• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do people hate you?

Blown Ghost

MBTI Type
ESFP
My entire life I have had random people (whom I've never interacted with much) come and tell me I'm an asshole or how nasty of a person I am. On account of getting along well with most people I never chalked it up to much. Honestly, I've never understood why this happens. I'm curious whether this might be a "MBTI type thing" or if anyone else has had this occur to them regularly who can share some insight.

WildCard

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Aside from the fact that they are incredible jerks, and inconsiderable jackasses, I'm not sure what it could be if you get along with a lot of people. It could be that since you don't interact with those people much, maybe they took something entirely the wrong way.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no... most people like me, even people I dislike... I find this to be frustrating :dry:

F

figsfiggyfigs

I've never been told that I was hated or disliked by anyone before... O_O... Not that I know of anyways.

People generally like me, like whatever said, even people I dislike.
I'm usually in a good, even if internally, I have something going on.

Being happy around others actually MAKES me happy. According to everyone I know, I'm in a smiley-bubbly mood 98% of the time. I guess people like bubbles. :shrug:

OH. I've had groupmates become very frustrated with me when I bitch slap their idiotic ideas in the face. But I usually make up for it by buying them a drink, or showing my gratitude for their hard work lol

ENTJ

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
My entire life I have had random people (whom I've never interacted with much) come and tell me I'm an asshole or how nasty of a person I am. On account of getting along well with most people I never chalked it up to much. Honestly, I've never understood why this happens. I'm curious whether this might be a "MBTI type thing" or if anyone else has had this occur to them regularly who can share some insight.

Hmmmm never. But to your topic: Why? Should they?

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I wouldn't say they hate me, but there is a general dislike from some people. The feeling is often mutual though, so I don't let it bother me.

People find my honesty a bit too much for them, or the way I go about things to be wrong, and I tend to rub them the wrong way. But on a whole, not many people dislike me even if I greatly dislike them.

Nicodemus

On the internet, there is a whole bunch of people who might really hate me. However, I know of only person from 'the real world' who expressed that I make him sick, mainly by being so 'darn indifferent'. If he hated me, it was because I did not agree with him on many accounts; I, on the other hand, despised him for a brand and extent of stupidity I had not encountered before I met him. I felt cheerful when I learned that he failed the final exam at our school two times and therefore had to leave without a graduation.

P

Phantonym

My entire life I have had random people (whom I've never interacted with much) come and tell me I'm an asshole or how nasty of a person I am.

That's entirely their own problem. People who do this kind of thing have probably loads of problems on their own, so any excuse will do to vent it out on other people. Very little information can be irritating to them, anything you say can trigger something or you just happen to be there at that moment. You express your opinions, something that they might not agree with or something that is connected with something else they have a problem with and even if it's something not that important, it gets blown out of proportion and thus creates a negative emotion in them. Sometimes people base their impressions on absolutely insignificant and ridiculous details. So, you automatically represent something threatening that has to be fought against, even if the encounter has been brief. It could be anybody in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As for myself, I have no idea. I don't pay all that much attention to people, I haven't had any encounters where people expressed anything as strong as hatred towards my personality in public or in private or I've just conveniently blocked the instances out of my mind. Hatred is too strong of a feeling, so I don't think I've given people much reason to get all that worked up about me. If any "closet haters" do, it's their problem. :shrug:

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
these replies are largely bs and overly PC... here's my take:

The unpopular truth that kiersey and none of the other profilers will tell you is that most people highly resent NTs, either secretly or overtly. Not because of our intelligence or creativity or any of that bullshit, but because of how utterly DIFFERENT we are from societal norms. We don't pay honor to the "human pecking order", we shun the good graces expected of us/all, we dont cater to those weaklings who want their egos fed 24/7, "listen to me tell you about my cat/Ford Truck or you're a big jerk", all of that crap that we hate so much, leads them to hate us back because they dont get it. We are very independently minded individuals - and I think that's where we get the most hatred from. People see that and they think "wow, what an asshole to not need others OR to let us need him! he/she must be an egomaniac".

In short - yes people hate me, very much so. And ive hated them back for a long time. thats started to change, but know this - you are not deluding yourself, nor are you paranoid. The question is what do you want to do about how you are resented for being an NT rational?

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
I love NT's!!
My best friend is an ENTP and 80% of my idols are NT's.
Maynard James Keenan INTP, Roger Waters INTP, George Carlin INTJ, A high school teacher of mine XNTJ, ect.
You guys are effing great!!!
The only think I dislike about you is that you make me feel really stupid:happy0065:
But that's easily forgivable:D

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I think people feel threatened by me. They show it 'jokingly' (sarcastically), they say they don't mean it, but I find that hard to understand because they constantly argue with me and my ideas. Hatred, though, I don't see. People have started off hating me for no reason, or thinking I was INCREDIBLY annoying (I talk alot when I feel comfortable), however that quickly changes once they see who I really am. This is what I perceive anyway.

A

A window to the soul

I'm a "know it all." It's not hateful, it's a compliment. :redface:

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
I think people feel threatened by me. They show it 'jokingly' (sarcastically), they say they don't mean it, but I find that hard to understand because they constantly argue with me and my ideas. Hatred, though, I don't see. People have started off hating me for no reason, or thinking I was INCREDIBLY annoying (I talk alot when I feel comfortable), however that quickly changes once they see who I really am. This is what I perceive anyway.

That seems about right, from my perspective

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Im an ENTP. I cant tell if people hate me or not. I have heard that some people do, but i dont have any idea if it is true or not and i dont particularly care to find out because the people that hate me are usually the ones that dont know me at all.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
well perhaps hate is too strong a word for it and im exaggerating, but replace hate with any watered down verb in my original post and it still remains accurate and true.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Online? Yes. Offline? No.

For sure.

One of my best friends is ENTP. He has a lot of people that dislike him (in real life), but A) he doesn't care and B) it's because he's totally upfront about not liking them first. So he doesn't really mind.

Actually, I don't like about 85% of the aforementioned people myself. But I don't see the point in saying so. I find I usually fall out of touch with them effortlessly enough.

The people who hate me hate me because of my political/religious/pop culture/insert topic X beliefs (which I probably admittedly instigated what I'd call a debate but they'd call an argument on), not because I was particularly mean

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
these replies are largely bs and overly PC... here's my take:

The unpopular truth that kiersey and none of the other profilers will tell you is that most people highly resent NTs, either secretly or overtly. Not because of our intelligence or creativity or any of that bullshit, but because of how utterly DIFFERENT we are from societal norms. We don't pay honor to the "human pecking order", we shun the good graces expected of us/all, we dont cater to those weaklings who want their egos fed 24/7, "listen to me tell you about my cat/Ford Truck or you're a big jerk", all of that crap that we hate so much, leads them to hate us back because they dont get it. We are very independently minded individuals - and I think that's where we get the most hatred from. People see that and they think "wow, what an asshole to not need others OR to let us need him! he/she must be an egomaniac".

In short - yes people hate me, very much so. And ive hated them back for a long time. thats started to change, but know this - you are not deluding yourself, nor are you paranoid. The question is what do you want to do about how you are resented for being an NT rational?

Doesn't sound right to me... Most of that sounds like it might be due to introversion of Enneagram 5ness.

I was hated during highschool by a whole heap of assholes in higher grades. No idea why, they just started bullying and pushing me every day on the bus. Aint school great?

Same sort of thing happens online sometimes, someone told me that 'we don't want any more retards like you around here'. I didn't do anything at all, but I felt like going off my face but it would never suffice.

Generally though, nobody hates me, as much as I can push people sometimes :D