• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The NT Guide to Randomness

quamdel

MBTI Type
INTP
When I was younger in middle/high school, I would scan through the bible when I got bored to try and find a random verse to entertain me. (Religious texts themselves are serious, but back then I treated all written words as literature, to be read and misread in any way I wanted.)

Then in high school, I got a text. This is what it said:

A three-ring circus
Johnny Carson
56 hot dogs w/ no mustard

That was my formal intro to thinking about random things, ideas and what not.

Anybody else had fun experiences with randomness?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was a little fun, until I got to the text, and tried finding obscure connections within it, and then trying to figure out the relation of the second part to the first.

quamdel

MBTI Type
INTP
That was a little fun, until I got to the text, and tried finding obscure connections within it, and then trying to figure out the relation of the second part to the first.

You don't look for obscure connections: you turn the whole thing into an obscure conception.

When I read it, I pictured in my head what it would look like for Johnny Carson to take center stage at a three-ring circus, and take on the hot dog eating champion of the world, one on one!

... well I laughed haha. To each, his own.

how do you enjoy randomness, Antimony?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't look for obscure connections: you turn the whole thing into an obscure conception.

My Ne decided to take some crack today, so it went extra crazy.

When I read it, I pictured in my head what it would look like for Johnny Carson to take center stage at a three-ring circus, and take on the hot dog eating champion of the world, one on one!

HAHAHA WOW

That makes a lot more sense than what was going through my head.

... well I laughed haha. To each, his own.

how do you enjoy randomness, Antimony?

Don't worry, I did too :D

How do I enjoy it? Clarify.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I pictured Johnny Carson in the audience at a 3-ring circus. When the vendor walks by, Johnny says, "Yeah, can I have 56 hot dogs? Oh, and hold the mustard!" And then he sits there like a kid in a candy store watching the circus and chowing down on 56 hot dogs.

I think Ne tends to enjoy these kinds of things. Ne is somewhat random by nature and it likes to find ways of connecting things together or finding a way for things to be related somehow.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
THE LARCH!!

4931695447_5c45d530c6.jpg

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I pictured Johnny Carson living at the three-ring circus down the 56 hot dogs w/ no mustard street.

wtf

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I pictured Johnny Carson living at the three-ring circus down the 56 hot dogs w/ no mustard street.

wtf

LOL. I've driven down that street before. All kinds of stuff going on around there.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Every second of my life is random. I'll explain.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
yeah, I've got experience with the Jesus Christ of Randomness. It's called Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Try it.

T

ThatGirl

When I was younger in middle/high school, I would scan through the bible when I got bored to try and find a random verse to entertain me. (Religious texts themselves are serious, but back then I treated all written words as literature, to be read and misread in any way I wanted.)

I called this my magic 8 ball bible.

And *shake* what is the meaning of life?

*looks*

quamdel

MBTI Type
INTP
Don't worry, I did too :D

How do I enjoy it? Clarify.

:doh:...hmmm. Let me phrase it better:
:D

How do you use your ability to make hidden connections to entertain yourself, if at all? (A strength of Extraverted Intuition if I'm not mistaken)

Or do you not enjoy abtracting with your entertainment at all?:shrug:

haha, wikipedia brought up a good point, that randomness is an objective fact that doesn't exist. What appears random to one person may not be randon to another...

got another one:

a group of senior citizens driving gas-powered scoot-arounds (you know what I mean... they sell the electrics at "the scooter store"),
a six-lane street intersection,
and a weather* related power outage

putting ranch on pizza is still random to me, but my roommates love it.:huh:

oh, and if you have ever watched MacGuyver... come on now. He can make a bomb out of a paper clip, an onion, a lemon-lime Jolt and a bomb.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have no idea how my random connections come to me. It is becoming a little clearer, though. I think I just created a string of related things that are seemingly unrelated.

Never seen MacGuyver. But the show sounds totally awesome.