked of NTs in particular?
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Why is this question being asked of NTs in particular?
    Because I want to see how NT's compare themselves to other people intellectually.
    Chimera of Filth

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    OK cough it up NT's. Who are the smartest people you've met in your life (can be online people i suppose)? Are they snarter than you? What types do you think they are? I'm particularly interested in INTJ answers.
    I'm of the view that "smartness" is somewhat subjective and depends on context. I might say that someone else is "smarter" than me if we are discussing their field, and I am "smarter" than them if we are discussing my field.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Because I want to see how NT's compare themselves to other people intellectually.
    This just rephrases the question instead of answering it. Why the particular interest in how NTs compare themselves to other people intellectually?
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Smartest person I know is probably an E N/S TJ. Way too subjective of a variable though because smart is many different things. For instance he probably knows very little compared to many regarding things such as physics or philosophy. Nor is he the most politically suave character. His intelligence is with logic and execution.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

In matters of overall intelligence, whether it be social, emotional, general, etc. The 'smartest' person I've ever met was an ENFP...but that's just more in well-roundedness rather than intelligence I suppose.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    This just rephrases the question instead of answering it. Why the particular interest in how NTs compare themselves to other people intellectually?
    Oh I see. The fact of the matter is that I'm putting more weight than I'm revealing on the 2nd question. I want to see how many people NT's consider are smarter than them . I want to see just how smart NT's think they are. I'm also guessing that a good majority of the answers will involve other NT's. That is I think that it'll be rare for NT's to think that anyone from the other groups are smarter than them, at least proportionally/comparatively. Of course, this statement alone is nothing more than a blind and crude guess, so I'm testing my theory.
    Chimera of Filth