User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    ISFJ

It's funny, I wouldn't consider myself charismatic in a classical sense, but no one I've ever met as hated me, or if they did, they started loving me as time went by and kinda did a 180º.

Hmm I think what tends to spur that is after a couple of episodes that made them understand me a little better. I guess I'm my worst enemy when it comes to being understood.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    The unpopular truth that kiersey and none of the other profilers will tell you is that most people highly resent NTs, either secretly or overtly. Not because of our intelligence or creativity or any of that bullshit, but because of how utterly DIFFERENT we are from societal norms. We don't pay honor to the "human pecking order", we shun the good graces expected of us/all, we dont cater to those weaklings who want their egos fed 24/7, "listen to me tell you about my cat/Ford Truck or you're a big jerk", all of that crap that we hate so much, leads them to hate us back because they dont get it. We are very independently minded individuals - and I think that's where we get the most hatred from. People see that and they think "wow, what an asshole to not need others OR to let us need him! he/she must be an egomaniac".
    Yesyesyes. OP, it's probably because an ENTJ is not superdy-duperdy sensitive to others' feelings. It doesn't automatically make you an asshole. NTs should all strive to be less insensitive, but it's not an entirely bad trait to have. The people who call you an asshole, are probably assholes.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Ghost View Post
    My entire life I have had random people (whom I've never interacted with much) come and tell me I'm an asshole or how nasty of a person I am. On account of getting along well with most people I never chalked it up to much. Honestly, I've never understood why this happens. I'm curious whether this might be a "MBTI type thing" or if anyone else has had this occur to them regularly who can share some insight.
    This has never happened to me. I'm a girl though, so if you're not, it might be a gender issue. That is, people might actually just be joking around with you, or maybe people find it more acceptable to say things like this bluntly to men.

Or maybe you are an asshole.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    Yesyesyes. OP, it's probably because an ENTJ is not superdy-duperdy sensitive to others' feelings. It doesn't automatically make you an asshole. NTs should all strive to be less insensitive, but it's not an entirely bad trait to have. The people who call you an asshole, are probably assholes.
    I'm sure there are some very nice ones, or ones that treat people with deserved respect, but in my experience, as an NT, a fair few ENTJs are in fact assholes. Am I an asshole, now?