Thread: INTJ's...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I'm slightly confused on what it means to use Te. The only knowledge I have on it is the fact that it's used to organize the environment. Is that its extent, or does it have other purposes as well? I apologize for my ignorance.
    Te does not just organize data, it uses data. I'd say it's the most "data-dependent" of all the functions. Te eats data. Here's a good description I found the other day, better than most:

Basic, Passive Use: Follow steps, points and time tables.

Developed, Conscious Use: Create structure, reason by measures and evidence, and implement complex plans.

In other words, while Ti finds truth by saying "things work like this, therefore this should be true," Te works by saying "this is true, therefore things work like this."
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

It determines the plausibility of Ni's ideas? Does that sound like a good summary?
    In the case of an INTJ, that seems about right. It's also what actually does the planning to make them reality if it finds them to be plausible.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Agree. The ones who doesn't use Te (and Se!) generally suck at real life things and being in touch with reality.
    Most of us probably play a lot of computer games when younger. That's a crap trap.
    The hard part is to get out of it in time and start "leveling up" in real life, instead.
    Whatever that means to you is entirely subjective, I wasn't referring to wealth or success specifically.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Te does not just organize data, it uses data. I'd say it's the most "data-dependent" of all the functions. Te eats data. Here's a good description I found the other day, better than most:

Basic, Passive Use: Follow steps, points and time tables.

Developed, Conscious Use: Create structure, reason by measures and evidence, and implement complex plans.

In other words, while Ti finds truth by saying "things work like this, therefore this should be true," Te works by saying "this is true, therefore things work like this."
    I really like this last description between Ti and Te.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Agree. The ones who doesn't use Te (and Se!) generally suck at real life things and being in touch with reality.
    Most of us probably play a lot of computer games when younger. That's a crap trap.
    The hard part is to get out of it in time and start "leveling up" in real life, instead.
    Whatever that means to you is entirely subjective, I wasn't referring to wealth or success specifically.
    Have you found anything specific, in life or out, that helped hone your Extraverted Thinking?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

In the book, "The 8 Keys to Self-Leadership," there's a chapter on Extraverted Thinking. It tells what it is, how it's used, and goes into great depth on improving and developing your own use of it. You might want to check that out, maybe get it from the library or something.

Here's a link, Te is covered in chapter 7:

8 keys of self-leadership: from ... - Google Books
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

ReflecTcelfeR

In the book, "The 8 Keys to Self-Leadership," there's a chapter on Extraverted Thinking. It tells what it is, how it's used, and goes into great depth on improving and developing your own use of it. You might want to check that out, maybe get it from the library or something.

Here's a link, Te is covered in chapter 7:

8 keys of self-leadership: from ... - Google Books
    Sounds like I'll be visiting Barnes & Noble very soon! Thank you.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Have you found anything specific, in life or out, that helped hone your Extraverted Thinking?
    Disappointment and disillusionment.
    Being poor, scammed out of all the money you had rightfully earned, starving and in debt.
    You can't trust anyone you thought were your friends, and not your family either.
    Sure as hell not the state, laws, police or unions.
    You'll realize that you're all alone, when it comes down to it.
    You'll have to be logical and calculating. Hard. Realistic, as opposed to idealistic and happy-go-lucky.

This will kickstart your Te and Se, because those are skills that lets you find opportunities and exploit them.

By the way, I do not recommend it if you can avoid it.
    Once you despise society and the majority of people as much as I do, you won't be as happy.
    You'll be right, and you'll be in touch with how rotten things are, but it sucks.
    Ignorance is bliss.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

In the case of an INTJ, that seems about right. It's also what actually does the planning to make them reality if it finds them to be plausible.
    Yes. It also constructs experiments to test feasibility, to determine what will happen if you do X. I am not an INTP, but I suppose, by contrast, they would be more likely to theorize about what happens if you do X.

As for honing Te, I was helped immensely by mentors, people who challenged me to explain my ideas, and fed my Te with all those facts and data against which to measure them.

ReflecTcelfeR

Mmmmmmm ignorance. I can't wait for reality to punch me in the face! It's gonna hurt. I have encountered some of these trials, but I don't believe I felt the full force of them, not yet at least. Bring it.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Yes. It also constructs experiments to test feasibility, to determine what will happen if you do X. I am not an INTP, but I suppose, by contrast, they would be more likely to theorize about what happens if you do X.

As for honing Te, I was helped immensely by mentors, people who challenged me to explain my ideas, and fed my Te with all those facts and data against which to measure them.
    So the INTJ is more hands on, by actually creating something to test the theory? I suppose Se would do that, wouldn't it? The INTJ tries to actually control the results.

The INTP would avoid cutting down his choices by just theorizing any way X could change. I'm getting closer to discerning them I believe. The INTP is open for whatever happens.