First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    I'm also guessing that a good majority of the answers will involve other NT's. That is I think that it'll be rare for NT's to think that anyone from the other groups are smarter than them, at least proportionally/comparatively. Of course, this statement alone is nothing more than a blind and crude guess, so I'm testing my theory.
    It's certainly the impression many NTs give off....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Ah. Figured it was loaded bait. ty.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

ThatGirl

I would say that no one is smarter than any other....

But I would be saying that to try to sound smart.

MBTI
    ESFP

It's entirely possible I'm deluded, but I have not met many people who will match me for wit. I think many people similar type to me might say the same.

However, I know many people smarter than I am. The more experience that I have, the more it becomes clear to me that true intelligence is not a matter of accomplishments or scrupulousness, but how ones embodies the beauty of life. The smartest people I've ever known are hardly enviable by mosts' standard, but one cannot help but be captured by their mere existence when they are around.

To me, they are the smartest not for intellectual victories, but for living to the fullest. If life were a canvas or an instrument, they would be a virtuoso.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Ah. Figured it was loaded bait. ty.
    Loaded? The thread title alone is a give away.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    This just rephrases the question instead of answering it. Why the particular interest in how NTs compare themselves to other people intellectually?
    Curiosity? There's nothing wrong with that, Spartacuss

Smart people: more than a few INTPs; one ENTP; some STJs. None tested, I'm just guessing their types with hindsight. Now I'm thinking if I don't know any SPs or NJs (or Feelers!) who have struck me as really smart. I can't think of any right now.

By the way, and answering on the unavoidable discussion: yes, I've only looked at intelligence in the narrow meaning of the word. I thought that was the purpose of the question. There are people other than the ones above for who I've got quite some respect. Not because they are smarter (otherwise I'd put them there), but because they are more brave, stronger or just plainly better than I am.
    There are also some people in the little list above for who I've got no respect at all. Yes they are smarter than me, but still they don't earn my respect.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

If you mean on a purely intellectual level, I have yet met someone who can seriously beat me in that area, it's probably the environment I'm in though. Like someone else said earlier, smart is going to mean different things to various people, someone can be math smart, socially smart, or the introspective kind, it depends on the context. I will say that having a certain "awareness" seems kind of like the essence of intelligence to me.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

lol I'm sorry if it sounds malicious, it really isn't. I love NT's, it's not a trap I promise! I'm just trying to understand them better and the results have been exactly what I've been looking for.

Here's a 2nd question to throw into the mix, do any of you play any sort of competitive, intellectual game like chess? How do you gauge someone's intelligence, is it just through discussion and debates?
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Smartest person I know is probably an E N/S TJ. Way too subjective of a variable though because smart is many different things. For instance he probably knows very little compared to many regarding things such as physics or philosophy. Nor is he the most politically suave character. His intelligence is with logic and execution.
    Yea no. You are probably talking about yourself here so I am going to regard this coment as semi-bullshit.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am the smartest

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]