User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Te usually turns me into a self righteous, know it all prig whenever I let it get any kind of a lead on me. I try very hard to recognize when this happening.
    That's "stressed-Te." I still get fits of "stressed-Te" (along with "stressed-Si") when I get into conflict with someone.

But I also have access to the healthy, productive, unstressed version of my Inferior ("unstressed-Te") and even somewhat to the unstressed version of my Tertiary ("unstressed-Si").

I've been working on it.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Aficionados of music include the tone-deaf.

Hexchild, from INTPc, matched these three in the autobiographical information he provided. At one point he noted that he understood relationships as static, as if they were code or statute; and that a change couldn't be perceived, or even conjectured, but only announced by the other. One of my three, an INTP to whom I was once quite close, disclosed the same mechanical process.

structuralism

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post

Since INTPs like to test each other a bit (Ti analysis & Ne playfulness), there's a lot of low-level conflict occurring over at INTP-C, which in turn generates a constant "odor" of "stressed-Fe" there. Hence I sometimes describe INTP-C as having a caustic atmosphere.

But I wouldn't describe INTP-C as emotion-free. Quite the opposite. All that caustic stressed-Fe (as well as a lesser amount of relaxed unstressed-Fe) over there at INTP-C makes me register INTP board members as rather histrionic and emotional.
    I find INTP-C as a cold cold caustic place that gives me chills down my spine whenever I visit it! It physically makes me a bit sick (maybe fear, angst, etc, not sure) But its toxic there!
    Im glad the INTPs here are kind and normal

MBTI
    INTP

I really don't agree with the whole "INTP's are socially awkward" type deal. Although I haven't really met any others in real life that I know of so it may just be myself. I hate, I mean I really cant stand small talk. If I am out having a smoke, and you come up and say.. "man how bout this cold eh!?", I probably wouldn't say anything. Not because I'm scared or awkward.. but because I couldn't care less about the topic. But if you were to come up and talk about one these subjects... man I would never stfu

Anything about the Universe or how it works
    UFO (are they real?)
    Video game or computer related news
    MMO's
    Information Technology work related rantings
    Race related discussions
    Travel
    past social movements
    Asian women

J/king on that last one! kind of

Pretty much anything else I can find interesting that I can't really think of at 6:40am
    I = 89% N = 79% T = 84% p = 74%

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Judous View Post
    Asian women

Im all ears.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Im all ears.
    After being expirienced with one I would definatley have to say there is some more attraction toward them.

I don't want to go into more details than that :P
    I = 89% N = 79% T = 84% p = 74%

MBTI
    ENFP

After being expirienced with one I would definatley have to say there is some more attraction toward them.

I don't want to go into more details than that :P
    OK...fair enough Good luck in future.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've noticed a number of INTPs with clarity of insight into the internal system of how people's minds work. One difference I have noticed is that there is more tendency to explore those systems as an external observer, whereas a "Feeling" type has more leaning to experience it alongside. There is more natural inclination in the non-T type to attempt to view it from inside through a direct connection. Those are just observations of mine and not something I can necessarily prove. There is also a distinction between understanding a system by defining and measuring it and just getting a nebulous feel for it that resists definition and measurement.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I find INTP-C as a cold cold caustic place that gives me chills down my spine whenever I visit it! It physically makes me a bit sick (maybe fear, angst, etc, not sure) But its toxic there!
    Im glad the INTPs here are kind and normal
    I had a bad experience there... first place I joined... but it was only one member... other members came to my aid when it happened. Unfortunately, it was on my Welcome thread and totally unexpected. The first experience I've ever had like it actually... shock! I'm still a member there though and, thus far, have found that bad experiences depend on what thread you enter. The are "mature" people there who do have manners and intelligence.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I really don't agree with the whole "INTP's are socially awkward" type deal. Although I haven't really met any others in real life that I know of so it may just be myself. I hate, I mean I really cant stand small talk. If I am out having a smoke, and you come up and say.. "man how bout this cold eh!?", I probably wouldn't say anything. Not because I'm scared or awkward.. but because I couldn't care less about the topic. But if you were to come up and talk about one these subjects... man I would never stfu

Anything about the Universe or how it works
    UFO (are they real?)
    Video game or computer related news
    MMO's
    Information Technology work related rantings
    Race related discussions
    Travel
    past social movements
    Asian women

Pretty much anything else I can find interesting that I can't really think of at 6:40am
    I hear ya but you must realize that the weather question is a way of "breaking the ice" and quite literally in your case. (said respectfully) Opening any conversation you pointed to would appear, to the average person, as coming from an extremely strange and, possibly, dangerous person since they are not following accepted etiquette.

Note: from an INTP who has learned that people are people not sources of entertainment though that may come when "trust" is developed.