• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm aware that he's got problems. I felt it was necessary to point out that all types have to potential to screw everything up.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm aware that he's got problems. I felt it was necessary to point out that all types have to potential to screw everything up.
I am INTP, and therefore by definition, perfect.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
*big adoring eyes at MacGuffin* You mean I will never be gay like your avatar as awesome as an INTP? :D

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*big adoring eyes at MacGuffin* You mean I will never be gay like your avatar as awesome as an INTP? :D
Of course not!

I weep for you INTJs, you come so close to perfection... yet fail.

I can barely imagine the rampant jealousy and heartache that causes!

Kanerou

MBTI Type
_NFP
I hold that you guys are narcissistic bastards. And I say that as I laugh.

What can I say? I certainly don't agree with everything you guys do. But when you put it to someone, you put it to them. You don't seem to worry what others will think of you. People like you tend to evoke a mixed reaction out of me: one in which I affectionately insult you (see above). Unfortunately, my greatest exposure has been hearing about people on MBTICentral, as well as an INTp/INTP? who later showed that he thought himself enlightened and me in need of enlightenment. I have little patience for that crap. Bravo to those of you who rise above your weaknesses; I hope to meet more like you and enjoy my time with them.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hold that you guys are narcissistic bastards. And I say that as I laugh.

What can I say? I certainly don't agree with everything you guys do. But when you put it to someone, you put it to them. You don't seem to worry what others will think of you. People like you tend to evoke a mixed reaction out of me: one in which I affectionately insult you (see above). Unfortunately, my greatest exposure has been hearing about people on MBTICentral, as well as an INTp/INTP? who later showed that he thought himself enlightened and me in need of enlightenment. I have little patience for that crap. Bravo to those of you who rise above your weaknesses; I hope to meet more like you and enjoy my time with them.
You're welcome.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
To represent the errors of the INTJ, I will use my favorite of my brother's bad habits. If he bothers to help someone with a problem(which is not a pretty site to begin with) he often tackles the problem with such certainty that he doesn't bother asking questions. This results in him "fixing" a problem that no one actually had, and then walking away without a moment's notice. Not surprisingly, whenever he does this, he has to come back later to fix the real problem. He's usually even more angry then, but he really has no one to be angry at but himself. :dry:

Sounds like my mother (who very well may be an INTJ, which makes me hesitate to ever think of dating an INTJ...). She always thinks she is right, and is forever right, and never wrong, because God wills it so(?). She likes to point out people's flaws and problems, and is hard set in what the solution is (to her anyway) and fails to realize that not all things are so dry cut, or that she may actually just be wrong. She also has that narcissist itch. Just stubborn as a clusterf*** and thinks she knows what everyone needs. Ugh.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Sounds like my mother (who very well may be an INTJ, which makes me hesitate to ever think of dating an INTJ...). She always thinks she is right, and is forever right, and never wrong, because God wills it so(?). She likes to point out people's flaws and problems, and is hard set in what the solution is (to her anyway) and fails to realize that not all things are so dry cut, or that she may actually just be wrong. She also has that narcissist itch. Just stubborn as a clusterf*** and thinks she knows what everyone needs. Ugh.

Sounds really typical for an unhealthy INTJ. Minus 'god' and religion.

MBTI Type
INxJ
One of my brothers is an INTJ, and I have lived most of my life with a cold impression of him. It's only improved in the time that I have been living with him and his girlfriend. He's mean, and he has often left me baffled with his inability to respect talents other than his own.

:hug:

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
... and still, some of my best experiences are with INTJ's who know how and when to tell me I am exaggerating ("thought castles") without insulting me. The reason why I accept their criticism is because I know they know when it becomes nonsense, which has nothing to do with a lack of understanding...
In spite of the difference in functions, I see great similarity in our types. No better "buddies" than INTJ and ENTP :)

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm really warming up to INTJs, recently. I think once they stop reinforcing their own stereotype, they're really easy to get on with, and generally a pleasure to read.

There's self-appreciation in there; so no one be a fool and bring that up.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
... and still, some of my best experiences are with INTJ's who know how and when to tell me I am exaggerating ("thought castles") without insulting me. The reason why I accept their criticism is because I know they know when it becomes nonsense, which has nothing to do with a lack of understanding...

's true, we're probably the best type to provide you with a second opinion and to have you actually listen to it. ;) But you're great for challenging our own convictions too. Talking to an INTP can be so refreshing.

Oh and a fellow Belgian. :)

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
's true, we're probably the best type to provide you with a second opinion and to have you actually listen to it. ;) But you're great for challenging our own convictions too. Talking to an INTP can be so refreshing.

Oh and a fellow Belgian. :)

Agreement on INTJ-P relations and a shared nationality (for what it is worth these days)... this is almost too much ;)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Well, at least there are two fractions that can find common ground on here. ;) *pets Ps in a compensatory turn of events*

MBTI Type
INxJ
Actually, I really enjoy seeing how far an INTP will take an idea or theory. It's always been one of the reasons I liked being friends with them. You could call it a hobby, perhaps.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Actually, I really enjoy seeing how far an INTP will take an idea or theory. It's always been one of the reasons I liked being friends with them. You could call it a hobby, perhaps.

Probably because of our quest to see the ULTIMATE truth in things, as someone somewhere so accurately described. When I contemplate something, it is so I can arrive at the highest possible truth and understanding of it. Equally strong is my desire to paint a clear and concise picture of what I think, that can encompass all the details of what I envision. If my description/explanation lacks detail, then I feel I have failed to manifest my true idea.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably because of our quest to see the ULTIMATE truth in things, as someone somewhere so accurately described. When I contemplate something, it is so I can arrive at the highest possible truth and understanding of it. Equally strong is my desire to paint a clear and concise picture of what I think, that can encompass all the details of what I envision. If my description/explanation lacks detail, then I feel I have failed to manifest my true idea.

That's a pretty impressive way of putting it. Truth is, sometimes I just giggle a lot at how absurdly far I can drag out a train of thought. :laugh:

Perhaps not as deep.

Tiamat

MBTI Type
INTP
Lets just start breeding INTPs and INTJs and be done with it.

...dibs