• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP, falling in love easily

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
OP made me think of Gang of Four, "love is like a case of anthrax, and that's something I dont wanna catch."

Sometimes I think I'm immune.

I'm more romantic than that though. I wish I did.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you ever felt that you fall in love too easily?

Hah, definatly not.

Judging from the fact how often I fell in love, and the fact of how long it took for me to fall in love with that person after getting to know that person.

Then no. It's a wonder I've actually fallen in love in my life.

Like, once.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah, I'd say hormones aside I've fallen in love once, but I'm starting to attribute hormones to this 'only one' as well.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, like mirrorguy, I'm not talking about physical impulses and 'crushes' and such, ofcourse. If arousement counts, it'd be somewhere in the thousands. :p

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Love is hormones. But you've got to have certain mental/emotional stuff going on to get to the hormones.

You've got to be excited about future possibilities of committing time to another person, which is hard for intps. That's my intuited theory of the moment, anyway.

It's too easy to rationalize out of love based on seeing big picture possible incompatibilties.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Love? No. There's too much involved for it to happen easily. It's an excruciating process, falling in and falling out. But, if it happened easily it wouldn't have any significance.

Crushes, on the other hand, tend to happen easily, like the others said.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
No--I used to crush easily when I was younger, but don't anymore. Definitely don't fall in love easily. If it's the absolute right person and I feel totally safe, I think I could, though.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not for me. Only happened once. The rest ranged from deep liking/BF-love to intense crushes.

streetlightfancy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm not INTP but many of my guy friends are. What is interesting about their outlook on love and relationships is that while they see it as a very rare occurrence, love is always something to strive for. It is something they search for. They don't like being in relationships (I know of two who don't even care to engage in casual sex) unless they are in love. I guess it makes sense... some could say that NFs fall in love too easily because their feelings aren't genuine, (because they aren't rational). I guess NTs (or Ts in general) are blessed to see beyond what is a transient feeling... But is that even the point of love?

Last edited:

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I had one "crush" in high school. I secretly adored her for three years before I finally plucked up the courage to ask her out---and she said yes! Unfortunately, she graduated at the end of my Junior year and we went our separate ways, and I haven't felt quite the same about anybody else I've run across yet. In a rather indirect way, does that answer your question?

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not INTP but many of my guy friends are. What is interesting about their outlook on love and relationships is that while they see it as a very rare occurrence, love is always something to strive for. It is something they search for. They don't like being in relationships (I know of two who don't even care to engage in casual sex) unless they are in love. I guess it makes sense... some could say that NFs fall in love too easily because their feelings aren't genuine, (because they aren't rational). I guess NTs (or Ts in general) are blessed to see beyond what is a transient feeling... Or is that even the point of love?

Hmm. This seems to ring true with me. I'm of the opinion that to "fall in love easily" one must be a little irrational about it (or the person one is "falling" for), and that's just not something I could see myself (an INTx) doing. I rationalize away a lot of things and feelings and really scrutinize situations and people before figuring out how I feel.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP's don't fall in love, we slowly descent down in love with climbing tools, ropes and safety guards.

Unique

I'm not INTP but many of my guy friends are. What is interesting about their outlook on love and relationships is that while they see it as a very rare occurrence, love is always something to strive for. It is something they search for. They don't like being in relationships (I know of two who don't even care to engage in casual sex) unless they are in love. I guess it makes sense... some could say that NFs fall in love too easily because their feelings aren't genuine, (because they aren't rational). I guess NTs (or Ts in general) are blessed to see beyond what is a transient feeling... Or is that even the point of love?

:yes:

Glad someone had the courage to say something like this

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Like streetlightfancy mentioned, it's always something to strive for. It took me a long time to fall in love and so when it finally happened, I fell pretty hard (freaking NF's :D). In hindsight, it almost felt like I was walking down the road, perfectly content in my little rational, NT world and then I fell into a large, gaping pothole. The fall was exhilirating, fun, and memorable. It made me forget about "my world" and focus on someone else and their happiness for a while. But when I hit the bottom and had to pull myself back up out of the pothole, I was hurt pretty badly and had trouble finding my way back to my normal path for a while.

Once you fall hard and experience the pain that comes along with it, you become wiser. I don't want to make it "difficult" to fall in love again, but it will be a more rational process for me going forward.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop

We may love faster and we may fall out of love abruptly but we love with all the passion in the world, always.

Doesn't mean NTs love more than we do or their love is more genuine. Love can hardy be defined nor rationalized.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Have you ever felt that you fall in love too easily?
Love, no. Crushes and infatuations, yes.

Other than the diss at NFs, I identify and agree with this. Insightful post.