User Tag List

12 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Experiencing NT shutdown

You ever experienced this and how does it go or loook like? I think I experienced it today, similar to psychological flooding, physically my heart rate went through the roof, my breathing was difficult to control/hyperventilating, once I got my breath under control I didnt get my heart under control, everything took on a dream like character and I've got to say that my F went into hyper drive and possibly even started to experience a S function asserting itself.

I wasnt really able to think or rationalise but I was able to do something which resembled it, like a phony version of each if you know what I mean, the reptilian brain had totally and utterly taken over.

Took me a minute to recover normal functioning when the threat was gone, I kind of think I feel a little strang still, some things seem much more clear or look different to the eye, more definition? Like a better lens. Feel a little exhilerated, which isnt going away.

Phantonym

Panic attack.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Panic attack.
    Yeah, something like that.

Is that really what its like not to be NTJ?

I'm like blessed and stuff.

Panic attacks have nothing to do with type. Any human being could have one- which is exactly what you experienced.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You ever experienced this and how does it go or loook like? I think I experienced it today, similar to psychological flooding, physically my heart rate went through the roof, my breathing was difficult to control/hyperventilating, once I got my breath under control I didnt get my heart under control, everything took on a dream like character and I've got to say that my F went into hyper drive and possibly even started to experience a S function asserting itself.

I wasnt really able to think or rationalise but I was able to do something which resembled it, like a phony version of each if you know what I mean, the reptilian brain had totally and utterly taken over.

Took me a minute to recover normal functioning when the threat was gone, I kind of think I feel a little strang still, some things seem much more clear or look different to the eye, more definition? Like a better lens. Feel a little exhilerated, which isnt going away.
    Having had panic attacks, I have to say I don't relate to the above, but then, they can take on a very different character for different people. Did you feel like you were in danger or a sense of doom? Or just a variety of weird physical symptoms due to emotional upset? NTs can still experience severe emotional shock and it doesn't have to be a panic attack.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    Having had panic attacks, I have to say I don't relate to the above, but then, they can take on a very different character for different people. Did you feel like you were in danger or a sense of doom? Or just a variety of weird physical symptoms due to emotional upset? NTs can still experience severe emotional shock and it doesn't have to be a panic attack.
    Yeah, I agree.

I have a fear of heights and I was out rock climbing in a gorge. I hadnt thought it through to begin with.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yup, sounds like a panic attack. Fun times.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

A panic attack is a panic attack. This is not "what it feels like to not be NTJ." No one of any type could function in that mode.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I've had a panic attack and I've had what you are talking about.
    I wouldn't necessarily call them the same, as there were distinct differences.

NPcomplete

Yes, it does seem similar to a panic attack.

Back when I was terrified of escalators, something similar happened to me. I began hyperventilating, sweated like I was in a furnace and cried. My legs desperately wanted me to get off the thing (because of an incident when I was much younger) but it was the only way to go up so I had to do it. Those are the most terrifying fifteen seconds I've ever had.