User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Facial expressions are a work out for me.

That's why I keep at a straight face, and throw in a few laughs or smiles in there too once in a while.

Think Judge Nepolitano from freedom watch on fox business

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

In terms of facial expressions, the NTs I know pretty much do exactly what I do - they emote appropriately around new people and/or people they really want to impress, but are much more stoic around friends and family. Surprisingly, the NT I've met who's best at this is my INTP dad. He is one of the most gifted schmoozers I've ever met.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Surprisingly, the NT I've met who's best at this is my INTP dad. He is one of the most gifted schmoozers I've ever met.
    That's Fe for you. It's very good at knowing what others need to hear at any given time.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm not an NT (or maybe I am) and I kind of relate a little bit sometimes. I try not to fake anything, but people have called me unflinching at times. I just can't fake genuine enthusiasm, and since it's a rare event in social interaction unless I'm with close friends, people tend to get intimidated or weary of me sometimes.

Banned

Exactly, I guess it all comes down to the basics. Who would you rather talk to; A person who communicates with a monotone voice and displays zero enthusiasm or someone who shows an obvious interest in the topic of discussion. Perhaps this is an old fear of rejection still lingering in my spine.

I'm not sure why I'm like this, either it's because of my extremely high NT values or the fact that I'm a nutcase (The two probably correlate somehow). The scales are even at this point, so I guess I'll be playing the waiting game for now.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Socionics
    o.O

haha yea i have to fake facial expressions ALL the time but i suck at trying to fake my voice. Like i can't sound happy or sad even if i tried, yet somehow im good at lying....??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shiet_Happens View Post
    haha yea i have to fake facial expressions ALL the time but i suck at trying to fake my voice. Like i can't sound happy or sad even if i tried, yet somehow im good at lying....??
    Faking a genuine physical expression is hard, keeping them back is easy. I learned that early on.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Socionics
    o.O

yea it usually depends on the people and my mood, but i mean, you either smile or laugh in conversations and i just use muscle memory for that lol ^.^

figsfiggyfigs

40% /
    30%
    20% :workout:
    5%
    5%

^ My basic expressions... seriously. I'm either Happy, or pissed. It's usually almost always Happy, or on the path of of comfortable peace.

I do relate to what you are saying though.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I am fully capable of smiles and laughter, though it's sometimes out of place (I think I might be an Aspie or close to) but it really depends. And not just on my mood. Sometimes I'll be happy with a blank face. Sometimes I'll be sad but wearinga happy face. Sometimes I have a straight face when I'm depressed or upset and sometimes, when I look happy, I am very happy. I never pout, frown or make any decidedly unhappy expressions.