• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An INTP's calm is contagious. I love to just be near them.

:happy2: :horor: :yay: :party2: :duel: :drummerboy: :panic: :panic: :overreact: :bunnyglee: :voodoo: :bunnyglee: :azdaja: :hexer: :yays: :moodeath: :bitchfest: :bananallama:

crazy-cat.gif

mad_as_hell_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Insane-Kitten-15702416870_xlarge.jpeg

.... hmmm. I guess you're right. Even after all that, still calm on this end... go figure.

V

violaine

:aquiver: Well, I was a fan. 'Til [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] 's last post burned my sensitive little intro circuits out. *default overloaded-intro fetal position*

(Lol @ assault weapon kitty though. That is INTP avatar worthy!)

A

Anew Leaf

I appreciate how awesome an INTP can be:

• funny
  • insightful
  • excellent ability to parse down problems into their essence
  • fun
  • a wonderful friend to have
  • fantastic idea generators

:hug:

Pea Ess: You guys like bad puns!! :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:aquiver: Well, I was a fan. 'Til [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] 's last post burned my sensitive little intro circuits out. *default overloaded-intro fetal position*

:blush: Sowwy. I mean, it was just a validation experiment, I had to confirm!

(Lol @ assault weapon kitty though. That is INTP avatar worthy!)
:smile: That one did make me laugh.

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Pea Ess: You guys like bad puns!! :D

I love horrible puns. I'll steer an entire conversation towards a desired end state just to unleash one on the unsuspecting audience - or even better on a suspecting audience who knows what I'm up to but doesn't know when the diabolical word trap will be sprung.

V

violaine

:blush: Sowwy. I mean, it was just a validation experiment, I had to confirm!

Well, as long as you got what you wanted, I can be happy about that. ;-) *Fe-e-e-e-e-e* (Aw, and there was a "sowwy", that's like a power punch right to my NF head and heart. :p )

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, as long as you got what you wanted, I can be happy about that. ;-) *Fe-e-e-e-e-e* (Aw, and there was a "sowwy", that's like a power punch right to my NF head and heart. :p )

heh heh... yes, I know how to play this game. :phantom:

V

violaine

;-)

In seriousness, I also find the INTPs I know to be really nice to be around. Very soothing kind of connection.

(I've always thought it's a bit of a shame to see a nice INTP in a relationship with someone who is trying to unashamedly shoe-horn them into what they want. From the outside looking in at those relationships, I think an INTP is prone to blaming him/herself and taking a lot of responsibility for relationship troubles. Can mean the INTP ends up jumping through a lot of hoops... Without seeming to get much out of it for themselves?)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
;-)

In seriousness, I also find the INTPs I know to be really nice to be around. Very soothing kind of connection.

(I've always thought it's a bit of a shame to see a nice INTP in a relationship with someone who is trying to unashamedly shoe-horn them into what they want. From the outside looking in at those relationships, I think an INTP is prone to blaming him/herself and taking a lot of responsibility for relationship troubles. Can mean the INTP ends up jumping through a lot of hoops... Without seeming to get much out of it for themselves?)

Yes, they are very easy, natural company and counterparts... well, can often be.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An INTP's calm is contagious. I love to just be near them.
I think we have a great ability to be stressed out and still look smooth. Once I told my INFP co-worker I was worried about some bad things that could happen and she laughed her ass off! She was like ''You, worried?'' :shock:
;-)

Guilty. :( I need to learn how to verbalize my needs more. Still working on it.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yesssss. Been there, done that.

V

violaine

Guilty. :( I need to learn how to verbalize my needs more. Still working on it.

I can only guess at the mechanics of this dynamic. :thinking: And I only have a narrow window on it via a few relationships I've been witness to - but I would think it's key to not automatically blame oneself for problems relating. And to hold out for a person who genuinely appreciates more cerebral/ethereal, laidback people for who they are, rather than end up with the bossy, uptight types who see "potential". I notice that bossy types really horn in on easygoing and retiring types. And then proceed to administer their rule. :run:

Probably requires that a more laidback person has to assert oneself and also pursue rather then letting themselves solely be pursued. I think leaving the pursuit to the other person is a compromise some INTP men seem to make their peace with, because they don't want to pursue.

That's not to say I think one should be static in a relationship, just that it's better if there is evidence of respect and appreciation for each other. /<pet-peeve ramble>

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can only guess at the mechanics of this dynamic. :thinking: And I only have a narrow window on it via a few relationships I've been witness to - but I would think it's key to not automatically blame oneself for problems relating. And to hold out for a person who genuinely appreciates more cerebral/ethereal, laidback people for who they are, rather than end up with the bossy, uptight types who see "potential".

Like me! :happy2:

NAOW!

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
;-)

(I've always thought it's a bit of a shame to see a nice INTP in a relationship with someone who is trying to unashamedly shoe-horn them into what they want.)

I was vulnerable to that when I was younger because in many ways I thought I was the problem - this INTP was very conscious being "different" and assumed that meant "wrong" or "immature" or "not well adjusted". As I grew older (and knew and understood a bit more) I got past this and I found that if somebody tried to change me - I just shut the relationship down. I can be very stubborn when my core values are attacked and trying to change my fundamental character is 1) an excercise in futility (I tried hard enough to change myself - why would they think they can succed where I failed? and 2) it makes the implicit judgement that I'm not good enough (else why change me?). I just got to the point where I said "no".

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think we have a great ability to be stressed out and still look smooth. Once I told my INFP co-worker I was worried about some bad things that could happen and she laughed her ass off! She was like ''You, worried?'' :shock:

Yeah. Actually, I can be rather anxious/neurotic... I'm really good at also imagining where something MIGHT go wrong, and then fret about it... but my response to feeling that way is always to keep this calm, disinterested exterior. I just typically do not see a use in flipping out and/or losing control of the situation, it would only seem to guarantee my anxieties to become realized.

I need to learn how to verbalize my needs more. Still working on it.

yeah, that is hard too. I usually either try to ignore my needs and adapt, or I try to take care of my needs myself. But that is not good for a relationship.

violaine said:
can only guess at the mechanics of this dynamic. And I only have a narrow window on it via a few relationships I've been witness to - but I would think it's key to not automatically blame oneself for problems relating.

I remember blaming myself for every problem in the relationship when I was younger. In the last number of years, there's a lot of stuff from marriage where I've realized I wasn't really any more at fault than my ex was; it's just that I was the less conventional of the two of us, so I just kind of absorbed the judgment that it was "me" who was at fault.

And to hold out for a person who genuinely appreciates more cerebral/ethereal, laidback people for who they are, rather than end up with the bossy, uptight types who see "potential". I notice that bossy types really horn in on easygoing and retiring types.

It can be for negative reasons ('easy pickings' to bolster their ego), or for positive reasons ('wanting to fix someone who obviously needs some help'). Of course, both have crappy results.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've come to realize this a long time ago, but I enjoy having everything at arms reach. Where I can decide wether or not to grab a hold of things or let it go whenever I want to, this includes people.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've come to realize this a long time ago, but I enjoy having everything at arms reach. Where I can decide wether or not to grab a hold of things or let it go whenever I want to, this includes people.

I dunno about people but I totally do the same thing! I have a chair that i like to sit in in my living room and within arms reach, I keep all my D&D stuff, my laptop, my guitar, and my ukulele. My bed is similarly near stuff. I don't have to get up to grab my remote, a tissue box, my stereo remote, or my poetry journal.

Yes, I am aware you were making a comment about how close you like people. No, I don't care.