Thread: Female INTX's

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah
    I find that it's hard for me to get to a fairly deep level of emotional connection with a fellow INTP, which is something I need in a romantic situation. Other INTP women seem to not mind a lack of emo. I need it in order to get out of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Yes. This. I always end up competing with NT guys. That can be hot, but emotionally barren and ultimately unrewarding. I imagine it's the same for them. We understand each other pretty effortlessly, but can't give each other what we need.
    Word.

Great mindmates and maybe playmates; but the rest is just sort of empty.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by quamdel View Post

Do any of you NTs know where to find INTx females, without breaking in to their home libraries? I can't remember if I have ever met one, and I would love to go out with one, if I knew where to find them.
    There are lots here. you have good odds at intpc, no comment on the oddity of the goods there.

Is dating a female INTx... a bad idea?
    I don't think so. [stern look at the naysayers in this thread]

I am flirtarded if that helps. Probably hurts tho.
    Not necessarily. Some of us find flirtardation cute -- much preferable to pick-up artist rubbish.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    Not necessarily. Some of us find flirtardation cute -- much preferable to pick-up artist rubbish.
    Trying to be a PUA with INTx females is like dressing up like chum and throwing yourself in the Indian Ocean in mid-summer.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^LOL.
    There are lots here. you have good odds at intpc, no comment on the oddity of the goods there.

I don't think so. [stern look at the naysayers in this thread]
    I didn't say it wouldn't be great for him.
    Not necessarily. Some of us find flirtardation cute
    True dat. I think it's adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp

I didn't say it wouldn't be great for him.
    Come to think of it, IME he'll enjoy it more if he likes competition and is a bit masochistic. Some people get off on that.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Come to think of it, IME he'll enjoy it more if he likes competition and is a bit masochistic. Some people get off on that.
    Yes. We call them "NFs".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

umm... it weird to say that you would be attracted to a female version of yourself (obviously not physically)? I don't think so. Or would it? I don't know. But It might. Maybe.
    I am not attracted to other INTPs (not enough interesting differences, at least in encounters so far), but it seems how much "differentness" you want can be up to personal taste and even life stage... so if it seems appealing, I say go for it!

Do any of you NTs know where to find INTx females, without breaking in to their home libraries? I can't remember if I have ever met one, and I would love to go out with one, if I knew where to find them.
    Some of us INTx women look like other types at first glance. But I would suggest going back to grad school, then stalk the compsci/math (INTP) or engineering (INTJ) departments like mad. Or just find the local grad student bar if you want to avoid the whole my-god-this-is-practically-indentured-servitude career suicide thing.

How do you attract a female INTx?
    Is dating a female INTx... a bad idea?
    Be competent at what you do. I like understated (deserved) self-confidence. You can chase, but don't expect it to be easy. Have informed opinions and express them. Above all, be an individual.

I don't think it's a bad idea... but then, I am one!

I am flirtarded if that helps. Probably hurts tho.
    Most of my relationships just started as a random conversation in a public place. None of that bullshit "oh what do you do? Interesting!" crap... just go straight for the funny observation/witty remark or beer chug challenge. I hate to sound like your mom, but be yourself. We can see just like anyone else when a guy is trying too hard.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

:
    I work with lots of other INTX females....I'm in pharmaceutical R&D.

MBTI
    intP

We understand each other pretty effortlessly, but can't give each other what we need.
    Space, cuddling, stimulation... I think that's all I need in a relationship.

Out of curiosity and a desire for self improvement, what needs are a INTx guys poor at satisfying?

I'm asking an INTx out tomorrow. I'm committing to it here publicly to shame me into not chickening out.

I found her in a grad math department.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by suttree View Post
    Space, cuddling, stimulation... I think that's all I need in a relationship.

Out of curiosity and a desire for self improvement, what needs are a INTx guys poor at satisfying?
    Ones that aren't their own?
    INTP men are often cited as the worse partners, in terms of relationship satisfaction. I think the general obliviousness toward/intolerance of the emotional needs of others is the biggest problem.
    I'm asking an INTx out tomorrow. I'm committing to it here publicly to shame me into not chickening out.

I found her in a grad math department.
    Good luck! Don't fuck it up like you did last time!