User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Glycerine

Yes but the ones I know do it when people are genuinely being idiots, people are not doing what needs to be done, and/or order needs to be restored.
    Last edited by Glycerine; 09-27-2010 at 02:30 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ

If an ENTJ voicing their thoughts, which in perfect relation to reality easily crush the sputtering nonsense of others, is called steamrolling, what is the term for when others throw themselves, arms flailing and mouth sputtering regurgitated nonsense they trust as effective, in front of the advancing wheel?

My point is that our intentions are no more selfish than the silver tongued ENFJ, the difference is that we don't think twice about losing the allegiance of fools. The Fe parade-float/funeral procession method flattens just as many of your ideas, you just don't notice because you're so overcome with precisely the emotions they're plopping in your mouth and lovingly caressing down your throat.

I'd like to say it's a sign of respect for our opponents but it's not.

:P
    wails from the crypt.

Glycerine

Don't get me wrong.... Fe can also be imfamous for steamrolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Don't get me wrong.... Fe can also be imfamous for steamrolling.
    I can see Fe as being much more defensive.

Glycerine

What about both at the same time? I see it all the time in my military trained ESFJ dad... he definitely KNOWS how to chew people out like there's no tomorrow. For me, if I'm at my last straw, I will bulldoze the person...esp. my INFP mother... yikes.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    What about both at the same time? .
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    If an ENTJ voicing their thoughts, which in perfect relation to reality easily crush the sputtering nonsense of others, is called steamrolling, what is the term for when others throw themselves, arms flailing and mouth sputtering regurgitated nonsense they trust as effective, in front of the advancing wheel?

My point is that our intentions are no more selfish than the silver tongued ENFJ, the difference is that we don't think twice about losing the allegiance of fools. The Fe parade-float/funeral procession method flattens just as many of your ideas, you just don't notice because you're so overcome with precisely the emotions they're plopping in your mouth and lovingly caressing down your throat.

I'd like to say it's a sign of respect for our opponents but it's not.

:P
    ^I like this. As an INTP, I can relate so much to what you said with the main difference being that I sometimes feel bad after I've "voiced my thoughts" (as you put it) in a blunt manner. When the other person is left looking like this , I feel like, "Jeez, did I really need to say what I just said? Maybe I was too tough on the guy" or whatever.

There is a new customer of mine who voiced a problem he had to me some weeks ago and I was unable to fix the problem for him. Out of my control and my boss specifically told me to "let it go". Well, a week or so later I made a mistake on this guys' account - it cost him probably $1 and about 30 mintutes of his time to fix the problem. He goes straight to my boss and tells my boss that I'm incompetent, that I should be replaced, and that his last point of contact was much better than me.

When I saw the customer today I said, "Do you have a minute? Listen, apparently we've gotten off on the wrong foot. I made a mistake on your account and that's my fault and I apologize for it. I aim to please my customers - that's my job and I hold myself to a very high standard of performance - one that is probably higher than any of my customers could expect of me - but, I'm also human, and I do make mistakes. I can assure you though, that I'm no less competent than anybody in this place. Now, what can I do to make this right with you? Is there anything, anything at all that I can do to make this a non-issue going forward? Give you a dollar to cover the expense? Take you to lunch? What can I do to make it right in your eyes? And while we're talking about it, is there anything else that I don't know about that you think I could do better? I can't fix what I don't know about, so let me know." And I'm sure I had that INTP "gaze" where I'm looking right through him. You can try to look away and laugh it off, but I'll still be looking right at you, right in your eyes and I won't even be hinting at a smile. I want a straight answer and I'm looking you right in the eyes until I get it. You aren't dancing your way out of this one.

He looked pretty shocked. It's the same kind of thing as you mentioned though - quit playing games and talking to my boss behind my back and then smiling at me when you see me. Deal directly with me - like a man. Let's be grown ups.

Difference between me and ENTJ's: When I walk away, I feel kind of bad. And since I know I'll feel bad when I do it, I'm very cautious of it the next time. Fe is always in the background going, "Remember last time you felt bad! Take it easy on the poor guy. Be nice!"
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

haha.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

You're the boss.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

She wishes.