• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Oi Forums People: How Do I Vibe?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I recon get what you're saying but I don't think I relate. My need to consider other people's feelings in everything I did was something taught and drilled into me at a young age, in a conscious way. It was taught in both an emotive and rational way so it made sense.

Who I really am and who I presented as a teen growing up were two different things but for reasons unrelated to type.

I think one thing that accentuated Fe was I naturally sought feedback and I was capable of getting positive feedback most of the time when I was young, particularly for things that involved sharing and thinking of others etc. That changed to only getting negative feedback when I was about 15. My lead functions were still Ne-Ti but I didn't express myself in a manner that would draw attention, because it would never be good.

That makes sense to me!

In my own case, my Mom was INFJ, and I grew up with simple rules such as "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all," along with more formal rules of politeness. She is also responsible for my generally good grammar. When I was 8, she was correcting me with respect to the subjective tense: "You say, 'If I were there,' not 'If I was there.'" As a result, the kids at school thought my speech patterns were odd.

Grammar or behavior ... the lessons we learn when we are young stay with us throughout our lives. I suspect that type only affects how we store such lessons in our minds.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
That makes sense to me!

In my own case, my Mom was INFJ, and I grew up with simple rules such as "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all," along with more formal rules of politeness. She is also responsible for my generally good grammar. When I was 8, she was correcting me with respect to the subjective tense: "You say, 'If I were there,' not 'If I was there.'" As a result, the kids at school thought my speech patterns were odd.

Grammar or behavior ... the lessons we learn when we are young stay with us throughout our lives. I suspect that type only affects how we store such lessons in our minds.

It was nice when I discovered that yes, English did have a subjunctive mood. It made it much easier to learn Spanish at that point. Would that I had known it earlier.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
And some 30 year olds :D
I think the 15 year olds are more confused. I'm also confused, I just prioritize what to get unconfused about. So, you've probably sorted out your confusion about different things. :yes: Or just spent a lot of time doing other awesome things. ^_^

You sound very mature for your years.
:blush: Thanks. I am told that somewhat frequently. The rest of the time I get told to please stop acting like a five year old. :D

Interesting point. My mother is an ESFJ so Fe values were things I was made to think about from a young age. Oooh maybe I could blame her! :D
My mom is more Fi I think, but she has strong Fe. I think that may have contributed to taking a while to develop Fe. It's not a major function to anyone in my house. It just was essential to allowing me to interact with others how I wanted.

Also interesting. Much of the time I'm not even sure where my defences end and the real me starts.
Hmm. I dunno. I have a lot of hidden insecurities about everything (naturally. I'm 18. How could I avoid that one...) but I usually ignore them. While they exist at a deeper level than my usual actions, they aren't me. I also pay some attention to the sort of person I want to be. I figure that if I enjoy being the person I wanted to be, that's a sign I'm doing something right. I am now much closer to the person I wanted to be 3 years ago, and that makes me happy. Mostly, that's due to developing Fe. Being true to myself is not something that comes easily, because I am still very young and have spent more time with walls than without. I'm sure I have defenses intertwined with my more natural personality, but there is a big difference between that an an outright wall.

On the other hand, I'm not always sure how much understanding exactly what you are is important, as long as you like how you are. My reason for spending so much time untangling myself is that I had blocked people out since I was around 9, and that made me somewhat emotionally screwed up. So tearing down my walls and figuring out how to trust people has been somewhat difficult. I think I'm getting to where analyzing myself is just for the enjoyment of my NeTi and not so necessary though. :D You seem confused, but you also seem awesome, which points to the confusion being somewhat irrelevant.

wolfy

awsm
You vibe in a similar way to other entp here. The random stuff is random. I think once the issue is clear you move on and that explains the kill thing. Because you are interested in people and type you stop and think how to best approach the person. You seem entp to me.

I think you have always come across as authentic.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Kekeke maybe Trinity can jump onto the ENFP bandwagon? ;)

I'm not sure how to type you to be honest, I think you at least resemble F's with a strong T side. ENFP's and INJFJ's often have a strong like for logic, but they still have that F to go 'hmmmmm do I really want to say that though?'. Being NF would also explain your optimism. I dunno, how would you rank your functions?