yikes.Not an INTP but have 3 ex's who were, of which one became an ex in the past week.
To easily explain it, their internal dialogue goes something like this:
- Wow, I'm infatuated, crazy, can't get enough of her!! *bounce, bounce, head in the clouds*
- She loves me back!! *bounce, bounce, head in the clouds*
- But why does she love me? How can she love me with a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z faults and reason why not? If she sees a, b, c, d, she won't love me anymore, so I'd better hide them. And e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l will really turn her off, so I'd better hide them. M, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w better be hidden too. And y, z are little things, so I can let her see these.
- God, I'm so stressed and overwhelmed hiding a - w. She doesn't really love me because she doesn't know me. Once I show her everything, she won't love me anymore, so how can she love me now?
- I don't love her. How can I love someone who only loves someone who she doesn't know? This relationship can't work. I need some space. *withdraws*
- Wash, rinse, repeat a few times.
- She broke up with me. I knew she didn't love me. What went wrong? What did I do?