• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
We're just swell, let's leave it at that. It's hard to avoid the pure awesomeness emanating from us.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
what makes INTPs enjoyable:

-they are problem solvers and fixers of things (thanks for being helpful and not too arrogant!)
-they give honest feedback
-they have interesting insights
-they're smart in a non-showy way (thanks for reminding me that intelligence doesnt always make a person an ego monster)
-they have a great sense of humor (thanks for saying politically incorrect things in front of my family!)

what makes INTPs annoying:

-they always win at every video game (save for dance dance revolution which they hate anyway)
-they are unaware of how they come off to others (that's right, i know your weakness)
-they laugh at your mistakes/pain
-they are totally flaky, slapdash, and generally scattered (don't expect them to remember your birthday!)
- they need to be persuaded to socialize but if you engage them on the right (or wrong!) topic they don't stop!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

-they always win at every video game (save for dance dance revolution which they hate anyway)

<--- bad at most video games and loves playing dance dance revolution

(btw, I'm also an arrogant egomonster. I might not look like it because I admit when I am bad at stuff compared to other people, but I have the power to recognize my excellent skills in other ways and come to the conclusion that I am super awesome)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Is this some ironic meta-commentary on the pitfalls of literalism?

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what makes INTPs enjoyable:

-they are problem solvers and fixers of things (thanks for being helpful and not too arrogant!)
-they give honest feedback
-they have interesting insights
-they're smart in a non-showy way (thanks for reminding me that intelligence doesnt always make a person an ego monster)
-they have a great sense of humor (thanks for saying politically incorrect things in front of my family!)

-they are unaware of how they come off to others (that's right, i know your weakness)
-they laugh at your mistakes/pain
-they are totally flaky, slapdash, and generally scattered (don't expect them to remember your birthday!)
- they need to be persuaded to socialize but if you engage them on the right (or wrong!) topic they don't stop!

Curses!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh, I'll remember your birthday... but I won't plan well enough to get you a card on time... if it ever shows up at all.

Hee... Yeah. :blush:

dividend

MBTI Type
INTJ

My INTP is AMAZING at DDR. Amazing to the point that other people kept asking him when he was going to show me his mad skillz, so finally he drug me out of bed one Saturday morning and made me watch him play. </swoon>

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was reminded today, I actually like INTPs. I had an interview with one today (he was unmistakebly INTP), and just by luck I managed to mention his pet subject (and be resonably informed about it). The interview wasn't an interview after that, it was damned interesting, and it's been the first interview I've truly relaxed in for ages. I'm sure it was a clever ploy to ferret out my suitability for the position...strangely enough I always relax round INTPs IRL. I like how they cut out all the BS, and get to the core of things.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
My INTP is AMAZING at DDR. Amazing to the point that other people kept asking him when he was going to show me his mad skillz, so finally he drug me out of bed one Saturday morning and made me watch him play. </swoon>

i still say DDR is more of an ENTP thing. (so, dividend, i guess your INTP & LunaLuminosity on the previous page of this thread are just super outstanding INTPs!)

i think the average INTP prefers a good FPS, or perhaps an engaging RPG.. and how can i forget strategy games? the simple mention is getting me jazzed to play a good game of civ..

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hee... Yeah. :blush:

golly; there's just nothing i like better than understanding NTs. it's so satifying. -maybe because i'm certain that an affirmation from one of you guys is sincere - i've never met an NT sycophant.

..oops, there i go appreciating again.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think the average INTP prefers a good FPS, or perhaps an engaging RPG.. and how can i forget strategy games? the simple mention is getting me jazzed to play a good game of civ..

Some of us aren't into game-playing at all.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
guess i should've started that sentence with the clause "with regard to INTP gamers,"

i wasn't assuming that you all are. i mean, i'm an NF and i pretty much only play games that are strategic/logistical, or very violent. we all are exceptions to some rule.

also, anyone who hasnt at least tried katamari damacy is missing out!