User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    It's not a group hug kind of spiritual guidebook or nothing (yet) but from hindsight I think it's what helped me.
    I'm really not thinking group hugs, kumbaya and puppies are going to be a major feature of any INTP's life, no matter how emotionally well-adjusted.
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Priam View Post
    I'm really not thinking group hugs, kumbaya and puppies are going to be a major feature of any INTP's life, no matter how emotionally well-adjusted.
    No puppies?

MEANIE!!!

Actually...I think I'm living proof against that point. Thinking about it I actually got dragged out to a club whilst depressed and almost ended up in a group hug (I'm evasive ). Just goes to prove my father right. I am a contradictory sod
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    No puppies?

MEANIE!!!

Actually...I think I'm living proof against that point. Thinking about it I actually got dragged out to a club whilst depressed and almost ended up in a group hug (I'm evasive ). Just goes to prove my father right. I am a contradictory sod
    It's peer pressure, man! You did the right thing to evade them group hugs, because they're just another way to stamp you into conformity with those damn Oprah-watching hippies!
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Actually, I love puppies -- in the sense that Jack Black loved little dogs in the movie "Ron Burgundy."

For the first few seconds, they fly very nicely.

Seriously, though, jah... we're never gonna be ExFx's. I can appreciate it in others, but even in my best moods, I only rarely can deal with prolonged overt emoting. usually I will sit nearby and support from there.

...because they're just another way to stamp you into conformity with those damn Oprah-watching hippies!
    You dare to bring the O-word into this thread??? Blasphemer.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

It's peer pressure, man! You did the right thing to evade them group hugs, because they're just another way to stamp you into conformity with those damn Oprah-watching hippies!
    Oprah? No Oprah please we're British!!

(Well actually there's no escape but I can deny reality if I want. I'm a 9 god damn it!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Seriously, though, jah... we're never gonna be ExFx's. I can appreciate it in others, but even in my best moods, I only rarely can deal with prolonged overt emoting. usually I will sit nearby and support from there.
    Well actually we are, aren't we. ESFJing it all the time. Right under their noses and they can't see it.

As for the "prolonged overt emoting", I get that with the whole gushing. If I regard it as excess emotion then yes it's a pain in the butt cheeks but other than that I'm usually fine. Possibly down to living with two Fs whilst I grew up. The other T kept escaping. Swine :steam:
    I mentioned it too now.

Oooo he started it. I am simply a victim
    Oh yeah no emoting....

Actually, I love puppies --
    Oh is THAT why they say that any more than a handful is a waste!

Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

MBTI
    INTP

Actually, I love puppies -- in the sense that Jack Black loved little dogs in the movie "Ron Burgundy."

I have but one thing to show: BEHOLD THE NOBLE BEAGLE IN FLIGHT!

Exactly. I'm all for saying "Yay, team!" and then moving right along.

Sometimes strong measures are necessary and Xander was walking down a dangerous path! We must always be vigilant about the traps set by She Who Must Not Be Watched! If left to himself, he could be out right now buying books with titles like "HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF THROUGH MINDLESS DRIVEL"...

The first thing to do, Xander, is admit you have a problem.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Nothing has ever made me question my type more than this topic.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Nothing has ever made me question my type more than this topic.
    I am intrigued. Please elaborate.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I am intrigued. Please elaborate.
    This topic is making me feel like an INFP.

I just don't feel the way you seem to feel.
    I am in touch with my emotions, I know what they are, I am not afraid of them or resentful of them, they are solid and consistent, and I don't have a problem showing them to people who are good in my book.
    I'm interested in other peoples' feelings, and I empathize with them.
    I understand the importance of trying to get a point across without causing offense.
    Criticism hurts me, though I think it is necessary, and I do my best to tolerate it.
    All kinds of stuff like that. It seems that so much of what people(including other INTPs) say about INTP feelings is different from mine.

I still think I'm an INTP because I have never, ever gotten INFP as a test result, and ultimately find the INTP descriptions closer to me than the rest, but I'm feeling like sort of a third path.

I may call myself INIP or INBP in accordance with Enneagram theory.
    Go to sleep, iguana.