User Tag List

First 311121314152363 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I think it's that whole "I've got it all worked out and flowcharted in my head and because what you're proposing (or heaven forbid doing) isn't on the chart, you're absolutely wrong and I have no use for you" thing.
    Sounds like an INTJ. Does it seem that Extraverts are much more likely to take an INTP for an INTJ than other Introverts are?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    INTP's shine when they are solo.
    Yes, yes they do.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    It could mean several things, but some of the negative qualities I've observed of INTP's in groups include:

Xenophobia, drama, mutual enabling, intolerance, pharisaicalness, and even outright cruelty.

I should also point out many other Introverts have similar problems in groups of all or mostly the same type, so it isn't unique to INTP's. In fact, it might be dangerous to have too many of the same type in almost any group.

And of course, I cannot stress enough that INTP's as individuals more than make up for this, and can thrive in more diverse, healthy groups. In such groups (and individually) they can display:

General helpfulness, insight, constructive criticism, humor, and new ideas.
    I agree, they're amazingly good at what they do. I concur with the parts in bold.

I haven't noticed the specific negative traits mentioned above, but another thing really stands out:

My husband is a very well-balanced, personable guy, but when he gets together with one of his INTP colleagues, talk always turns to how things aren't running very efficiently or how so-and-so does it wrong.

As soon as that person is let go, a new person becomes It and then everything is his fault. Now I just laugh, I can see the dynamic so well.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Xenophobia, drama, mutual enabling, intolerance, pharisaicalness, and even outright cruelty.

I should also point out many other Introverts have similar problems in groups of all or mostly the same type, so it isn't unique to INTP's. In fact, it might be dangerous to have too many of the same type in almost any group.
    I will definitely second the final conclusion you made. I've seen some pretty insufferable Extraverted communities.
    It sadly seems to be a natural form of behavior for humans. If you gather-up a bunch of people of the same type, they will always form elitism. That's right, I said always.

I really think it's a matter of health, unrelated to type. The single type communities become especially bad because every healthy person sees the direction it's taking and generally leave. Healthy people go and form websites like this one.

It really has been a remarkable psychological experiment. It is very fascinating that with little engineering, this diversified forum has become more informative and especially more congenial than any of the single-type communities.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ

It's difficult for me to express appreciation for INTPs without spilling NF all over the place.

Disillusioned, bitter, cynical INTPs are annoying as heck and I can't bear their presence.

Healthy, curious, mature INTPs are fantastic creations that would cause me to believe in a loving, creative, mind-blowingly beautiful God when nothing else would.

(Which is delightfully ironic, given the propensity of INTPs on these forums to express die-hard atheism.)

MBTI
    INFP

INTPs are great as long as you don't ask too much* of them.

*You will inevitably underestimate this. Just don't expect anything.

I appreciate INTPs.
    I like the way they think.
    I'm 99% positive that my dad is an INTP, he and my ENFP mum are the two most interesting people I know. He has hundreds of books on practically every subject under the sun... philosophy, psychology, history ect... (though mostly factual books as he only read fiction on holidays, but saying this he has introduced me to most of my favourite fiction authors) and he is just generally a very interesting person to talk to and I am proud that he is my father. He is an astro-physicist but works in IT. And presuming he is an INTP, he fits the idea of "knowledge for knowledge's sake..."
    Introverted: 100%
    INtuition: 95%
    Feeling: 58%
    Perceiving: 89%

5w4 sp/sx

INFP.gc

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EsoteriEccentri View Post
    I appreciate INTPs.
    I like the way they think.
    I'm 99% positive that my dad is an INTP, he and my ENFP mum are the two most interesting people I know. He has hundreds of books on practically every subject under the sun... philosophy, psychology, history ect... (though mostly factual books as he only read fiction on holidays, but saying this he has introduced me to most of my favourite fiction authors) and he is just generally a very interesting person to talk to and I am proud that he is my father. He is an astro-physicist but works in IT. And presuming he is an INTP, he fits the idea of "knowledge for knowledge's sake..."
    If your parents are ENFP and INTP, then that makes you a neat little amalgamation of the two.
    Every time I hear about these rather common ENFP/INTP relationships, it stirs a lot of thoughts. I have a female ENFP friend, and naturally the first thing that comes to mind is being in a relationship with her, which makes me snicker.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    If your parents are ENFP and INTP, then that makes you a neat little amalgamation of the two.
    Every time I hear about these rather common ENFP/INTP relationships, it stirs a lot of thoughts. I have a female ENFP friend, and naturally the first thing that comes to mind is being in a relationship with her, which makes me snicker.
    I know! ^^ I'm the perfect mix of the two, especially seeing as my mum has been tested and she is quite low on E for an extrovert - though definitely an extrovert, and at a random guess I'd say my Dad was quite high on F for a thinker - (though maybe I just hope that is true! He's bound to know his myer briggs type, I'll ask next time I see him. But my mum is positive he's INTP aswell so I don't think we'll be surprised xP)

Unfortunately, though, I fear I inherited the bad characteristics of both, rather than the good. =( Plus new bad characteristics thrown in for good measure that aren't in either of them.
    Introverted: 100%
    INtuition: 95%
    Feeling: 58%
    Perceiving: 89%

5w4 sp/sx

INFP.gc

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EsoteriEccentri View Post
    I know! ^^ I'm the perfect mix of the two, especially seeing as my mum has been tested and she is quite low on E for an extrovert - though definitely an extrovert, and at a random guess I'd say my Dad was quite high on F for a thinker - (though maybe I just hope that is true! He's bound to know his myer briggs type, I'll ask next time I see him. But my mum is positive he's INTP aswell so I don't think we'll be surprised xP)

Unfortunately, though, I fear I inherited the bad characteristics of both, rather than the good. =( Plus new bad characteristics thrown in for good measure that aren't in either of them.
    Oh, pshaw. I'm sure you inherited plenty of good qualities.

I'm very IN, but I don't score strongly on TP. Still, I'm basically always an INTP according to tests.
    Go to sleep, iguana.