• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, this is true. I should have explained why I said that in the first place. INTPs can be a holy grail match in math and science. INTJs tend to do very well in this area too, but not like an INTP. I'm just comparing cognitive processes. When I said "smarter than me", I didn't mean myself literally.

I've learned the most from INTPs. I look up to them.

I'm kind of late, but I wanted to confirm that my surprise did indeed come from the fact that INTJs usually don't refer to anything being smarter than themselves. Even now that you've clarified, it's still kind of refreshing.

To set the record straight, though, I'm practically retarded when it comes to math. :blush:

MBTI Type
INxJ
I'm kind of late, but I wanted to confirm that my surprise did indeed come from the fact that INTJs usually don't refer to anything being smarter than themselves. Even now that you've clarified, it's still kind of refreshing.

To set the record straight, though, I'm practically retarded when it comes to math. :blush:

:hug: No one is completely a stereotype. Though, I'd never admit not being the best at anything other than INTPs. I have a soft spot for them. I've just known so many really amazing ones. So bright. And whimsical at the same time. It must be lovely to have that kind of personality.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*jumps on bandwagon*

I share the squishy love of INTP's, I generally have a lot of time and respect for the ones I've met.

And I have no problem admitting there are plenty smarter than me, it would be boring otherwise, who would I learn off?

Now can someone do an assignment for me :unsure:

Tiamat

MBTI Type
INTP
Conversely, I have a bit of a soft spot for INTJs. Their dislike for idiotic displays makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

My only complaint is how much they can drain my energy in a heated discussion but I should expect no less from an introverted rational.

Tiamat

MBTI Type
INTP
Question: Are INTPs the laziest of all types?

I know we have the reputation but...do we also have the throne?

MBTI Type
INxJ
*jumps on bandwagon*

I share the squishy love of INTP's, I generally have a lot of time and respect for the ones I've met.

And I have no problem admitting there are plenty smarter than me, it would be boring otherwise, who would I learn off?

Now can someone do an assignment for me :unsure:

lol :thumbup:

MBTI Type
INxJ
Conversely, I have a bit of a soft spot for INTJs. Their dislike for idiotic displays makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

My only complaint is how much they can drain my energy in a heated discussion but I should expect no less from an introverted rational.

The love goes round and round. :)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
My experience with INTP:

I like INTPs, but...*frightened look*...they are limited in what they can see *Ti* and seem to have a problem with acknowledging they don't have the überperspective on things. I've also found them to be a type that can be very unaccepting of other kinds of types.

*puts on INTJ hat* INTPs can be smarter than me, but they aren't by default.

Ok, what I do appreciate is their logical soundness. Once you accept their axiomas, they are the most consistent, honest and objective type around...this ability often leads them to generate very innovative ideas...ideas I admittedly would not have been able to generate. When you make logical sense to them, they don't care whether you're a cholera-infected tramp or a CEO, they will take you seriously. In all their logic I find them to be rather binary thinkers. They are radical rather than pragmatic (which I admire). INTJs are often compared to computers, but I would say it's really the INTP whose thought process is closest to that of a computer.

I also like their grumpy style and go with the flow attitude. :D And they possess an endearing naiveté that I sometimes recognise in myself as well.

Oh and the women seem to be quite different from the men for some reason.

All in all: :hug:

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Really, I don't think INTPs are intelligent as what people of other types would think.

First, they don't have a legitimate specialization (unlike the TJs). Their interest goes everywhere but they're not expected to specialize at anything specific.

But what so good about INTPs is that...where they lack specialization, they compensate pretty much with having a considerable understanding of practically everything.

Biggest area that I think a lot of INTPs have an interest is the humanities. It's speculative, which means it's like an Ne opium or something. Unlike the intelligence required by the corporate working world, for example, where there's too much importance to Te and Si (which I think is just a societal protocol that tells society on what thinking ought to be like), INTPs don't give a damn about that at all that's why they're always able to think outside the box with relative ease more than any archetype.

Having a strong Ti means that any idea produced by the Ne would have a logical framework to it (which is why when an INTP presents an idea, it makes so much sense as compared to other archetypes who don't have a strong Ti).

Having a jacked-up Ne means that they can develop a sense of appreciation for the arts (though being not NF or SP could mean that they may not have that much of an inclination for it), which is something that the working world pretty much ignores.

I've thought that an INTP's NT intellectual competence and their Ne/P (semi artisan) function makes them more intellectually holistic than any archetype, hence the perception that they're smart. But in my opinion, INTPs have just figured out a way to balance the duality.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8

Ditto. I love the deep discussion you can get into with an INTJ, but sometimes it can be draining even for the likes of an INTP, for the INTJ in my experience likes nothing more than the deep waters that require a fair amount of energy to traverse. But it's still extremely fun :) . Turns me on actually...

And go figure, Irvine is pretty close to me as well, lol.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Coming from an INTJ, that is one hell of a compliment :party2:

Haha. Minako, you're going to make a name for yourself just by being the INTJ without a chip on your shoulder.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...then it ceases to be logical.

That's not necessarily true. Certain logical equations are considered by many to be a priori. Being self-evident truth basically means being undeniable. So, there we would have undeniable logic. :D

Logic is not soley possesed by the field of epistemological pragmatism. Rationalism, while relying on foundational belief, is often very dependent on the use of logic as well.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
That's not necessarily true. Certain logical equations are considered by many to be a priori. Being self-evident truth basically means being undeniable. So, there we would have undeniable logic. :D

Logic is not soley possesed by the field of epistemological pragmatism. Rationalism, while relying on foundational belief, is often very dependent on the use of logic as well.

;) My comment was snarky.

Yet, I have to respond, if slightly...

A priori logic is as rational as the construct of its foundation. All people are born. Sounds legit.

Yet, when variables change, so too does the meaning of the priori. Let's say tomorrow, people lose the capacity to sexually reproduce (profound unlikelihood, yet not impossible.) From here on, we'll say all humans must biologically mature within a laboratory from zygote to fetus. Childbirth undergoes revision. People are no longer born.

Rationalism too - All carrots are plants. Plants grow in the ground. All carrots grow in the ground.

Once we are able to synthesize methods in which carrots can successfully grow out of the ground, we render our Rationalist framework archaic.