• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do people hate you?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
People tend to not like perfectly good people who make them feel insecure in some way- people who actually follow through whatever envy they feel are assholes and best avoided.

ubee0173

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
the only people i have met who hate me have been people who are exactly like me! which i cant get my head around because i dont do that- the whole world is my friend until they do something douchey! i dont know if they think there will be some sort of power struggle or what- maybe you give off an 'alpha' vibe and they feel threatened. or maybe they are just giant dickbags, in which case i suggest you smite them. then they will have a reason to dislike you!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had a few reports of people disliking me.. Usually random and by people who don't know me well.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
oh I'm sure there are people out there that hate me, but I think thats due to my other occupation. I get called everything in the book when I am at the jail.

G

Glycerine

This girl hates my guts because I stopped hanging out with her and her friends who might I add are not as pretty as her (so she could be the pretty one). I stopped hanging out with her because she made up shit about people, made fun of how people looked and laughed about it like it was funniest thing ever, etc. Of course, she started saying shit about me and was SO smart to post it on facebook...
Also, this girl was psychologically fighting me to get a guy. So yea. It's probably mutual.

Some other folks didn't like me for obvious reasons. When I get too anxious, I become a bit of a control freak. Also, I used to get offended quite easily when I was younger and purposely tried to sabotage my own friendships.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People tell me they like me a lot. I don't seem to have a whole lot of close friendships though, and those I do have took a long while to develop.

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
yea people have been telling me ive been an asshole for a while now, but i realized that i honestly didn't give two shits on what they thought and told them to "fuck off" just to add to my apparent assholeness ^.^

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It's funny, I wouldn't consider myself charismatic in a classical sense, but no one I've ever met as hated me, or if they did, they started loving me as time went by and kinda did a 180º.

Hmm I think what tends to spur that is after a couple of episodes that made them understand me a little better. I guess I'm my worst enemy when it comes to being understood.

Random Ness

The unpopular truth that kiersey and none of the other profilers will tell you is that most people highly resent NTs, either secretly or overtly. Not because of our intelligence or creativity or any of that bullshit, but because of how utterly DIFFERENT we are from societal norms. We don't pay honor to the "human pecking order", we shun the good graces expected of us/all, we dont cater to those weaklings who want their egos fed 24/7, "listen to me tell you about my cat/Ford Truck or you're a big jerk", all of that crap that we hate so much, leads them to hate us back because they dont get it. We are very independently minded individuals - and I think that's where we get the most hatred from. People see that and they think "wow, what an asshole to not need others OR to let us need him! he/she must be an egomaniac".

Yesyesyes. OP, it's probably because an ENTJ is not superdy-duperdy sensitive to others' feelings. It doesn't automatically make you an asshole. NTs should all strive to be less insensitive, but it's not an entirely bad trait to have. The people who call you an asshole, are probably assholes.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My entire life I have had random people (whom I've never interacted with much) come and tell me I'm an asshole or how nasty of a person I am. On account of getting along well with most people I never chalked it up to much. Honestly, I've never understood why this happens. I'm curious whether this might be a "MBTI type thing" or if anyone else has had this occur to them regularly who can share some insight.

This has never happened to me. I'm a girl though, so if you're not, it might be a gender issue. That is, people might actually just be joking around with you, or maybe people find it more acceptable to say things like this bluntly to men.

Or maybe you are an asshole. ;)

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Yesyesyes. OP, it's probably because an ENTJ is not superdy-duperdy sensitive to others' feelings. It doesn't automatically make you an asshole. NTs should all strive to be less insensitive, but it's not an entirely bad trait to have. The people who call you an asshole, are probably assholes.

I'm sure there are some very nice ones, or ones that treat people with deserved respect, but in my experience, as an NT, a fair few ENTJs are in fact assholes. Am I an asshole, now?