User Tag List

View Poll Results: INTJs are...

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome!

50 63.29%
  • okay I guess... whats so special about them?

29 36.71%
First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    And then they wonder why INFPs might not think they're the greatest things to ever grace our presence.
    Who's the ones wondering?

Oh? It came from INTPcentral. Interesting.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Some I want to push in front of a bus, take a picture of them bleeding in the street, then pretend to call 911 and walk away
    Wow, this tops "douse them in gasoline, set them on fire, and push them down the stairs."

And the fact that you even think that way makes me guess that you have more in common with INTJs than you claim.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post

Hah, I'd say it's neat and somewhat a valid reflection of reality.

Some I want to push in front of a bus, take a picture of them bleeding in the street, then pretend to call 911 and walk away
    It warms my heart to know we have a true humanitarian in the forum.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Wow, this tops "douse them in gasoline, set them on fire, and push them down the stairs."

And the fact that you even think that way makes me guess that you have more in common with INTJs than you claim.
    I wouldn't say it's INTJs I have things in common with.

It's xNTJs in general that I'm becoming more and more like whenever I get pissy. Thanks to my writing teacher (an ENTJ), who has a sailor's mouth and a sadist's smile. I've definitely developed my Ni since I started getting close to her and letting her help me grow as a writer.

That doesn't mean that my Fi enjoys taking punches any more than it did before I met her. It just means that she knows I'm sensitive and that I know she'll respect the boundary between unnecessarily critical and overly supportive. I know she'll kick my ass when I need it (and I trust her knowledge when it comes to that), but I know she'll help pick me up and dust me off when she's through and make sure I use her comments constructively.

Other xNTJs, though, I don't have that trust with. They have to develop it like she did, and my biggest issue of all with them is that most of them (even the healthy ones that I like) don't seem to be able to recognize that boundary between being themselves and being too harsh with me. They think they're being funny and clever when they're actually pushing me to the verge of tears :blushing:
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I wouldn't say it's INTJs I have things in common with.

It's xNTJs in general that I'm becoming more and more like whenever I get pissy. Thanks to my writing teacher (an ENTJ), who has a sailor's mouth and a sadist's smile. I've definitely developed my Ni since I started getting close to her and letting her help me grow as a writer.

That doesn't mean that my Fi enjoys taking punches any more than it did before I met her. It just means that she knows I'm sensitive and that I know she'll respect the boundary between unnecessarily critical and overly supportive. I know she'll kick my ass when I need it (and I trust her knowledge when it comes to that), but I know she'll help pick me up and dust me off when she's through and make sure I use her comments constructively.

Other xNTJs, though, I don't have that trust with. They have to develop it like she did, and my biggest issue of all with them is that most of them (even the healthy ones that I like) don't seem to be able to recognize that boundary between being themselves and being too harsh with me. They think they're being funny and clever when they're actually pushing me to the verge of tears :blushing:

Interesting. I usually perceive them as being funny or clever, often helpful, even when they're being an ass I can often overlook it (unless I'm foolish enough to want something from them that they aren't willing to give). I think NTJs in general respect my sensitivity boundaries better than ENTPs for sure.

As much as I generally get along with ENTx girls, I know an ENTJ female who I have a love/hate relationship with...she's the only NTJ I know that actually makes me upset, but even the way she makes me upset is ANGRY. Like I feel her bulldozing me, and want to turn around and bulldoze her back. It's more of a battle for dominance rather than her making me cry...that doesn't happen.

I suppose this might be the difference between an ENFP who is conscious of using Te, and an INFP who may still be developing, or even still reject, Te.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Interesting. I usually perceive them as being funny or clever, often helpful, even when they're being an ass I can often overlook it (unless I'm foolish enough to want something from them that they aren't willing to give). I think NTJs in general respect my sensitivity boundaries better than ENTPs for sure.

As much as I generally get along with ENTx girls, I know an ENTJ female who I have a love/hate relationship with...she's the only NTJ I know that actually makes me upset, but even the way she makes me upset is ANGRY. Like I feel her bulldozing me, and want to turn around and bulldoze her back. It's more of a battle for dominance rather than her making me cry...that doesn't happen.

I suppose this might be the difference between an ENFP who is conscious of using Te, and an INFP who may still be developing, or even still reject, Te.
    Te is definitely my weakness. I try, I really do! lol...

It just doesn't work so well :blushing:

Me trying to use Te is like a tone-deaf person trying to sing

Intuition is really where I find common ground with NTs. I guess it's why I can usually get comfortable around most xNTPs pretty easily, since our Ne lines up well.

INTJs though I have seriously trouble with since their Te kicks in from my heavy use of Fi and Ne almost instantly, and there's no way I can get past it. It's not that I mean to not like them. They just make me feel like shit
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Te is definitely my weakness. I try, I really do! lol...

It just doesn't work so well :blushing:

Me trying to use Te is like a tone-deaf person trying to sing

Intuition is really where I find common ground with NTs. I guess it's why I can usually get comfortable around most xNTPs pretty easily, since our Ne lines up well.

INTJs though I have seriously trouble with since their Te kicks in from my heavy use of Fi and Ne almost instantly, and there's no way I can get past it. It's not that I mean to not like them. They just make me feel like shit

Immature ENTPs and xSTPs make me feel worse, because they'll openly sit there and mock me for being sensitive. I'd rather be told what to do all day long, or spoke to in terse words (I kind of have a mean mouth myself, soooo....) than to be surrounded by an underdeveloped tert/inf Fe fest of "let's make fun of the NFP and annoy her in any way possible."

I don't know what it is, but if I'm in the wrong mood, certain TPs can push me over the edge into being completely irrational and feeling insecure.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Do you tell them when they cross this boundary? How else are we supposed to know what is "too harsh"? I find it hard to be anything other than myself, so I suspect I am often guilty of this, but I am never told so directly, so can't be sure.

But there are definitely some that do those things, and there are enough of them that I'm always on edge around a new INTJ until I see what kind of person they'll be
    I'm usually on edge around a new person until I see what kind of person they will be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Immature ENTPs and xSTPs make me feel worse, because they'll openly sit there and mock me for being sensitive. I'd rather be told what to do all day long, or spoke to in terse words (I kind of have a mean mouth myself, soooo....) than to be surrounded by an underdeveloped tert/inf Fe fest of "let's make fun of the NFP and annoy her in any way possible."

I don't know what it is, but if I'm in the wrong mood, certain TPs can push me over the edge into being completely irrational and feeling insecure.
    That's how xNTJs make me feel

I don't know enough people that have been typed xSTP to be able to say much about them. I know that the one ISTP I had interaction with on some forums, I thought he was cool. He was just joking enough about my sensitivity that it wasn't insulting, but had me laughing about it

He was a pretty healthy one though. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Do you tell them when they cross this boundary? How else are we supposed to know what is "too harsh"? I find it hard to be anything other than myself, so I suspect I am often guilty of this, but I am never told so directly, so can't be sure.
    Rarely, if ever.

Usually by the time I'm to the point that something should be said, I'm hiding in my hole with a blanket over my head.

I'm usually on edge around a new person until I see what kind of person they will be.
    Well, I mean beyond that. Of course there's the initial keeping looking at the ground and being terrified to open my mouth. But usually it's not a hyper-consciousness of them as a person, and it's just me being shy.

With INTJs, it's a hyper-consciousness. I'm on edge about every little movement they make until I know for sure whether or not I can relax around them or need to keep my guard up.

It's not that ya'll are bad people. Don't think that

It's just that some INTJs are bad enough that I have to suspect every INTJ until proven otherwise. And they blend in incredibly well. It's not even a healthy/unhealthy thing. I've met perfectly healthy INTJs that were the worst of all. I guess it's how many Feeler types the individual grew up around, or something like that.

But don't think it feels good having to judge an entire type just because a few are insensitive... I've met a bunch of INTJs that I consider very close friends. They just had to be patient enough to let it grow naturally
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good