Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I do have one serious positive thing to say about INTPs...

Steve. Yzerman.

Gimme.
    How do you know Yzerman is INTP?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    One one one INTP's are my favorite type to have a conversation with. In groups it can take a while before you realize that INTP's are intolerable. (And no I am not referring to INTPc.) INTP's shine when they are solo.
    What do you mean "intolerable"?
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Priam View Post
    Psst. It's ironic coming from an E too!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Maybe sorta like "so brilliantly radiant [or radiantly brilliant?] that mortal beings cannot look at us and live."

Yeah. That.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Maybe sorta like "so brilliantly radiant [or radiantly brilliant?] that mortal beings cannot look at us and live."

Yeah. That.
    I'd also be willing to accept that, like the Great Old Ones of days before days, to merely look at us is to know madness and despair.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Jennifer Rl'yeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'd also be willing to accept that, like the Great Old Ones of days before days, to merely look at us is to know madness and despair.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Jennifer Rl'yeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"
    Wow, I love you!

(Come 'ere and gimme a big hug with those omnipotent slavering tentacle thingies of yours!)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

I think it's that whole "I've got it all worked out and flowcharted in my head and because what you're proposing (or heaven forbid doing) isn't on the chart, you're absolutely wrong and I have no use for you" thing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I think it's that whole "I've got it all worked out and flowcharted in my head and because what you're proposing (or heaven forbid doing) isn't on the chart, you're absolutely wrong and I have no use for you" thing.
    Honestly, that's more INTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It could mean several things, but some of the negative qualities I've observed of INTP's in groups include:

Xenophobia, drama, mutual enabling, intolerance, pharisaicalness, and even outright cruelty.

I should also point out many other Introverts have similar problems in groups of all or mostly the same type, so it isn't unique to INTP's. In fact, it might be dangerous to have too many of the same type in almost any group.

And of course, I cannot stress enough that INTP's as individuals more than make up for this, and can thrive in more diverse, healthy groups. In such groups (and individually) they can display:

General helpfulness, insight, constructive criticism, humor, and new ideas.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Honestly, that's more INTJ.
    Yup.

No wonder Obie and I get into skirmishes, if he keeps thinking that's what I'm thinking.

It's more like seeing an entire system of wheels and beams and a myriad of things all perfectly balanced and everything clarified, and as soon as someone says or does something you can see exactly how the system will respond.

What someone chooses to do is up to them. I am not demanding any control or "finding a use for someone." But I can and will tell them what will most likely happen to the system if they do/say a particular thing. Or if they are trying to describe the system in a way that does not balance.

And that outcome can't be changed just because I want to change it -- I can only change my assessment if you change/update the system itself.

So I'm just the messenger, not the machinator.