• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think the positive aspect here is that he could have chosen to take a dump, but settled on #1 instead.

:rofl1:

Really? We kinda suck at detail work, we like to leave that for our drones, er, Sensor compatriots.

Agreed. I'd rather have an ISTJ proof read my stuff for me.

---

I have difficulty finding many redeeming features of young INTP's (see that apostrophe, just for you Mac? :tongue10:), but when they get to about 35, they start to become more human and when they get over 50 they're really cool. That's when they've learned enough social skills so that benefiting from their intellectual abilities doesn't have to feel like being in the dentist's chair.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I appreciate that they make up only a few % of the population. Can you imagine having more posts like this? Gah.

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
I like the enthusiasm that INTPs have surrounding subjects that interest them.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
peedk5.gif

I appreciate that they make up only a few % of the population. Can you imagine having more posts like this? Gah.

i'm detecting a pattern forming here... coming from the istp constituency... hrm :nerd:

:banana:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
i'm detecting a pattern forming here... coming from the istp constituency... hrm :nerd:

Well, we can't all be needy for recognition, can we? :D

(As an ex-INTP, you guys were only awesome while I was one. Now that I'm not, you guys are the OTHER and must be scorned. But it's still not my fault it's so easy! ;))

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(As an ex-INTP, you guys were only awesome while I was one. Now that I'm not, you guys are the OTHER and must be scorned. But it's still not my fault it's so easy! ;))

It must be hard having your feet on the ground all the time.

(and stop using smileys, show some cajones....!)

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Wait...I thought being INTP meant I was screwed for life...

:huh:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
It must be hard having your feet on the ground all the time.

(and stop using smileys, show some cajones....!)

See, once I ran out of hot air, I descended from the clouds and now rest comfortably among the common men. It wasn't hard at all, really, but I realise that hot air gives a... heady feeling... that is hard to get away from. :D

And no! :) are my :party2: See? We have fun down here. It doesn't hurt, and you soon forget.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So in addition to creating this forum for you (you're welcome), what other ways do you appreciate the greatest of MBTI types, the INTP?

I appreciate that most of them are so socially inept that seeing them makes me feel good about myself after I've gotten depressed from comparing my social skills to most ESxx types. I can always count on people appreciating my positive traits more after having to deal with one of them. Does that count?

:rofl1:

Okay, I'm kidding. ;)

1. I like their curiosity, their attentiveness to the meaning of what I say.

2. I like how they chase amusingly unexpected patterns in conversation and make eccentric jokes.

3. I like their vocabulary skills. I don't typically have to stop and explain the meanings of the less common words I use. They usually either already know them, or know enough about language to guess what I meant.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(Maybe I want to keep smiley-(ab)using Ts a rare commodity? :D)

I think he was playing.

(You know, yes, it's so rare to catch him flouncing around in the grass... but it happened. And he IS engaged...!)

Poor gatsby. If he keeps foaming at the mouth, we will have to put him down:

old-yeller.thumbnail.jpg

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
:alttongue:

(Maybe I want to keep smiley-(ab)using Ts a rare commodity? :D)

Oh, that's ok. I'm currently an INTJ, and as we know, real INTJs use smileys :D

Sadly, I feel confined on the board. It has a 50 smiley limit. People, can we get that removed so I can do art? Common.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Not to piss on anybody's chips, but the good points people are bringing up about INTP's seem to tend to rely on the INTP in question also being highly intelligent. And I know that not all INTP's are highly intelligent. When one is, it's great... sometimes.... but they're not all geniuses.

What good points do they potentially have by definition of their type, that don't rely on them having high IQ's?