• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ's...

R

ReflecTcelfeR

What does an INTJ who hasn't developed their Te look like?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Someone who's in their imagination alot and daydreams about what they'd like to achieve rather than actually taking the steps to make it happen.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Someone who's in their imagination alot and daydreams about what they'd like to achieve rather than actually taking the steps to make it happen.

This! I feel like this! I couldn't describe it. I was thinking that maybe I was an unhealthy INTJ. Though, just to make sure.... What would an INTP who hasn't worked on their Ne look like?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
file.php

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think an INTJ who hasn't developed Te is the one who's more likely to be talking nonsense about UFOs and "reaching the singularity" and other nonsense. They haven't checked in with reality.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm slightly confused on what it means to use Te. The only knowledge I have on it is the fact that it's used to organize the environment. Is that its extent, or does it have other purposes as well? I apologize for my ignorance.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Te is a judgment function that evaluates things based upon objective, external criteria. It can be applied to our own ideas and actions, or those of others. It is at the root of the notorious INTJ ability to criticise. It serves as the reality check on Ni ideas by asking questions like: does it really meet the requirements/specs? how can I test this? how will it work? what will it cost? can I get the necessary parts/input? can I build it myself or do I need help? how long will it take? etc. etc.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It determines the plausibility of Ni's ideas? Does that sound like a good summary?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm slightly confused on what it means to use Te. The only knowledge I have on it is the fact that it's used to organize the environment. Is that its extent, or does it have other purposes as well? I apologize for my ignorance.

Te does not just organize data, it uses data. I'd say it's the most "data-dependent" of all the functions. Te eats data. Here's a good description I found the other day, better than most:

Basic, Passive Use: Follow steps, points and time tables.

Developed, Conscious Use: Create structure, reason by measures and evidence, and implement complex plans.

In other words, while Ti finds truth by saying "things work like this, therefore this should be true," Te works by saying "this is true, therefore things work like this."

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It determines the plausibility of Ni's ideas? Does that sound like a good summary?

In the case of an INTJ, that seems about right. It's also what actually does the planning to make them reality if it finds them to be plausible.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agree. The ones who doesn't use Te (and Se!) generally suck at real life things and being in touch with reality.
Most of us probably play a lot of computer games when younger. That's a crap trap.
The hard part is to get out of it in time and start "leveling up" in real life, instead.
Whatever that means to you is entirely subjective, I wasn't referring to wealth or success specifically.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Te does not just organize data, it uses data. I'd say it's the most "data-dependent" of all the functions. Te eats data. Here's a good description I found the other day, better than most:

Basic, Passive Use: Follow steps, points and time tables.

Developed, Conscious Use: Create structure, reason by measures and evidence, and implement complex plans.

In other words, while Ti finds truth by saying "things work like this, therefore this should be true," Te works by saying "this is true, therefore things work like this."

I really like this last description between Ti and Te.

Agree. The ones who doesn't use Te (and Se!) generally suck at real life things and being in touch with reality.
Most of us probably play a lot of computer games when younger. That's a crap trap.
The hard part is to get out of it in time and start "leveling up" in real life, instead.
Whatever that means to you is entirely subjective, I wasn't referring to wealth or success specifically.

Have you found anything specific, in life or out, that helped hone your Extraverted Thinking?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the book, "The 8 Keys to Self-Leadership," there's a chapter on Extraverted Thinking. It tells what it is, how it's used, and goes into great depth on improving and developing your own use of it. You might want to check that out, maybe get it from the library or something.

Here's a link, Te is covered in chapter 7:

8 keys of self-leadership: from ... - Google Books

R

ReflecTcelfeR

In the book, "The 8 Keys to Self-Leadership," there's a chapter on Extraverted Thinking. It tells what it is, how it's used, and goes into great depth on improving and developing your own use of it. You might want to check that out, maybe get it from the library or something.

Here's a link, Te is covered in chapter 7:

8 keys of self-leadership: from ... - Google Books

Sounds like I'll be visiting Barnes & Noble very soon! Thank you.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you found anything specific, in life or out, that helped hone your Extraverted Thinking?

Disappointment and disillusionment.
Being poor, scammed out of all the money you had rightfully earned, starving and in debt.
You can't trust anyone you thought were your friends, and not your family either.
Sure as hell not the state, laws, police or unions.
You'll realize that you're all alone, when it comes down to it.
You'll have to be logical and calculating. Hard. Realistic, as opposed to idealistic and happy-go-lucky.

This will kickstart your Te and Se, because those are skills that lets you find opportunities and exploit them.

By the way, I do not recommend it if you can avoid it.
Once you despise society and the majority of people as much as I do, you won't be as happy.
You'll be right, and you'll be in touch with how rotten things are, but it sucks.
Ignorance is bliss.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In the case of an INTJ, that seems about right. It's also what actually does the planning to make them reality if it finds them to be plausible.
Yes. It also constructs experiments to test feasibility, to determine what will happen if you do X. I am not an INTP, but I suppose, by contrast, they would be more likely to theorize about what happens if you do X.

As for honing Te, I was helped immensely by mentors, people who challenged me to explain my ideas, and fed my Te with all those facts and data against which to measure them.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Mmmmmmm ignorance. I can't wait for reality to punch me in the face! :D It's gonna hurt. I have encountered some of these trials, but I don't believe I felt the full force of them, not yet at least. Bring it.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yes. It also constructs experiments to test feasibility, to determine what will happen if you do X. I am not an INTP, but I suppose, by contrast, they would be more likely to theorize about what happens if you do X.

As for honing Te, I was helped immensely by mentors, people who challenged me to explain my ideas, and fed my Te with all those facts and data against which to measure them.

So the INTJ is more hands on, by actually creating something to test the theory? I suppose Se would do that, wouldn't it? The INTJ tries to actually control the results.

The INTP would avoid cutting down his choices by just theorizing any way X could change. I'm getting closer to discerning them I believe. The INTP is open for whatever happens.