User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP

Default Do people hate you?

My entire life I have had random people (whom I've never interacted with much) come and tell me I'm an asshole or how nasty of a person I am. On account of getting along well with most people I never chalked it up to much. Honestly, I've never understood why this happens. I'm curious whether this might be a "MBTI type thing" or if anyone else has had this occur to them regularly who can share some insight.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Aside from the fact that they are incredible jerks, and inconsiderable jackasses, I'm not sure what it could be if you get along with a lot of people. It could be that since you don't interact with those people much, maybe they took something entirely the wrong way.
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no... most people like me, even people I dislike... I find this to be frustrating
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

figsfiggyfigs

I've never been told that I was hated or disliked by anyone before... O_O... Not that I know of anyways.

People generally like me, like whatever said, even people I dislike.
    I'm usually in a good, even if internally, I have something going on.

Being happy around others actually MAKES me happy. According to everyone I know, I'm in a smiley-bubbly mood 98% of the time. I guess people like bubbles.

OH. I've had groupmates become very frustrated with me when I bitch slap their idiotic ideas in the face. But I usually make up for it by buying them a drink, or showing my gratitude for their hard work lol

ENTJ

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Ghost View Post
    My entire life I have had random people (whom I've never interacted with much) come and tell me I'm an asshole or how nasty of a person I am. On account of getting along well with most people I never chalked it up to much. Honestly, I've never understood why this happens. I'm curious whether this might be a "MBTI type thing" or if anyone else has had this occur to them regularly who can share some insight.
    Hmmmm never. But to your topic: Why? Should they?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I wouldn't say they hate me, but there is a general dislike from some people. The feeling is often mutual though, so I don't let it bother me.

People find my honesty a bit too much for them, or the way I go about things to be wrong, and I tend to rub them the wrong way. But on a whole, not many people dislike me even if I greatly dislike them.

On the internet, there is a whole bunch of people who might really hate me. However, I know of only person from 'the real world' who expressed that I make him sick, mainly by being so 'darn indifferent'. If he hated me, it was because I did not agree with him on many accounts; I, on the other hand, despised him for a brand and extent of stupidity I had not encountered before I met him. I felt cheerful when I learned that he failed the final exam at our school two times and therefore had to leave without a graduation.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Ghost View Post
    My entire life I have had random people (whom I've never interacted with much) come and tell me I'm an asshole or how nasty of a person I am.
    That's entirely their own problem. People who do this kind of thing have probably loads of problems on their own, so any excuse will do to vent it out on other people. Very little information can be irritating to them, anything you say can trigger something or you just happen to be there at that moment. You express your opinions, something that they might not agree with or something that is connected with something else they have a problem with and even if it's something not that important, it gets blown out of proportion and thus creates a negative emotion in them. Sometimes people base their impressions on absolutely insignificant and ridiculous details. So, you automatically represent something threatening that has to be fought against, even if the encounter has been brief. It could be anybody in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As for myself, I have no idea. I don't pay all that much attention to people, I haven't had any encounters where people expressed anything as strong as hatred towards my personality in public or in private or I've just conveniently blocked the instances out of my mind. Hatred is too strong of a feeling, so I don't think I've given people much reason to get all that worked up about me. If any "closet haters" do, it's their problem.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

these replies are largely bs and overly PC... here's my take:

The unpopular truth that kiersey and none of the other profilers will tell you is that most people highly resent NTs, either secretly or overtly. Not because of our intelligence or creativity or any of that bullshit, but because of how utterly DIFFERENT we are from societal norms. We don't pay honor to the "human pecking order", we shun the good graces expected of us/all, we dont cater to those weaklings who want their egos fed 24/7, "listen to me tell you about my cat/Ford Truck or you're a big jerk", all of that crap that we hate so much, leads them to hate us back because they dont get it. We are very independently minded individuals - and I think that's where we get the most hatred from. People see that and they think "wow, what an asshole to not need others OR to let us need him! he/she must be an egomaniac".

In short - yes people hate me, very much so. And ive hated them back for a long time. thats started to change, but know this - you are not deluding yourself, nor are you paranoid. The question is what do you want to do about how you are resented for being an NT rational?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Online? Yes. Offline? No.