123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default What do ENTPs think of INTPs

What do you guys think, I think I've only known one ENTP, he was my best friend in high school but I haven't seen him in over 5 years, are we just more subdued versions of ENTPs?
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

IRL, I wish they'd say what they were thinking more often.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    I struggle with this. Presumably, because Ti is an introverted function. It's not exactly "expressive". Also, I'm not sure people want to hear what I'm thinking a lot of the time. If my boss is pointing out a bunch of "little things" that I'm doing wrong, does he really want me to point out to him all the "big things" that I see him doing wrong?

Boss: You stacked those boxes wrong. You forgot to sign your name instead of print. You used a blue pen instead of a black pen.

INTP (thinking to self): You treat your employees bad, you couldn't manage your way out of a paper bag, you're rude to customers and most of them don't like you, if you treated your employees better they would work harder for you, you focus too much on small things and not enough on the big picture. While you're lecturing me about the color of pen I'm using you just lost a customer because they got tired of waiting at the counter for you, etc.

Sometimes, it's just better left unsaid.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP

As far as I can tell, this is one of the biggest differences. ENTPs often put out an idea before it's fully baked, just to play with it Ne-style before asking Ti to take a look at it. INTPs very often will not even really be able to express what we're thinking until we run it through Ti. Ti is how we make sense of things. If an ENTP asks me a direct question about how I feel about something, I sometimes feel like a deer in the headlights, because maybe I haven't thought about that thing before. If you talk to me about it for a while, ideas will start popping up, but I need some time and some context to feel comfortable talking about it. Especially because you guys are intense.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP

One of my best friends when I was little till highschool was INTP, or somewhere between I and E. I still consider him the smartest person I met, and probably one of the most misunderstood and troubled.

And it really hurt me that people didn't look inside of him, they'd think he's weird because of the way he looked. He also had tics, I guess anxiety related. He was very uncomfortable around strangers. But he has a brilliant mind. I hope he doesn't waste it.

I never had another close INTP friend. Although I wish I had. I can't bake ideas if I'm not stimulated by other people.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    are we just more subdued versions of ENTPs?
    There are some pretty big differences. Subdued wouldn't be the word I'd use though, definitely more internal, the not expressing thoughts is a big one.

Big time. I don't always know when and where I can probe but I know there's a hell of a lot of thinking going on underneath that I'm not going to hear about, INTPs have better clarity of thought in my eyes because of their dom Ti and vocalising what they're thinking would be a great assist to me as something to inspire ideas, but it just don't happen for the reasons Tallulah mentioned.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

yeah what others have said here seems to echo my experiences. I have an ENTP prof for some philosophy classes and he always told us that philosophy was a public endevor and task and that we MUST come forward with our thoughts on matters. Sometimes i felt as if he were speaking right to me because I would give one or two sentence inputs when I had a lot more i could say (in reality he was probably just trying to encourage class dialogue but still...)

The thing is though - how many of you ENTPs out there saying that crap actually DO appreciate it when we INTPs run our fuckin' mouths? it seems to me you guys regret it after the fact because you resent the input we've given. I've found NTJs MUCH more receptive AND appreciative to my input, generally speaking. ENTPs don't seem to wanna be bothered with our input, or any other input that runs against their train of thought..... So much so that I usually don't engage them whatsoever. /shrug

MBTI
    ----

i have a good friend who is intp and it makes me sad that he doesn't live a life that matches his potential. he's very introverted and paralysed by social anxiety. but he's brilliant and engaging when he's comfortable.

i like drawing things out of shy people though. i can enjoy that. it feels like you're privy to things that others aren't. i don't think it should just be the role of shy people to push themselves to do more work all the time - extroverted people need to work out how to communicate better with introverts too.

re nozflubber's post - i think immature entps tend to be bit brash with opinions that don't click with theirs, but as they mature they can appreciate different points of view and be more relaxed/nuanced (tallulah used the word intense - i was more intense when i was a baby strawberry).

as long as you're not a raving idiot you'll do okay with entps. i'm not good with fools, but i don't particularly want to be either.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't see that much difference between E and INTPs, probably because I've got quite some introverted characteristics myself. If in a test, "partying" is set against "reading", I get the I

For me, the main difference is explained best by the functions.
    The Es will are in a constant search of Ne triggers (that's why they need to get out) and will sift through all those ideas until something consistent gets out.
    The Is will try to make the jigsaw puzzle of their worldview first and when a piece is lacking, Ne will help to provide it.
    If worldviews are jigsaw puzzles, the Es have too much pieces and have to discard lots of them; the Is have too little pieces and create them to fit.

This is of course an extreme view. I've encountered more than one time that I needed more pieces in one area and couldn't choose between a plethora of them in another area.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

What Tewt said. I also sometimes wish that what they do say wasn't so convoluted -- not for my sake ( or other ENTPs'... we can understand their technobabble most of the time), but everyone else's. Take this post for example. I had to read it twice so I could translate for MDP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole