• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] People who are smarter than you

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK cough it up NT's. Who are the smartest people you've met in your life (can be online people i suppose)? Are they snarter than you? What types do you think they are? I'm particularly interested in INTJ answers.
I composed a haiku for this one:

-----Whom it may concern-----
People smarter than me suck
----------That's a fact----------

Last edited:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think deep down I have a tendency to feel that most people are smarter than me, to be honest.

I'm always trying to improve myself and understand new things but in the end I think it just makes me feel like a burned out slug. Not quick enough. Not clever enough.

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
lol I'm sorry if it sounds malicious, it really isn't. I love NT's, it's not a trap I promise! :D I'm just trying to understand them better and the results have been exactly what I've been looking for.

Here's a 2nd question to throw into the mix, do any of you play any sort of competitive, intellectual game like chess? How do you gauge someone's intelligence, is it just through discussion and debates?
I gauge peoples intelligence on how they apply there knowledge, so for example a second grade student learns 2+2 then takes that knowledge and comes up with groupings of 2 ie 2 4 6 8 etc I would then think that child is gifted in that area. I think this is the best way to guess someone's intelligence because you can be amazing in one subject because you study it intensely and continuously but still be stupid in all most every other area of your life. To the main topic of the thread though have I met anyone smarter then me? Yes I have (I think) my intj best friend (known as triangle on this forum) and probably lots of people online and maybe a douche bag at my school who got into mensa ( The whole idea of mensa makes me want to vomit I think communication with all the intelligence levels and people of all types will help create peace and education for all which our world surely needs and I have no need to get my iq tested and neither do I want it tested. The kids iq is 138 so he barely got in the only reason I know this is because he makes facebook statuses about it.)

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Smart is too nebulous a word... but people of these types have seriously impressed me with their insight and intellect:

INTP
ENTP
INTJ
INFJ
INFP

^ That's not in any kind of order. And FYI I don't know any confirmed ENTJs IRL.

Now street smarts would be a completely different story...

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Uhm,

INTP Dude
A beast at noticing patterns and logical inconsistencies, hyper-focuses on things he's interested in, and is great with compsci. Wears the same thing every day. INTJ friend calls it his 'uniform.'​
INFP Dude
Good at math, really strong critical thinking skills, great at philosophy/psychology, educates himself thoroughly on topics of interest.​
INFJ Dude
Reminds me of the INFP Dude, though I don't know him. From my observations - very intelligent, awesome critical thinking skills, very logical​
ENTP Dude
Quick with his words, very mature, emotionally intelligent and self-aware. Good writer. Works damn hard and studies a lot.​
ESXX Chick
She can memorize things like a monster and is good at solving math/science related problems. Isn't too great with writing/humanities, though, from what I've noticed. Spoiled sorority girl, but there is a machine behind her vapid, girly facade.​
ISFP Chick
In some ways - I think she can pick up on science/math more easily than I can, but I feel like I'm better with more humanities-oriented subjects.​

Bolded is the one who I think legitimately outclasses me.

W

WhoCares

I have no idea, because I don't go about life constantly searching for things to bruise\boost my ego by comparing myself to everyone else. And smart, how? In what way? I'm certain 90% of the world are smarter than me in some way. But at the end of the day who cares, it's not something I can do anything about and has little impact on how I go about my life.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
The first thing that came into my mind when I read the OP was: smarter at what?

I don't know anyone's IQ, and don't really care. The smartest people I've met in my life have not been good at everything, or even at most things. They were phenomenal in one, or a few related areas.

So the idea that there is a monolith called intelligence, has always struck me as largely useless. The one's I know who like others to know about their high IQ's, generally write mediocre poetry.:huh:

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Most people I know are not smarter than me, as far as I can observe. My ego may be responsible, who knows. I have a couple friends who are very academically smart, most likely INTPs, but have been known to get so hung up on details that it's impossible to have a big picture conversation with them. Usually trends to arguing even when we're both saying the same damn thing, they just can't see it.

Lark

I've not met many people who were smarter than me, I met lots when I was at university college dublin, like people who were completing their PhDs when they were in their early twenties and never had to look for work because universities, transglobal corporations, governments were head hunting them for research departments or divisions but that's one year out of my 33. When I mean lots I think I really mean between four and eight. Two of whom were like the character in Good Will Hunting without the anger issues.

I'm actually not sure how to place them typology wise, perhaps INTJs, although I also think that two of them had strong SFP or at least SP streaks.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
The smartest people I know are not the people who think they are the smartest people - true story.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Smarts in what context?

You could be head smart but completely misguided in the heart.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The smartest people I know are not the people who think they are the smartest people - true story.

Recognizing our own ignorance - indeed that is knowledge. I am wise because I know I know nothing.