• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP, do you recognize yourself in this statement?

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
"If pushed beyond their comfort level to form commitments or emotional bonds, they may reject a relationship entirely."

Taken from Personalitypage.com.

To answer the question, yes I do. Or did.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Uh yeah. I do. It may have happened a few times before. May happen in the near future.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah, I want to at least feel like I have a choice, whether I do or not.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ahem, is there another way to react?:shock:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes. To a large extent, I have to be comfortable with the "terms" of the arrangement. I am flexible - I flex and flex and flex, but as soon as I feel that someone else's "will" is being imposed on me without my approval, I will either start getting very blunt with them, or cut ties altogether. Basically, I won't let it happen. If you don't grant me space, I will create it. I'll be extremely direct and tell you that you need to back off. If that doesn't work, I'll just disappear for a couple weeks. Your phone calls won't get through, I won't be home when you come looking. Your efforts to pin me down will be fruitless. That's in very extreme cases, but it does happen now and then.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
In the past definitely, but seems like less of an impulse as I get older.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I identify with this statement and I do agree with Metphor that it isn't just limited to INTPs.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I think it has a lot to do with being enneagram 5. We are terrified of being robbed of our free will. We get overwhelmed and wonder if we are choosing to be with the person or if they've "claimed" us.