User Tag List

First 1234 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

for me, when the time is really right to flirt.... there IS no challenge. It just flows as if I were an EXXP.

What I think is really difficult for the INTP is feigning the motivation to flirt to begin with. which, in my opinion, is about 99% of the time we're encouraged to flirt, that or like were merely find ourselves WISHING WE WANTED to flirt, when we truly don't feel like it. if the desire to be loose and free is not there, it's not going to be genuine, IE challenging/awkward.

I don't think you can "will down the walls" of resistance to flirting. Just wait til it feels right to do. you'll know when.

EDIT: oh, what's truly a challenge to us, regardless of our inner willingness to flirt, is detecting/knowing when the other person is TRYING to flirt. I don't think you can ever fix that kind of stupid we have Jennifer's good at it, but she's the exception rather than norm, imo

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    The sincerity and innocence. The hunger for improvement. It's very honest. I guess that's "cute".
    Pardon the digression from the OP, but this gave me an idea. This judgement of yours baffled me, and so I wondered. I thought Introverted Thinking, then Introverted Feeling, then Te, then Fe and then Ji. Je acts towards awareness of external system.

From experience, I have often labeled most IxFP's, otherwise known as Dom Fi, as very naive. The ineptitude of my friend, who was one, even made me laugh hysterically. But in another light of experience, I have often wondered why my fellow students, friends etc. have continuously laughed at me for making simple statements and/or applying an efficient course of action. There was one time wherein, while I was participating in class, my teacher asked me to louden my voice. What I did was louden it significantly that it sounded like screaming. And after short intervals of "screamtalk", everyone laughed and this made me very puzzled. I looked at the teacher while positioning my face to beg for clarity. He agreed with my method but I was still wondering what "funny thing" I had done. Of course, it's some sort of "language" I don't understand: a common social intuitive norm that perhaps I am theoretically weak in.

------

The only idea I can suggest for the OP is to do things as naturally as he/she can but with the addition that you only have to push your "defaultness" more. Also, what this person said.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    for me, when the time is really right to flirt.... there IS no challenge. It just flows as if I were an EXXP.

What I think is really difficult for the INTP is feigning the motivation to flirt to begin with. which, in my opinion, is about 99% of the time we're encouraged to flirt, that or like were merely find ourselves WISHING WE WANTED to flirt, when we truly don't feel like it. if the desire to be loose and free is not there, it's not going to be genuine, IE challenging/awkward.

I don't think you can "will down the walls" of resistance to flirting. Just wait til it feels right to do. you'll know when.

EDIT: oh, what's truly a challenge to us, regardless of our inner willingness to flirt, is detecting/knowing when the other person is TRYING to flirt. I don't think you can ever fix that kind of stupid we have Jennifer's good at it, but she's the exception rather than norm, imo

MBTI
    INTP

To address a previous poster, I don't care about neon signs either. I just heard it in a class at some point, and for some reason, I don't forget things. My friends always call me when they have some random question. I just automatically answer questions.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post

so true. When I want to flirt, I wil flip that switch in the back of my head on and go head first into the unknown...

but when i don't want to, I simply don't want to. and sometimes colorful wordplay can be confused with flirting. but it coes down to this:

"We can't fake the funk."

side note: I truly never know when someone is flirting with me. We are retards at this. We do respond well to honesty though.
    Last edited by quamdel; 08-29-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: had to make that shit better, fo real tho

MBTI
    INTP

Agreed, quamdel.

INTP style... Though the power of science...

Human pheromones

Takes a lot of experiementing... but it works for me

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Human pheromones
    Just got my first order shipped in today.

MBTI
    ESFP

Flirting is easy, you're probably just trying too hard. Relax and have fun and your natural style will emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Just got my first order shipped in today.
    Androtics?

One of the only decent stores

What did you order?

MBTI
    INTP

For some reason, I don't want to employ chemical assistants. I figure that if I have a deficiency that makes me unappealing, I'm better served in improving myself.