• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] I kinda hate my P

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
I will totally admit that I have INTJ envy. I really wish I could follow through, plan, and complete projects better. I wish I could make decisions and then STICK to them. I do find most INTJ to be a little "dour", but I would probably have P --> J reassignment surgery if I could!

The point is, the part of myself I'm always vowing to change is really not something that I can change, probably.

Are there any older, wiser INTP who have learned to just accept Pness? Or do you still feel chagrined by "failure of the P" moments?

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I too am looking for the answer to your question for some time.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an older INTP...haven't figured out to do with my P-ness yet.

I keep coming up with more ideas, more thoughts, more suggestions, more, more, more and cannot come to a satisfactory conclusion.

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
I doubt I am older, but I have always preferred my P. INTJs have always seemed a bit too "straight" if that makes any sense. Unwilling to deviate from their current course for the mere joy of seeing what else there is.

I admit it would be nice to procrastinate less, but I get enough done. I would not trade freedom for efficiency.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have found out what my strengths really are fairly recently. There is no use making plans. I don't thrive on planning....but I do thrive on ideas and following through with the ones that jive with my instinct though. They are never wrong. And because they are always right, they also make the absence of a plan not be a problem. They are right because there is a way to do it, that will give me pleasure, without having to plan.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have found out what my strengths really are fairly recently. There is no use making plans. I don't thrive on planning....but I do thrive on ideas and following through with the ones that jive with my instinct though. They are never wrong. And because they are always right, they also make the absence of a plan not be a problem. They are right because there is a way to do it, that will give me pleasure, without having to plan.

yes.

and...for me, If I'm really jonesin' on an idea, I can be extremely motivated. I follow through with things that are important to me but that usually excludes a lot.

quamdel

MBTI Type
INTP
I love my P, but I do wish I could be more decisive and "straight" in a sense. I think it comes down to Fe. When I have completed something I really wanted done, I feel so relieved. You have to know when to suck it up so that you can sustain an "INTP" lifestyle.

Music also helps me to get through trivial drudgery:headphne:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like my P, I just try to put J work ethic into my Pness' ideas.
I've become much more organized, I'm getting things done that needs to be done, and if I find something to be too mundane for myself to do, I'll make someone else do it for free (for the most part).

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
I like my P, I just try to put J work ethic into my Pness' ideas.
I've become much more organized, I'm getting things done that needs to be done, and if I find something to be too mundane for myself to do, I'll make someone else do it for free (for the most part).

sounds good... but how did you manage all that (especially the last - I could really use minions)? any tips? :)

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
sounds good... but how did you manage all that (especially the last - I could really use minions)? any tips? :)

I sort of use my strong Se/Ne combo to convince others that helping me is beneficial for them, but using Ti to have people do your bidding works just as well...just don't let that Fe get in your way.

Plus the big thing is making it look like you've done something for them, like 'hey, I paid for (random item) for you, why don't you do my dishes in return?'

You just gotta target the suckers. :devil:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Still.
Don't wanna give up P, I just want less of it.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I sort of use my strong Se/Ne combo to convince others that helping me is beneficial for them, but using Ti to have people do your bidding works just as well...just don't let that Fe get in your way.

Plus the big thing is making it look like you've done something for them, like 'hey, I paid for (random item) for you, why don't you do my dishes in return?'

You just gotta target the suckers. :devil:

If I were to judge you purely by this statement, I would say you're a sad excuse for a person. I'd also say that if you continue to do this, you'll deserve what's coming to you.

Still.
Don't wanna give up P, I just want less of it.

Or you want the ability to control it when its beneficial uses are needed. In that case, you'd have to find a way to healthily use Fe more closely with Ne and Ti.

Cbelle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wow, "I kinda hate my P" .... "I love my P" ... do you realize what this sounds like?

WELL I LIKE MINE!!!!!!

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
^ Ohhh!!! I GET IT!!!!

I love my PUGS, too! :wubbie:

three-nice-pugs.jpg

metasapiens

MBTI Type
N>JI
I wish I could make decisions and then STICK to them.
Fe can help to find the passion to stick to a decision and persist.

But why, exactly ? Guilt ? Peer pressure ? .......

As dominant introverted judgers, INTPs may think that introverted judgment is a calvary, since they're mainly driven by a need for adapting themselves to their environment, while a huge bunch of extraverted judgers are dictating rules for everything, and shape an environment in their own image, a world where introverted judgers are judged as an hindrance.

But eh, the purpose of reasoning is to adapt our paradigms to the reality. An opposite behaviour is senseless, unless we're some sort of omnipotent gods. From that perspective, extraverted judgment is probably unhealthy as a leading judgment function, and should be used as an incidental tool to find the resources to protect one's environment from extraverted judgers' invasive behaviour.

Plus I somewhat suspect extraverted judgment to impede the global moral development, by pushing us all into exogenous relations with moral authority. Anyway, if someday I become a XXXJ, please kill me.

Is the J side of the force stronger?

No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I were to judge you purely by this statement, I would say you're a sad excuse for a person. I'd also say that if you continue to do this, you'll deserve what's coming to you.

Hey! The lady told you to move that Fe out the way!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I will totally admit that I have INTJ envy. I really wish I could follow through, plan, and complete projects better. I wish I could make decisions and then STICK to them. I do find most INTJ to be a little "dour", but I would probably have P --> J reassignment surgery if I could!

The point is, the part of myself I'm always vowing to change is really not something that I can change, probably.

You gotta want to do it. I don't mean change, I mean the task/trait that you want to do/obtain, without the desire to finish it just won't happen.

Work to your strengths. If you find motivation and finishing things is something you struggle with then search till you find something that can do that for you, it may have to be outside of yourself. Figure out exactly what stops you: Distractions? Loss of interest? Lack of focus? Laziness? Then work out what happens different when you actually do finish something and recreate that environment.

I'm craphouse with finishing everything I start, I start way too many things for that to even be possible but when something comes along that I want to, or have to, complete it's a matter of setting in place an environment that encourages me to finish, that means no tasty distractions, and some checks in place that will hold me accountable if I don't finish, pressure from other people is especially motivating in that respect.

Too much focus on "I'm an INTP" will be counter-productive as you can easily claim that you can't change part of yourself when that's the one thing in life you have the most control over.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hey! The lady told you to move that Fe out the way!

Wrong! I could argue her comment stressed me out so much I relied on Te to criticize her flaws. :jew:

Unique

As a scorer of 100% P in most cases J has always seemed like a mystery to me, it never looks more efficient and despite what most people think I've always found P to be a faster process

Take a clean room vs dirty room for a simple example, I clean my room significantly less than a J which saves time, I also know where things are located straight away cause they are exactly where I left them, I clean when its absolutely required not "just cause" although a simple example this spills into a lot of different aspects

There are many other examples and there have been threads on this before if you are willing to do a search where I have rigorously debated against this idea that P is somehow inefficient