User Tag List

First 2836373839404888 Last

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Really, I don't think INTPs are intelligent as what people of other types would think.

First, they don't have a legitimate specialization (unlike the TJs). Their interest goes everywhere but they're not expected to specialize at anything specific.

But what so good about INTPs is that...where they lack specialization, they compensate pretty much with having a considerable understanding of practically everything.

Biggest area that I think a lot of INTPs have an interest is the humanities. It's speculative, which means it's like an Ne opium or something. Unlike the intelligence required by the corporate working world, for example, where there's too much importance to Te and Si (which I think is just a societal protocol that tells society on what thinking ought to be like), INTPs don't give a damn about that at all that's why they're always able to think outside the box with relative ease more than any archetype.

Having a strong Ti means that any idea produced by the Ne would have a logical framework to it (which is why when an INTP presents an idea, it makes so much sense as compared to other archetypes who don't have a strong Ti).

Having a jacked-up Ne means that they can develop a sense of appreciation for the arts (though being not NF or SP could mean that they may not have that much of an inclination for it), which is something that the working world pretty much ignores.

I've thought that an INTP's NT intellectual competence and their Ne/P (semi artisan) function makes them more intellectually holistic than any archetype, hence the perception that they're smart. But in my opinion, INTPs have just figured out a way to balance the duality.

MBTI
    INTP

I really appreciate Cypocalypse, and I'm not going to explain why.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    Conversely, I have a bit of a soft spot for INTJs. Their dislike for idiotic displays makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

My only complaint is how much they can drain my energy in a heated discussion but I should expect no less from an introverted rational.
    Ditto. I love the deep discussion you can get into with an INTJ, but sometimes it can be draining even for the likes of an INTP, for the INTJ in my experience likes nothing more than the deep waters that require a fair amount of energy to traverse. But it's still extremely fun . Turns me on actually...

And go figure, Irvine is pretty close to me as well, lol.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    Really, I don't think INTPs are intelligent as what people of other types would think.
    I think you guys come off that way because INTPs are the most logical of all thinkers.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Minako-bot View Post
    I think you guys come off that way because INTPs are the most logical of all thinkers.
    Coming from an INTJ, that is one hell of a compliment
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    Haha. Minako, you're going to make a name for yourself just by being the INTJ without a chip on your shoulder.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    It's basically undeniable.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    It's basically undeniable.
    ...then it ceases to be logical.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    ...then it ceases to be logical.
    That's not necessarily true. Certain logical equations are considered by many to be a priori. Being self-evident truth basically means being undeniable. So, there we would have undeniable logic.

Logic is not soley possesed by the field of epistemological pragmatism. Rationalism, while relying on foundational belief, is often very dependent on the use of logic as well.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    That's not necessarily true. Certain logical equations are considered by many to be a priori. Being self-evident truth basically means being undeniable. So, there we would have undeniable logic.

Logic is not soley possesed by the field of epistemological pragmatism. Rationalism, while relying on foundational belief, is often very dependent on the use of logic as well.
    My comment was snarky.

Yet, I have to respond, if slightly...

A priori logic is as rational as the construct of its foundation. All people are born. Sounds legit.

Yet, when variables change, so too does the meaning of the priori. Let's say tomorrow, people lose the capacity to sexually reproduce (profound unlikelihood, yet not impossible.) From here on, we'll say all humans must biologically mature within a laboratory from zygote to fetus. Childbirth undergoes revision. People are no longer born.

Rationalism too - All carrots are plants. Plants grow in the ground. All carrots grow in the ground.

Once we are able to synthesize methods in which carrots can successfully grow out of the ground, we render our Rationalist framework archaic.