User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 122

  1. #21
    Senior Member htb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The main thing is to have the coffee.
    When you asked the first time, did you hold out your cupped hands?

  2. #22
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    When you asked the first time, did you hold out your cupped hands?
    I forgot.

  3. #23
    Senior Member htb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I forgot.
    To cup your hands, or altogether?

  4. #24
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I went to the cafe.

    I said coffee.
    I did not have the coffee.

    I said what is it now.
    She said you don't say coffee in this establishment. You say coffee please.

    Ok.

    I said coffee please.
    If she says I have to crawl on the floor, I crawl on the floor.
    Big deal.
    The main thing is to have the coffee.
    Why crawl on the floor? When the system requires you to crawl on the floor you have two options, to crawl or to move to a different system. Previously you chose the latter, why the change of behaviour? Surely the coffee cannot be that good, though on occasion I must admit I've crawled for similar but that's only when I really want the coffee and I really cannot be bothered to move to another system.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  5. #25
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Why crawl on the floor? When the system requires you to crawl on the floor you have two options, to crawl or to move to a different system. Previously you chose the latter, why the change of behaviour? Surely the coffee cannot be that good, though on occasion I must admit I've crawled for similar but that's only when I really want the coffee and I really cannot be bothered to move to another system.
    This shows two different INTP perspectives. One of them has little self-respect and will do what's asked of them to maintain stability and get what they want for the moment, and another seems more careful about what they'll tolerate from others and what they won't.

    It seems like the emotions don't work the same way between INTP's... but it does seem like some of them have stronger "F" than others, perhaps for reasons independent of their type. The development of inferior/tertiary seems to be the most inconsistent trait between members of the same type.

  6. #26
    Junior Member Garivande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I went to the cafe.

    I said coffee.
    I did not have the coffee.

    I said what is it now.
    She said you don't say coffee in this establishment. You say coffee please.

    Ok.

    I said coffee please.
    If she says I have to crawl on the floor, I crawl on the floor.
    Big deal.
    The main thing is to have the coffee.
    My version would be:

    I went to the cafe.
    I said coffee.
    I did not have coffee.
    Cafe malfunctions. Try other cafe.

    When I was a student my classmates etc built this image about me being cold and void of emotions, when I discovered this I couldn't understand why. I thought of myself as being very emotional...! But they were actually convinced they could say cruel things to me (and they did), things that if I had said it back would have made them cry or throw things at me or never speak to me again, and assumed that I would not feel hurt or angry, because "I had no feelings"...!
    I spent a lot of time wondering what in my appearance and behaviour had made them think this?
    Sure, when they told me things that hurt me - I never showed it (wouldn't give them the satisfaction of knowing how well they hit the target, would I?). So I assumed that in some way they were right. I had no visible emotions.

  7. #27
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    This shows two different INTP perspectives. One of them have little self-respect and will do what's asked of them to maintain stability and get what they want for the moment, and another seem more exacting about what they'll take and what they won't.

    It seems like the emotions don't work the same way between INTP's... but it does seem like perhaps some of them have stronger "F" than others, perhaps for reasons independent of their type. The development of inferior/tertiary seems to be the most inconsistent trait between the members of same type.
    That's why I started to look into the enneagram in context of my MBTI type. The whole 9 thing nailed it for me as to why I'm different to other INTPs. In combination with 6 influences and a social subtype the clarity of picture I got was bang on.

    I think that was one of the few times I got the "am I looking into a mirror or what" when I chatted to Crazy from INTPc. Two INTP 9s! It was interestingly freaky.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  8. #28
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garivande View Post
    When I was a student my classmates etc built this image about me being cold and void of emotions, when I discovered this I couldn't understand why. I thought of myself as being very emotional...! But they were actually convinced they could say cruel things to me (and they did), things that if I had said it back would have made them cry or throw things at me or never speak to me again, and assumed that I would not feel hurt or angry, because "I had no feelings"...!
    I spent a lot of time wondering what in my appearance and behaviour had made them think this?
    Sure, when they told me things that hurt me - I never showed it (wouldn't give them the satisfaction of knowing how well they hit the target, would I?). So I assumed that in some way they were right. I had no visible emotions.
    Ooo me too. You know what I figured out? Hurting other people is part of having feelings. Seems odd but it was an extrapolation from "You can't please all of the people all of the time".
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  9. #29
    Senior Member miked277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    It seems like the emotions don't work the same way between INTP's... but it does seem like some of them have stronger "F" than others, perhaps for reasons independent of their type. The development of inferior/tertiary seems to be the most inconsistent trait between members of the same type.
    i think that the "flavor" of an intp is based on their upbringing/parents/environment. so, those raised in a strong Fe environment might have developed a stronger Fe earlier than most intps. or, if an intp is raised in an environment that promotes the Ti, Ne at the expense of Si or Fe then you might get the "extreme" intp.

    of course, specific to the posters here, age comes into play on how developed certain personality aspects are.

    anyways, yeah.

  10. #30
    Junior Member Garivande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Hurting other people is part of having feelings.
    I'm not sure I understand that. I thought I was being sensitive when I tried not to hurt others, while my "emotional" friends could - ever so deliberately - set out to hurt someone else...!?
    Sure, I might hurt someone without knowing/noticing it, but I would never do it on purpose!

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTPs and Feelings
    By ExAstrisSpes in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 06:33 PM
  2. [INTP] INTPs and feeling uncomfortable
    By goodgrief in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 07:39 AM
  3. [INTP] Anxiety and the INTP
    By Verfremdungseffekt in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 10:40 PM
  4. [INTP] INTPs and feelings.
    By jixmixfix in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 11:14 PM
  5. [INTP] Jules and Kamala - The INTP version of 'love' (hehehe)
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 12:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO