User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    EDIT: When you say "we never talked" - Just how sure are you about that? Just because you don't remember having serious heartfelt talks doesn't mean you didn't have one, in their eyes.
    We never said anything more in-depth to each other than asking to borrow a pencil, and being in the same class in 5th grade.

However she is very kind and friendly, it's like standing in front of an angel. I guess she is just a very giving and friendly person.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by deep rain View Post
    We never said anything more in-depth to each other than asking to borrow a pencil, and being in the same class in 5th grade.

However she is very kind and friendly, it's like standing in front of an angel. I guess she is just a very giving and friendly person.
    if you feel that way initiate a conversation with a topic she might like.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

INTPs here.. secretly keep similar feelings?
    Why would you ask if you're going to roll your eyes? Seems rather rude.
    She doesn't sound much like an INTP to me. Maybe INFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i dunno about others, but i can kinda sense how some people(especially some enfps) connect by observing them and without actually connecting to them much myself. its like seeing what kind of plug they use to connect to others and i know i got the kind of that fits in it, or kinda like hijacking their wlan connection. i got a problem(or had, or trying to get over this and not sure if i have got over it completely) of letting them plug into me so that they could get something out of me, but i still get very much out of them. this can lead into huge imbalance between me and the other person when the other thinks that i dont know anything about him/her because we didnt really connect, but in reality(?) the connection only worked in one way and they didnt even notice it.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP

You did something. You were remarkable in her eyes. Something sparked the attachment. She remembers it. She interprets it. You don't. Ask her what it is.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I can't really determine what type she is from the description. An INTP read might be kinda premature. I think all introverted types have the capacity to be this way, depending on their life experience and upbringing.

I'll say that my INTP son does have that persona -- he can be scathing in his analysis of people and situations in terms of "what's stupid" and he won't pull any punches, but he only shows that with people he really trusts and he knows can handle it. He prefers to keep the low-key, non-personal-conflict thing in place and seems to have underlying affection for people in his life that he didn't used to typically express until it looked like things were changing (i.e., the friend was moving away, etc.) That's probably the "simplistic Si affection" that some INTPs have been recognized as having... broad warm feeling without nuance. But not all INTPs respond that way, only a subset.

Other introverted types will not share specific personal feelings either until the situation seems appropriate to do so, and it might not be driven by internal emotion but by a desire to do and say the appropriate thing. E.g., if you are friends, therefore you care about people and pray for them when they're in a trying time; it's the "right thing to say" and the behavior is part of being a good and caring person to them. And they might not realize they care until they hear you're having issues and then they'll experience feelings about it. I know a number of I's from my prior church environment that would behave this way, and otherwise you might not have ever thought they really cared because they wouldn't really reach out otherwise.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Worst INTP ever.

To be useful, I have to say I can't relate to behavior described by the OP.

MBTI
    intp

I don't get INTP from this. At all.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm going to agree with the posters who have put out the conjecture that she might be INFP rather than INTP. It sounds to me like her hidden Fi is coming out to the fore. I don't think I've ever done something like that, although I do find myself feeling very affectionate for people at random times for no reason, I generally do not express those feelings.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I'm going to agree with the posters who have put out the conjecture that she might be INFP rather than INTP. It sounds to me like her hidden Fi is coming out to the fore. I don't think I've ever done something like that, although I do find myself feeling very affectionate for people at random times for no reason, I generally do not express those feelings.
    Yep, exactly this. That would, in fact, be the most awkward thing in the world for an INTP to do. Especially a young INTP.
    Something Witty