User Tag List

First 1321222324253373 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    ... and we're funny and charming...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Maybe it's self-deprecating irony after all...

The INTPs will never know how it feels to be chronically happy and at peace with yourself, so that makes the ENFPs the paragon of everything they'd aspire to be, one day...
    How tragic.
    hehehe true. Mind you, we can get mega confused too sometimes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    I have a theory that different cultures are predisposed to be of a certain personaility type. Italians are on the whole ENFPs, Japanese INFJs, British INTPs, Indians INTJs.
    Could you puhlease make this true. Britain becoming INTP would rock.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Could you puhlease make this true. Britain becoming INTP would rock.
    Obviously not everyone is going to be the same time type. I'm talking on the whole.

Melancholic and stoical with an often whacky sense of humor. I would say that's intp.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Melancholic and stoical with an often whacky sense of humor. I would say that's intp.
    I would say, while I may be stoical at times when its expedient, I don't think I'm prone to melancholia.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

And I don't think you INTP's have a "wacky" sense of humor.

British nonsense, cold sophisticated humor rather look ENTP. Check the Monty Pythons, for instance...

IMHO, the way INTP's express themselves rather looks close to South Park: crude, puerile, childish, and sometimes genuinely hilarious (But I could be wrong...).
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENFP

And I don't think you INTP's have a "wacky" sense of humor.

British nonsense, cold sophisticated humor rather look ENTP. Check the Monty Pythons, for instance...

IMHO, the way INTP's express themselves rather looks close to South Park: crude, puerile, childish, and sometimes genuinely hilarious (But I could be wrong...).
    lol...something tells me you just DONT like INTPs :P
    Btw...this is the "Appreciation" thread, not the "Why we hate INTP" thread.

But shoot away...im learning a lot from ur input

MBTI
    INTP

/cough

I don't do that..

>.>

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    lol...something tells me you just DONT like INTPs :P
    Btw...this is the "Appreciation" thread, not the "Why we hate INTP" thread.

But shoot away...im learning a lot from ur input
    No. The immature teens who are rampaging INTP-central are victims somehow, it's not their fault. Everybody hate them (sometimes with good reasons, alas... ), and they hugely suffer in daily life because of their social awkwardness. They are mean because people are mean with them, it's a defensive response. And the vocal minority on INTP-central is not very clever nor subtle, they would be banned everywhere else (they are very young). Indeed, their kind of humor is very close to South Park, very gremlin-like, very primitive.

No, what I would really enjoy, would be to find healthy INTPs instead, INTPs who would have grown-up and really trained their intelligence and knowledges. INTPs who would prove how deeply interesting this type can be.

Some of my close friends are like that, so I know this is possible. We all know INTPs like that (whether friends, lovers, siblings or parents), so let's offer them a space to socially interact!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    Pfft

So a man walks into a bar and orders up a double whiskey, and tips the bartender generously to keep them coming. The bartender asks why.

"It's Bessie, man! She weighs two tons, she's mean, and she packs a powerful wallop."

A black male is standing near the bar, and overhears this conversation. His race and sex aren't actually important to this story, but I thought I'd mention it just to be detailed and descriptive. That's what everyone says they like about Stephen King. He's really great, so they say. Anyway, this is what the guy said, "I'm very sorry about your wife, stranger. A toast to the drowning of sorrows!"

The first guy looks at the second guy confused for a moment. At length, he replies, "I'm talking about my new truck, and I'm celebrating!"

The second guy says, letting a thin wisp of smoke escape from his lips as he stares with eyes that suddenly seem to have no lids at the first fellow, forgetting the pale yellow draft of Coors Light in his hand, "You ran over your wife! Holy crap! I'm even more sorry! I'll buy you a drink!"

"..." says the first guy, for that is the only constructive thing he could say to the other guy. He then wanders off to inspect the pool tables, gleefully proclaiming the Good News about how his truck has given him new life.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

No. The immature teens who are rampaging INTP-central are victims somehow, it's not their fault. Everybody hate them (sometimes with good reasons, alas... ), and they hugely suffer in daily life because of their social awkwardness. They are mean because people are mean with them, it's a defensive response. And the vocal minority on INTP-central is not very clever nor subtle, they would be banned everywhere else (they are very young). Indeed, their kind of humor is very close to South Park, very gremlin-like, very primitive.

No, what I would really enjoy, would be to find healthy INTPs instead, INTPs who would have grown-up and really trained their intelligence and knowledges. INTPs who would prove how deeply interesting this type can be.

Some of my close friends are like that, so I know this is possible. We all know INTPs like that (whether friends, lovers, siblings or parents), so let's offer them a space to socially interact!
    I agree with that... I left there thanks to some members here who saw I didn't fit there.

On the second part, thing is, even here those INTPs who don't fit that INTPc stereotype don't come off as INTPs to others. I was just repped and told I was thought to be an INFP. So what you have is, if you're older or have developed some manners, whatever, you won't be thought of as INTP. Its amazing to me. I've, at times, wanted to be something else just because of the reputation and because we tend to get, senselessly, beat up... guess I, finally, got my wish.. false or not.