User Tag List

First 34567 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Doesn't sound right to me... Most of that sounds like it might be due to introversion of Enneagram 5ness.

that may be accurate.

However, I maintain many NTs would benefit from my words:

You are not alone.

PS: don't hug me, or ill fucking shoot you. srs.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Is this the part where all the NT's hold hands, and sing "heal the world?"
    Last edited by CrystalViolet; 09-06-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: correctin sentence structure
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    these replies are largely bs and overly PC... here's my take:

The unpopular truth that kiersey and none of the other profilers will tell you is that most people highly resent NTs, either secretly or overtly. Not because of our intelligence or creativity or any of that bullshit, but because of how utterly DIFFERENT we are from societal norms. We don't pay honor to the "human pecking order", we shun the good graces expected of us/all, we dont cater to those weaklings who want their egos fed 24/7, "listen to me tell you about my cat/Ford Truck or you're a big jerk", all of that crap that we hate so much, leads them to hate us back because they dont get it. We are very independently minded individuals - and I think that's where we get the most hatred from. People see that and they think "wow, what an asshole to not need others OR to let us need him! he/she must be an egomaniac".
    I very much agree with this statement. I would add that there is also a certain amount of resentment over their interpretation of us as "too good" for them. Which is interesting because most of the time I'm not overtly expressing my superiority, I'm attempting to explain how I am dissatisfied with something. There is a huge difference that isn't picked up.

There are several people who think I am an asshole. All I have to say to that is - I have learned to accept my need to think critically and also my need to express it, not keep it inside. I choose not to walk on eggshells with people because otherwise they take advantage of you. I'd rather just be who I am, offend people inadvertently, and just continue on. I've already proven myself to be worthy of many accolades anyway so there is a rationale to my madness that I will not be denied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Damn straight.

Y'all hate how perfect I am. *preen*

You aren't worthy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI

If not hate, then dislike. I negotiate to get my way, but will happily compromise for something that may be even more beneficial and yield the greatest results. I'm a team player and love working with people on an equal level, but will usurp the leadership position if I feel that the current leader is incompetent. I'm blunt about things I think are wrong or could be improved, and will dish it out even if I know the other party is not interested in hearing it.

Arguing is my favourite sport.

My view of this is, they are, I am. If we can connect on some level, great! If we can't, we can't.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Seriously, never, ever, underestimate how much it eats away and people and provokes their rage that you could simply be happier than they are.
    Or maybe you're just mean and beligerent and closed minded, and lack self-awareness to such a degree that you don't realize how closed-minded and hypocritical you're being.

You know, sometimes people dislike other people for a very good reason. Of course, this "very good reason" varies from person to person...what bugs the hell out of me might be completely tolerable to you.

It often just comes down to personality compatibility.

But not always.

MBTI
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Blown Ghost, I'm just checking if there's gas in the tank. You might really be an asshole, or you might just seem like an asshole. Unclear.
    I really don't see the point in trying to determine this about myself (or anyone) the reason I ask because whether or not someone needs to shove their undeserved criticism up their ass doesn't necessarily stop them from getting in the way and causing trouble. Understanding the motivation helps predict and defuse their behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Seriously, never, ever, underestimate how much it eats away and people and provokes their rage that you could simply be happier than they are.
    Precisely what I mean. The fact that someone has made you out to be an enemy and that can mean problems down the road. People you butt heads with will either consider your a competitor or an enemy, and the latter is when you'll become the target of slander, passive-aggression, and underhanded attacks. It's a whole different ballgame apart from healthy competition.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Ghost View Post
    I really don't see the point in trying to determine this about myself (or anyone)...
    Well, I'd say it's pretty important to determine if you're doing something wrong, and failure to monitor this would be a pretty big problem IMO. "The point" would be to make sure that there is not a failure in your own perceptive abilities which is blinding you to behavior which could at the least just annoy other people but be unimportant, but at the most both cause large scale alienation AND be counter-productive.

But, onward...

My entire life I have had random people (whom I've never interacted with much) come and tell me I'm an asshole or how nasty of a person I am. On account of getting along well with most people I never chalked it up to much. Honestly, I've never understood why this happens. I'm curious whether this might be a "MBTI type thing" or if anyone else has had this occur to them regularly who can share some insight.
    ...the reason I ask because whether or not someone needs to shove their undeserved criticism up their ass doesn't necessarily stop them from getting in the way and causing trouble. Understanding the motivation helps predict and defuse their behavior.
    I misunderstood. I thought the question was more about being an asshole as opposed to why other people think you're an asshole. So it's about the other people.

Still, I'll refer you back to my first paragraph here. I think it has to be given that if they are "in your way" and "cause problems", that's not as bad as it seems if you are actually screwing up. They could be stopping you from digging yourself deeper into a hole. Hence proving the relevancy of why an evaluation of your (or their) behavior is not only relevant, it's crucial.

Makes sense?

Otherwise, people provide criticism for a variety of reasons, such as:

- they are compelled to find inconsistencies
    - they are offended, and will look for something bad about you, real or not
    - failure to meet expectations
    - social pressures (to isolate you from the group, for instance)
    - insecurity

People will "get in the way" for a variety of reasons, such as:

- they see you as incompetent
    - they think you are ignoring important details
    - they don't like your policies
    - they are jealous
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Honestly, I've never understood why this happens. I'm curious whether this might be a "MBTI type thing" or if anyone else has had this occur to them regularly who can share some insight.
    In my case, I realized that it happened because of prejudice and envy towards me. So, I pay no mind to my haters.

They tell me that I'm superficial, uncaring, and selfish. That they would rather be dead than being like me. Well, it's their loss if they are not interested to know me.

I don't think it is related to type. All my (declared) haters have no idea of what is the MBTI. And, idiocy affects all types of people. No matter which system you are using to categorize them.

How do I shove off the criticism? Doing things that show my best traits. That way I can give proof that their criticism is wrong.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric