User Tag List

First 234

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I read somewhere that SJ's are among the most to populate a church. If this fact were true, what do you suppose there reasoning is for attending? Religion isn't the best way to describe S v N because it disturbs the fact that S's have no fact that a God exists, and yet they blindly believe (a.k.a. faith) that there is one. This I'm sure only corresponds with extreme S's though, perhaps the balance between the two aspects allows this to occur?

I guess they perceive what they see in religion as a fact and then accept it... hmmm, I find that an interesting take on perceiving, or perhaps a good example in how objects can be 'manipulated' in order to fit the perception instead of the other way around.
    I can't really comment on the thinking pattern of religious people honestly, so I won't. I don't think SJ or S is tied to religion intrinsically, I was just making a snarky counterpoint. I think SJ tends to value things like tradition and community and in the states, these things are very closely linked to religion so SJs tend to get more involved with church activities and get in the habit of going to church every week. Not to mention SJ might be more uncomfortable going against the values they were raised with and again, that's typically religious in the states. I would bet a good portion of the people who go to church weekly go more for the community than the religion. And by no means are all SJs religious, particularly the younger ones.

Hard to say what will happen when non-religion becomes the norm, but I'm excited to see it.
    -end of thread-

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I can't really comment on the thinking pattern of religious people honestly, so I won't. I don't think SJ or S is tied to religion intrinsically, I was just making a snarky counterpoint. I think SJ tends to value things like tradition and community and in the states, these things are very closely linked to religion so SJs tend to get more involved with church activities and get in the habit of going to church every week. Not to mention SJ might be more uncomfortable going against the values they were raised with and again, that's typically religious in the states. I would bet a good portion of the people who go to church weekly go more for the community than the religion. And by no means are all SJs religious, particularly the younger ones.

Hard to say what will happen when non-religion becomes the norm, but I'm excited to see it.
    Sounds sound to me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Intuition: to have an idea how things work without having read the manual

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE8kyQOwoGU"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I read somewhere that SJ's are among the most to populate a church. If this fact were true, what do you suppose there reasoning is for attending?
    SJ's have a need to belong and tend to put more trust in organizations. So I'd guess there are SJ's in church who haven't thought through their core beliefs. In other words, there might be an equal number of SJ's and NT's who have a deep spiritual belief, but of those who don't, SJ's will go through the motions of belonging to a church anyway.

ReflecTcelfeR

Makes sense.