MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    TBH I have more problems deciphering how Te is ever "right"
    What would make it wrong? Reality is more important than what Ti thinks should be reality.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Structuring, monitoring, parameters, HAH. These intangible creations are only as valid as the information used to build them. The information used here is obtained through what is observed, not what is. If anything, I imagine it would be highly susceptible to errors, but these can be fixed as they appear. Add in degrees of uncertainty and you end up with something resembling a chaotic mess with a clearly defined present.
    This is it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    What would make it wrong? Reality is more important than what Ti thinks should be reality.
    That's exactly what one of you Te-ers would say!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

tert Te is good at being wrong

no, i should clarify. i used to think subjective = internal = illogical and objective = external = logical. i have been made more aware recently that this is not true, but it is still an automatic tendency to associate them. so i have gotten very frustrated with Ti, because it's not always particularly clear to me. i really seek external clarity and organization and it bothers me when something that when, in something i think should be organized - ie, something rational - it does not appear to be present.

yet it is a mistake to assume that because organization is not clear, it is not present.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

"Can Te be wrong?"

Sure. Frequently in my experience.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Ghost View Post
    So if Te is systematic and automatically adjusts with it's own checks and balances, can it be wrong?
    According to a Te-dom who I had a talk with today, no

Ni can lead Te astray or it can lead it to something new and unique.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I've just learned about cognitive functions and this is the definition of the "Te" function:

Ordering; organizing for efficiency; systematzing; aplying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters, deciding if something isworking or not.

So if Te is systematic and automatically adjusts with it's own checks and balances, can it be wrong? What would cause the Te function to make mistakes?
    In so far as Te amounts to consequential thinking I reckon it wont ever be wrong and there should be a lot more of it, unfortunately neuro-psychologists and others have concluded that maturation means its not exhibited by most people until their early twenties, at the very least, sometimes even later.

So bascially by the time you've mastered it if you're unlucky you could have kids, mortgage, partner, responsibilities and duties you dont want, not a wonder there's so many people in crisis huh?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

In essence perhaps not. But one of the common flaws of Te is that it's used when it shouldn't be. When it isn't the best tool for the situation. And...due to its directiveness and urge to seek control over the situation..it doesn't always realize that
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I've just learned about cognitive functions and this is the definition of the "Te" function:

Ordering; organizing for efficiency; systematzing; aplying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters, deciding if something isworking or not.

So if Te is systematic and automatically adjusts with it's own checks and balances, can it be wrong? What would cause the Te function to make mistakes?
    I think your first problem here is that this definition of Te sucks. The functions are motivations, not opinions, skill sets or whatever. A Te user may do all of things described - but that isn't Te. That's just how they've learned to handle problems.

Te is just a urge to respond to the problems and challenges of the world. It's focus tends to be logistical or at least none social (That's more Fe). Thus a ESTJ warehouse manager may do all of those things, but Te is the urge to get the job done well, rather than how they go about it.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.