• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
How fast do we appreciate?

Past performance is not a guide to future INTP performance, and the value of INTPs can go down as well as up. You should seek independent advice before investing in an INTP.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Past performance is not a guide to future INTP performance, and the value of INTPs can go down as well as up. You should seek independent advice before investing in an INTP.

:rofl1:

To add in to that: The seller claims no liability for any defect found in the sale item. Buyers are advised to first check their INTP for malfunctions before purchase.

----

INTP appreciation:

I'm cute! :static: I'm lovable! :static: I'm adorable! :static:

like hell. :devil:

:rofl1:

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
I just stopped in to bask in the well deserved appreciation, I expected more.

Oh well.

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
I just stopped in to bask in the well deserved appreciation, I expected more.

Oh well.

Greatness is never appreciated in its own lifetime. Kinda makes reincarnation a better choice, huh?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just remember INTPs: no matter how bad it gets, at least we're not ENFP.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP

:rofl1:I like this one.

How about:

INTPs can fall off their own weight
The INTP is your friend.
Sit tight, the INTP is always right
:D

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
The ones here are all very intelligent and playful/funny.

In real life I think they may be the ones who correct the logic in my non-logical ideas/opinions. I think one aquantance of mine is probably INTP, and it was fun talking about theoretical stuff with him, although he out-theorized me most of the time because he was very much rational and logical while mine were a bit more idealistic and crazy :D I like him, he's a good guy, but I don't see him a lot these days.

You guys bust my balls sometimes though :D I always get into the ethics and values but you guys hit me with reality. It can be a lot of fun though, just shooting ideas.

Oh, and thanks for all the science and stuff, too, even if I nearly fail the classes :D

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Many INTPs are:

- Intelligent
- Their love is pure. Unadulterated by complexities.
- Loyal
- Caring
- Great company to explore the world both physical and of ideas.

:)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I have one question:

So far, I only saw INTPs using irony one way, I mean, only to inflate their already vastly overrated egos... Just like a 12 years old child would do.

But could it be possible that mature INTPs would learn to use irony the other way, I mean self-deprecating humor, TRUE irony, made to deflate their heads and face the real world instead?

---

Anyway. Here is my impression of my two days vacation on INTP central:

YouTube - Monty Python - Job Interview

But I have to confess, I secretly enjoyed their attemps to humiliate me or any foreigner. Does that make me a pervert?
Whip and handcuffs, please...
banane-sadomaso.gif

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Another :azdaja: for this comment.

And I as ENFP's could say.....:devil:
...nothing. Forget it. I'm too nice for that. :devil:

Maybe it's self-deprecating irony after all...

The INTPs will never know how it feels to be chronically happy and at peace with yourself, so that makes the ENFPs the paragon of everything they'd aspire to be, one day... :alttongue:
How tragic.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Maybe it's self-deprecating irony after all...

The INTPs will never know how it feels to be chronically happy and at peace with yourself, so that makes the ENFPs the paragon of everything they'd aspire to be, one day... :alttongue:
How tragic.

Half true. I don't know how it feels to be chronically happy and a peace with myself:violin:, but I am obsessive about self-improvement. I believe I will soon ascend to some high level of happierness. There is a lot I like about myself. I would not say the ENFP is the paragon of *everything* I aspire to be.

I personally don't believe we have to be constrained by MBTI model. We can develop "character within the framework of our temperament"

I want to develop more E, F and J. I've already developed some J. I can see how I would develop E, not yet sure how I would develop F. I know of at least one person who has developed his E. He says part of him is still introverted, esp. within the context of a crowd. He wrote about it in the current issue of psychology today.:biggrin:

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I have one question:

So far, I only saw INTPs using irony one way, I mean, only to inflate their already vastly overrated egos... Just like a 12 years old child would do.

But could it be possible that mature INTPs would learn to use irony the other way, I mean self-deprecating humor, TRUE irony, made to deflate their heads and face the real world instead?

---

Anyway. Here is my impression of my two days vacation on INTP central:

YouTube - Monty Python - Job Interview

I have a theory that different cultures are predisposed to be of a certain personaility type. Italians are on the whole ENFPs, Japanese INFJs, British INTPs, Indians INTJs.

I'm a British INTP but only by nationality. I am an atypical Indian.

I have the interviewers whacky sense of humor, but only in private. Other people rarely see that side of me.

But I have to confess, I secretly enjoyed their attemps to humiliate me or any foreigner. Does that make me a pervert?
banane-sadomaso.gif

Yes, we tend to wield our Ne like a whip.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I have one question:

[/img]

:hug: I love you too...