• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bumping this thread so any n00bs that have joined recently know where to properly express their appreciation for the greatest MBTI type.

Eye-In-TiPi

MBTI Type
INTP
I was halfway expecting this to be some kind of 'Bizarro World Vomitorium' thread, but skimming it didn't leave that taste in my mouth. Still, I'll embrace the porcelain and heave...
I like my kind because there are no awkward silences. If you put 2 INTP's in a room together, they could easily be silent for hours-and be quite happy about it. Not like those 4 hour road trips I have to endure with my coworkers now and then. I run out of things to say after the 1st 15 minutes and go silent. An hour passes and then I hear "OK. Did I say something to piss you off?" I assure them they didn't and my silence resumes. An hour later, I break the silence with "Is it lunchtime yet?" I swear I should get a T-shirt that says that. It's probably the most frequent thing my coworkers hear out of my mouth.
I don't really know (for sure) any INTP's IRL, so I am my own source for all IRL INTP experiences, so if I say much that's good about them, I'm talking about myself. I don't like to brag, but I'm about the greatest thing since sliced bread. OK that sucked.
I'll try back later if I ever do anything so undeniably awesome that I have to tell someone. I'll be keeping an eye on me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... If you put 2 INTP's in a room together, they could easily be silent for hours-and be quite happy about it.

Although if we get on the right topic (i.e., one we have both thought about), it would be hard to shut us up.

Still, you are right. I hate sometimes being around more "social" types because when you say nothing, there's an expectation that something is wrong. I'd be fine to work, think, write, do whatever, and never pipe up (or have the other person pipe up) until there is actually something to say.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Massive storehouse of empathy
Playful, teasing, and calming sense of humor
Ability to understand people and human motivation due to self-reflection and personal struggle
Loves playing games
Quasi-mystical knowledge of how the world and self operate
Patient and understanding when it really counts
Mental modeling powers can illuminate obscure aspects of life
Rarely fakes unless shy or nervous
Loyal
Loves playing games
Attentive lovers
Great self-awareness
Big shlongs

Eye-In-TiPi

MBTI Type
INTP
Ability to understand people and human motivation due to self-reflection and personal struggle
Loves playing games
Loyal
Loves playing games
Attentive lovers
Great self-awareness
Big shlongs <-------------

The shlongs part didn't stick out and poke me in the eye at 1st, but it did occur to me that it's only true about half the time. The other half lack the Y chromosome. BTW, I'm not sure if it's a 'no-no' here or not, but I'm determined to make every possible n00b mistake so I think you misspelled SCHUHLAWNGG. Other than that, great post! :nice:

Eye-In-TiPi

MBTI Type
INTP
Although if we get on the right topic (i.e., one we have both thought about), it would be hard to shut us up.

Still, you are right. I hate sometimes being around more "social" types because when you say nothing, there's an expectation that something is wrong. I'd be fine to work, think, write, do whatever, and never pipe up (or have the other person pipe up) until there is actually something to say.

Yeah, my wife suffers thru a lot of me talking about things she couldn't care less about. She owes me, though. She's an E, so I let her do most of the talking anyway.
All the social types that I deal with on a regular basis have learned to endure all the silence I throw at them. I know it's hard for them, but I continue to exercise my freedom of speech internally.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
That can't be true as everyone knows INTJ's have the biggest frank and beans known to man. :alttongue: Edhan do you know something we don't, better still how do you know?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Loves playing games
Loyal
Loves playing games
Attentive lovers
Great self-awareness
Big shlongs

I think you misunderstood the topic. They weren't asking INTP's what traits they appreciate, they were asking what traits other people appreciate in INTP's.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Yes, but I'm talking about penis size. Penis.

penis
Right, penis aka willy, Ding dong, weiner, donut holder, John Thomas, pink oboe, one-eyed trouser snake, pee stick, percy, schlong, wifes best friend, pecker, tool, knob, wanker, hairy bagpikes, joystick, blue-veined junket pumper, penis, etc. Your point is? Once again how do you know that INTP's have big "shlongs"?

Ath you may want to cover your eyes.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Damn mistyped ISTPs.