• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: how transparent are you

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say about 8. I usually try to be very clear about my feelings/motivations coz I don't see much benefit that can be gained from hiding my feelings/motivations. That however doesn't mean I don't "adjust" when I deem it necessary.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At work about 1, on the internet about 7, at home about 10.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You take your pants off as soon as you're inside the door, don't you! :rofl1:

Hah, most of the time yes. I spend a lot of time in my skin, or at the very least get into something more comfortable. :p

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Lying is a lot more effort than it's worth. Figures some NTs are too lazy for it.

Funny you should say that, because I often lie because it is easier than telling the truth.

I play my cards close to my chest for the most part, so about 3.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Funny you should say that, because I often lie because it is easier than telling the truth.

I typically lie only by omission -- not intervening to make sure someone doesn't get the wrong idea -- although I don't much do that either anymore.

To lie directly is a violation of my truth ideals, even in situations where it seems like someone doesn't need to know my personal business. I don't really like it...

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm direct and I don't hide hardly anything. On the other hand I don't go out of my way to share things about myself either. What kind of score can I get with that?

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm transparent about as much as possible so the few things I'm not transparent on, no one suspects I'm hiding anything.
^
This and if anyone knows me well and shares my values I am an open book :) Mind you - very few know me well :devil:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I imagine I'm an 8 or 9 to most people. Mostly because the motivations behind my actions are easily misunderstood by others (esp SJs), and even if I felt like it, there isn't always the right time to fill people in. For instance, in my recent work review, I was told that it was apparant that I was trying to advance my career by taking on more responsibility on improving a certain software tool that I'm forced to use. I explained that the reason I went through all the trouble of setting up meetings, canvasing opinions, keeping notes, mocking screens up is because the tool is crap and I'm tired of using it everyday as is.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle, around a 5.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'd say about a two. I'm a lier who will confess the lie if I'm busted, so I tend to only lie for amusement.