User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 106

  1. #91
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
    One of my best friends is an INTP. We can talk for hours upon hours about pretty much anything. We generally have the same perceptions about things except, I would say he is more content with remaining ignorant about things than putting in the time to figure them out.
    With more pronounced Ti than yourself??? Ti is all about "getting it right".

    The only time I don't care to "educate" myself is if I don't think it has a huge impact on the overall big picture.

    Like someone was arguing with me the other day about having allergies from being around animals. About 60 seconds into the argument, I was basically "over it". I don't want to spend time arguing about it, because I don't really care. It doesn't really affect my quality of life or anything (plus I was busy at the moment), so I'm not going to argue with you over it. And maybe that person thought I was "content to remain ignorant" about the subject.

    If it's an "important issue" that makes a difference in the day-to-day, then Ti isn't going to "remain ignorant". Ti is going to learn about it until it understands it fully. In fact, I would even argue that Ti will "over-educate" itself.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  2. #92
    Member Idontcare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    With more pronounced Ti than yourself??? Ti is all about "getting it right".

    The only time I don't care to "educate" myself is if I don't think it has a huge impact on the overall big picture.

    Like someone was arguing with me the other day about having allergies from being around animals. About 60 seconds into the argument, I was basically "over it". I don't want to spend time arguing about it, because I don't really care. It doesn't really affect my quality of life or anything (plus I was busy at the moment), so I'm not going to argue with you over it. And maybe that person thought I was "content to remain ignorant" about the subject.

    If it's an "important issue" that makes a difference in the day-to-day, then Ti isn't going to "remain ignorant". Ti is going to learn about it until it understands it fully. In fact, I would even argue that Ti will "over-educate" itself.
    Sorry I guess I didnt articulate that well. He and I will get into a debate about something, and if I win and convince him of my side, he will admit it but he will remain obstinate and stay the exact same way simply because he doesnt
    want to change even if he can see the error in his ways. This would probably make more sense if I told you what we argue about... we are usually debating about wastefulness or what is hurting our Earth or views on religion. He generally takes a very irrational approach on almost all of the issue. If he runs out of defense for his side of things he will begin to make up things just to try and prove me wrong, but anyway, I see your point and that's probably what's going on in his head.

  3. #93
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
    Sorry I guess I didnt articulate that well. He and I will get into a debate about something, and if I win and convince him of my side, he will admit it but he will remain obstinate and stay the exact same way simply because he doesnt
    want to change even if he can see the error in his ways. This would probably make more sense if I told you what we argue about... we are usually debating about wastefulness or what is hurting our Earth or views on religion. He generally takes a very irrational approach on almost all of the issue. If he runs out of defense for his side of things he will begin to make up things just to try and prove me wrong, but anyway, I see your point and that's probably what's going on in his head.
    There is also the possibility of a mistype. Regardless, people in general are prone to shifting their viewpoints to benefit their "victory" in arguments. Personally, I value truth [indirectly related to Dom Ti] but not all INTP's are honest---especially when they're very competitive.

    In addition, him not wanting to change even if he can see the error of his ways could be because he can see the positives of his ways. There is the possibility that he's waiting for further information before conclusion.

    Irrational is dependent on the issue. If he runs out of defense, then he has lost that specific argument. If he tries to disprove your argument, that is another argument. These two ifs are because I see your arguments as comparative instead of logical versus illogical. Can you write your discussion word by word?

  4. #94
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    not a total sadist, no.



    no, a brief review would not show that. if that's all you did then i wouldn't have said anything. what you did was take something someone else said and stated completely different "facts" by wrongly using their statement as a basis. something you constantly do. this is the post in which you did this very thing:



    one, you aren't an ENTP and therefore know exactly jackshit about what one needs or how each individual one would go about getting it. two, you took what he said, twisted it into an insult, and then stated your opinions as facts. normally, i can look over stupidity like this, but when it's repeated over and over in a thread to where the topic becomes less about the OP and more about the attention-whore, then i can't help but notice it.

    and, since i, contrary to what you implied with this post:



    don't do this, but instead, speak directly to the person, i spoke up. i find it interesting that you say the above AND the following and accuse me of possibly incriminating myself.




    when, in actuality, and as i've shown with this post, that's your MO.

    when tallulah posted a meaningful post about her experiences with ONE ENTP, you then twisted that too into it being her insulting all ENTPs. and, i say 'all' because this thread isn't about her one experience, it's about ENTPs:



    you then, upon "brief review", state this:



    when there was no lead up to it at all and no proof behind the statement. it's just a flat out, characteristic, unprovoked morgan insult. which, again, wouldn't bother me on its own, but the thread started to, again, turn into why everyone should look at morgan.

    i came out and asked you to come up with a new insult, and the one you came up with is, "i pwned you!".

    well, morgan, i don't feel pwned, so try again.
    Wow. I don’t know whether to be flattered that you’ve departed so far from the one-line backhander into the territory of tl;dr; or creeped out.
    I think I’ll settle on the latter.

    If I don’t know anything else to accuse you of in this past year, it’s because after the incident (that you say didn’t happen, then happened a long time ago, then didn’t happen ), I wrote you off, I think I even had you on ignore for quite a while. Sorry, I don’t pay as much attention to your posts as you do mine.

    You’re fully entitled to argue that my impressions of ENTPs are misguided (even though at least one has agreed with everything I’ve written), but instead you offer a further example of just how spot on they are. This amuses me.
    ....



    I was talking to a friend about ENTPs the other day, and we concluded that the insecurity comes from a very specific vulnerability that ENTPs have: the need to be liked/ admired/ respected by people, set against that generalised NT drive for self-sufficiency and disdain/ impatience/ competitiveness with others. It creates a tension and a very real problem for them. I see it over and over. I see it in this thread. I see it in sim’s banning, I see it in the way the ones I know personally have fucked up their relationships and I see further evidence in the ENTP relationship threads here. Honestly, I’m not seeing anything to persuade me otherwise. I’m sure there are ENTPs who have it all figured out – but they’re probably out being fabulous and not on here to argue their case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  5. #95
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Being that this is a "what do ENTP's think of INTP's" thread, I'm pretty sure they see a boatload of insecurities and shortcomings in us as well.

    It's not like INTP's = awesomeness and ENTP's = losers. Or, INTP = and ENTP =

    This thread is getting "catty". I've read through it a couple times and I haven't seen anyone "pwning" anyone else. Far from it. It's more like a bunch of "I'm going to get the last word" bickering.

    Good thing it's not like that with the ENTP's or INTP's I know in real life. If it was, I wouldn't remain friends with them. Overall, I think ENTP's make some of the best, most understanding friends for the very finnicky (is that a word?) nature of INTP's.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  6. #96
    Member Idontcare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    There is also the possibility of a mistype. Regardless, people in general are prone to shifting their viewpoints to benefit their "victory" in arguments. Personally, I value truth [indirectly related to Dom Ti] but not all INTP's are honest---especially when they're very competitive.

    In addition, him not wanting to change even if he can see the error of his ways could be because he can see the positives of his ways. There is the possibility that he's waiting for further information before conclusion.

    Irrational is dependent on the issue. If he runs out of defense, then he has lost that specific argument. If he tries to disprove your argument, that is another argument. These two ifs are because I see your arguments as comparative instead of logical versus illogical. Can you write your discussion word by word?
    I think you pretty much nailed it. I would write down the entire argument but im too lazy/I dont think i could remember the entire argument word for word. I dont think its a mistype, I just think he isnt your everyday intp. He isnt extremely introverted but he doesnt really like people either. I definitely wouldnt say he has any form of the man from mars effect. Not many people dislike him either which doesnt seem very intp-ish either.

  7. #97
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Being that this is a "what do ENTP's think of INTP's" thread, I'm pretty sure they see a boatload of insecurities and shortcomings in us as well.

    It's not like INTP's = awesomeness and ENTP's = losers. Or, INTP = and ENTP =
    I think you're being overly sensitive on behalf of ENTPs which is causing you to stray into logical fallacy. Of course, INTPs have their own insecurities, but because we care less/need less from the environment, we don't have the same tension between goals that I was trying to elucidate. That's not an insult, it's just an observation/theory which I find interesting, because on the surface they seem so full of self-confidence.

    digest's weak trolling of me in this thread and attempt to reframe everything I say as an attack is purely a reflection of her own transparent agenda. Don't fall for it.
    I actually came into this thread to defend ENTPs against some of noz's accusations.

    All this discussion demonstrates is that INTPs spend more time thinking about ENTPs than they do us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #98
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Working for intps in this thread starts feeling like this:

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXqEMuXGK08"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #99
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Being that this is a "what do ENTP's think of INTP's" thread, I'm pretty sure they see a boatload of insecurities and shortcomings in us as well.

    It's not like INTP's = awesomeness and ENTP's = losers. Or, INTP = and ENTP =

    This thread is getting "catty". I've read through it a couple times and I haven't seen anyone "pwning" anyone else. Far from it. It's more like a bunch of "I'm going to get the last word" bickering.

    Good thing it's not like that with the ENTP's or INTP's I know in real life. If it was, I wouldn't remain friends with them. Overall, I think ENTP's make some of the best, most understanding friends for the very finnicky (is that a word?) nature of INTP's.
    I had this image in the back of my head, in which one person always criticizes you for the things you do and puts you down to the greatest extent possible and later that day, the person criticizing ends up alone with himself. I dont know, but I personally think one needs to learn to criticize aswell, one just cant shoot his mind all the time. There can be always a lot of people, who give you nice responses to your shit but there is always the possibility that the majority just does it to keep you at bay.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #100
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    yeah what others have said here seems to echo my experiences. I have an ENTP prof for some philosophy classes and he always told us that philosophy was a public endevor and task and that we MUST come forward with our thoughts on matters. Sometimes i felt as if he were speaking right to me because I would give one or two sentence inputs when I had a lot more i could say (in reality he was probably just trying to encourage class dialogue but still...)


    The thing is though - how many of you ENTPs out there saying that crap actually DO appreciate it when we INTPs run our fuckin' mouths? it seems to me you guys regret it after the fact because you resent the input we've given. I've found NTJs MUCH more receptive AND appreciative to my input, generally speaking. ENTPs don't seem to wanna be bothered with our input, or any other input that runs against their train of thought..... So much so that I usually don't engage them whatsoever. /shrug

    Dude, so much anger.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTPs, what do you think of the other types?
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-25-2016, 08:23 AM
  2. [MBTItm] ESFJs, what do you think of INTPs?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 07:08 AM
  3. [INTP] what do you think of intp girls
    By Ulaes in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 203
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 06:00 AM
  4. [MBTItm] What do ENTPs think of ISTJs?
    By MBTI Enthusiast in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 09:40 AM
  5. [MBTItm] What do INFPs think of INTPs?
    By groovejet02 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 12:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO