User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm not INTP but many of my guy friends are. What is interesting about their outlook on love and relationships is that while they see it as a very rare occurrence, love is always something to strive for. It is something they search for. They don't like being in relationships (I know of two who don't even care to engage in casual sex) unless they are in love. I guess it makes sense... some could say that NFs fall in love too easily because their feelings aren't genuine, (because they aren't rational). I guess NTs (or Ts in general) are blessed to see beyond what is a transient feeling... But is that even the point of love?
    Last edited by streetlightfancy; 08-22-2010 at 10:45 PM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I had one "crush" in high school. I secretly adored her for three years before I finally plucked up the courage to ask her out---and she said yes! Unfortunately, she graduated at the end of my Junior year and we went our separate ways, and I haven't felt quite the same about anybody else I've run across yet. In a rather indirect way, does that answer your question?

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightfancy View Post
    I'm not INTP but many of my guy friends are. What is interesting about their outlook on love and relationships is that while they see it as a very rare occurrence, love is always something to strive for. It is something they search for. They don't like being in relationships (I know of two who don't even care to engage in casual sex) unless they are in love. I guess it makes sense... some could say that NFs fall in love too easily because their feelings aren't genuine, (because they aren't rational). I guess NTs (or Ts in general) are blessed to see beyond what is a transient feeling... Or is that even the point of love?
    Hmm. This seems to ring true with me. I'm of the opinion that to "fall in love easily" one must be a little irrational about it (or the person one is "falling" for), and that's just not something I could see myself (an INTx) doing. I rationalize away a lot of things and feelings and really scrutinize situations and people before figuring out how I feel.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

INTP's don't fall in love, we slowly descent down in love with climbing tools, ropes and safety guards.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    INTP's don't fall in love, we slowly descent down in love with climbing tools, ropes and safety guards.
    Indeed!

Don't forget the helmet and the flashlight.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

I'm not INTP but many of my guy friends are. What is interesting about their outlook on love and relationships is that while they see it as a very rare occurrence, love is always something to strive for. It is something they search for. They don't like being in relationships (I know of two who don't even care to engage in casual sex) unless they are in love. I guess it makes sense... some could say that NFs fall in love too easily because their feelings aren't genuine, (because they aren't rational). I guess NTs (or Ts in general) are blessed to see beyond what is a transient feeling... Or is that even the point of love?

Glad someone had the courage to say something like this

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

some could say that NFs fall in love too easily because their feelings aren't genuine, (because they aren't rational).

Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Like streetlightfancy mentioned, it's always something to strive for. It took me a long time to fall in love and so when it finally happened, I fell pretty hard (freaking NF's ). In hindsight, it almost felt like I was walking down the road, perfectly content in my little rational, NT world and then I fell into a large, gaping pothole. The fall was exhilirating, fun, and memorable. It made me forget about "my world" and focus on someone else and their happiness for a while. But when I hit the bottom and had to pull myself back up out of the pothole, I was hurt pretty badly and had trouble finding my way back to my normal path for a while.

Once you fall hard and experience the pain that comes along with it, you become wiser. I don't want to make it "difficult" to fall in love again, but it will be a more rational process for me going forward.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

We may love faster and we may fall out of love abruptly but we love with all the passion in the world, always.

Doesn't mean NTs love more than we do or their love is more genuine. Love can hardy be defined nor rationalized.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSoprano View Post
    Have you ever felt that you fall in love too easily?
    Love, no. Crushes and infatuations, yes.

Other than the diss at NFs, I identify and agree with this. Insightful post.
    i just want to be a sweetheart