123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Default I kinda hate my P

I will totally admit that I have INTJ envy. I really wish I could follow through, plan, and complete projects better. I wish I could make decisions and then STICK to them. I do find most INTJ to be a little "dour", but I would probably have P --> J reassignment surgery if I could!

The point is, the part of myself I'm always vowing to change is really not something that I can change, probably.

Are there any older, wiser INTP who have learned to just accept Pness? Or do you still feel chagrined by "failure of the P" moments?
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    ENTP

I too am looking for the answer to your question for some time.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm an older INTP...haven't figured out to do with my P-ness yet.

I keep coming up with more ideas, more thoughts, more suggestions, more, more, more and cannot come to a satisfactory conclusion.

MBTI
    INTP

I doubt I am older, but I have always preferred my P. INTJs have always seemed a bit too "straight" if that makes any sense. Unwilling to deviate from their current course for the mere joy of seeing what else there is.

I admit it would be nice to procrastinate less, but I get enough done. I would not trade freedom for efficiency.
    "Those are my principles and if you don't like them......well, I have others"

-Groucho Marx

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

- Frederich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ISFJ

I have found out what my strengths really are fairly recently. There is no use making plans. I don't thrive on planning....but I do thrive on ideas and following through with the ones that jive with my instinct though. They are never wrong. And because they are always right, they also make the absence of a plan not be a problem. They are right because there is a way to do it, that will give me pleasure, without having to plan.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I have found out what my strengths really are fairly recently. There is no use making plans. I don't thrive on planning....but I do thrive on ideas and following through with the ones that jive with my instinct though. They are never wrong. And because they are always right, they also make the absence of a plan not be a problem. They are right because there is a way to do it, that will give me pleasure, without having to plan.
    yes.

and...for me, If I'm really jonesin' on an idea, I can be extremely motivated. I follow through with things that are important to me but that usually excludes a lot.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP

I love my P, but I do wish I could be more decisive and "straight" in a sense. I think it comes down to Fe. When I have completed something I really wanted done, I feel so relieved. You have to know when to suck it up so that you can sustain an "INTP" lifestyle.

Music also helps me to get through trivial drudgery

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I like my P, I just try to put J work ethic into my Pness' ideas.
    I've become much more organized, I'm getting things done that needs to be done, and if I find something to be too mundane for myself to do, I'll make someone else do it for free (for the most part).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    I like my P, I just try to put J work ethic into my Pness' ideas.
    I've become much more organized, I'm getting things done that needs to be done, and if I find something to be too mundane for myself to do, I'll make someone else do it for free (for the most part).
    sounds good... but how did you manage all that (especially the last - I could really use minions)? any tips?
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    sounds good... but how did you manage all that (especially the last - I could really use minions)? any tips?
    I sort of use my strong Se/Ne combo to convince others that helping me is beneficial for them, but using Ti to have people do your bidding works just as well...just don't let that Fe get in your way.

Plus the big thing is making it look like you've done something for them, like 'hey, I paid for (random item) for you, why don't you do my dishes in return?'

You just gotta target the suckers.