User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by metasapiens View Post
    Hmmmm... I don't necessarily agree with this as the fact that the concrete thinker would eventually think abstractly, but the trigger for the abstract thought was a concrete fact. I think Intuition would just leap to the thought without any conscious provocation.

Ne and Ni don't necessarily need to see an object for them to have an idea about it. Where as the idea that Si and Se create is based or inspired by an object in their vicinity.

MBTI
    N>JI

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    Intuition is a synonym for pretentiousness
    Sensing is a pathetic excuse for relying on empirical thinking, which my cat usually uses, but only because it has no other choice.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by metasapiens View Post
    Sensing is a pathetic excuse for relying on empirical thinking, which my cat usually uses, but only because it has no other choice.
    No, your cat doesn't use empirical thought. It does something because it wants to.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Hmmmm... I don't necessarily agree with this as the fact that the concrete thinker would eventually think abstractly, but the trigger for the abstract thought was a concrete fact. I think Intuition would just leap to the thought without any conscious provocation.

Ne and Ni don't necessarily need to see an object for them to have an idea about it. Where as the idea that Si and Se create is based or inspired by an object in their vicinity.
    Well said!!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Intuition: Gut feeling, 6th sense, psychic power, 3rd eye vision, those are the words that come to mind when I think of intuition. I know how new agey of me...don't hate! Lol
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    N>JI

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    No, your cat doesn't use empirical thought. It does something because it wants to.
    My cat does something it wants to, unless this leads to reproduce a dangerous situation it already experienced. It's an empirical thinker, like any mammals.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    N is more comfortable relying on gut-feelings, rather than what they can sense around their environment.

S is more comfortable relying on what they make sense out of their environment, rather than gut-feelings.

That is, if you want it to be defined this simply.
    The "gut feelings" thing is a problematic description, because Sensors, especially Se, also speak of "gut feelings" or "going with their gut." A very simplistic example might be an athlete, very skilled at his sport, making a split-second decision based on gut instinct. The gut feeling in this case comes from Se, and the scope of the gut feeling is the here and now. I would suggest the "gut feeling" comes from using a perceiving function in such a way that it "makes a decision" without having a judging function come into play.

Intuition is more about looking beyond the here and now (Se) or one's experiences (Si). Ne sees connections and patterns that are based upon the observed, but go far beyond the observed, for instance, to be inspired as if by a muse. Ni sees connections that go "deeper", and result in a highly intuitive understanding of whatever subject is under investigation. In both cases, there is an element of "guessing" and "wondering," and not always a "gut feeling" of some truth or another. I would suggest that it is the habit of always guessing and wondering that leads to the Ni and Ne versions of gut feelings, as one's practice leads one to identify and classify patterns quickly, without judging functions consciously making a decision.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    N: "Something tells me God exists."
    S: "God exists because the bible says so."
    N: Maybe God influenced the bible...it must be true! Or maybe Satan did, so it's false. How would we know??
    S: There's no evidence for a god, and a lot of evidence that religious leaders have used religion to manipulate their followers. I'll decide based on the facts.
    -end of thread-

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    N: Maybe God influenced the bible...it must be true! Or maybe Satan did, so it's false. How would we know??
    S: There's no evidence for a god, and a lot of evidence that religious leaders have used religion to manipulate their followers. I'll decide based on the facts.
    I read somewhere that SJ's are among the most to populate a church. If this fact were true, what do you suppose there reasoning is for attending? Religion isn't the best way to describe S v N because it disturbs the fact that S's have no fact that a God exists, and yet they blindly believe (a.k.a. faith) that there is one. This I'm sure only corresponds with extreme S's though, perhaps the balance between the two aspects allows this to occur?

I guess they perceive what they see in religion as a fact and then accept it... hmmm, I find that an interesting take on perceiving, or perhaps a good example in how objects can be 'manipulated' in order to fit the perception instead of the other way around.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I read somewhere that SJ's are among the most to populate a church. If this fact were true, what do you suppose there reasoning is for attending? Religion isn't the best way to describe S v N because it disturbs the fact that S's have no fact that a God exists, and yet they blindly believe (a.k.a. faith) that there is one. This I'm sure only corresponds with extreme S's though, perhaps the balance between the two aspects allows this to occur?

I guess they perceive what they see in religion as a fact and then accept it... hmmm, I find that an interesting take on perceiving, or perhaps a good example in how objects can be 'manipulated' in order to fit the perception instead of the other way around.
    Okay....Dude here is asserting that an intuitive person would most likely not believe in God.

That makes no sense. An N could take 3 random objects and connect them together and conclude that 'there is a God'. Just lke an S could take and see 3 obviously related items and conclude that there isn't.

I just hope that's your 'random' approach to thought at work. You're just throwing that out there to see where it lands, right? Otherwise

I swear the some of you have no clue about what you are talking about here.