User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    ...In terms of other ENTPs?

Excuse the self indulgence but I'm curious because as much as I relate to other ENTPs I don't see myself as presenting the same way. I feel too fluffy and iunno, squishy Fe or something equally disturbing.

I'm wondering if enneagram plays a role here, in terms of Tritype I'm a 9w8 second. I just don't feel like I go for the jugular as much as other ENTPs do, I don't even think about it and hold back, it's just not me. My 8 wing plays out more with selfishness or self drive than running over others. I also think I'm more trusting of other people's intentions, maybe more I should be.

If Whatever was still claiming ENTP I wouldn't be curious cause I can so see similarities in her, but she's deserted the NT camp for greener, more colour intensive pastures of the SP camp

And don't make me uncomfortable with compliments, I'm not fishing for them, my ego is full up already, oh yeah!
    The stereotypes are useful. I think of them as 0th or 1st order guesses, to be refined by actually getting to know someone. It's tempting to think of ENTPs as people who habitually go for the jugular (or more aptly, for lots of pinpricks and paper cuts), as they spar with their ideas, because those tend to be the examples that appear on the forum, with the lemony twist of internet (non)etiquette.

The forum venue (and text-based internet in general) distorts personality and communication style. I find that all too many people give in to the temptation of using the "internet shield," scoring little personal pricks and jibes against others online with a degree of anonymity that prevents the usual real life feedback that prevents such behavior. MBTI type doesn't appear to make a difference in terms of giving in to this temptation, but those who give in are fairly easy to type, because the INTJ jerks tend to act one way, and the ENTP jerks tend to act another way, and so on and so forth through all the types. When one airs one's dirty laundry this way, the MBTI type often seems to fit like a glove, not a box ... especially the negative attributes.

It is when one does not give in to such temptations, when one maintains one's integrity in spite of the high degree of anonymity, that it is suddenly difficult for forumites to determine type by behavior/style. "Oh crap ... it's a nice normal person ... I can't tell what type they are ..."

So even though you're not fishing for compliments, you deserve them anyway. You are a wonderful person with both charm and integrity who won't take every opportunity to knock others down a peg or two, and this would make it hard to type you no matter your type. You are an ENTP, and you remind me of many other curious, playful and graceful ENTPs I know in my life.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

jugular ? Is that something nasty ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    The stereotypes are useful. I think of them as 0th or 1st order guesses, to be refined by actually getting to know someone. It's tempting to think of ENTPs as people who habitually go for the jugular (or more aptly, for lots of pinpricks and paper cuts), as they spar with their ideas, because those tend to be the examples that appear on the forum, with the lemony twist of internet (non)etiquette.
    It's not just online. And these aren't stereotypes - they are personality types, there is justification for observing and identifying patterns, or else fuck typology and fuck typing anyone! ENTPs are like a poorly cultivated clay soil to me. They can seem squishy on the surface, but dig a little deeper and you find a rock hard impenetrable pan.
    INTPs are the opposite, dry and crusty on the surface, but dig a little deeper and they really open up, you can sink your roots in forever. This is just my impression, you understand, and it is probably based on having a profound mistrust of Fe, especially ENTP Fe, which always comes across to me as phoney. I see through it instantly. I'm very sensitive to that vibe and I never get it from Trin.
    There is a neediness about ENTPs too. They need to have their egos stroked constantly. They need to feel special and be the centre of attention. They have a tendency to be narcissistic (all EXXPs do). That's just not Trin. (Of course they have wonderful qualities too, I'm just focusing on the negative stuff.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

In all honesty, when I was new here I thought you were more INFP'ish than ENTP'ish. Vibe-wise.

You seem to back out at all the right times when things get either inappropiate or just plain boring. Not very much like the average ENTP on the forum that likes to stick its teeth in just a little bit more.

Then I realized, you're just another ENTP but due to blue you apply your sense of responsibility where normal member ENTP's wouldn't, and it comes off as INFP'ish sometimes.

Blue screwed you up royally.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    It's not just online. And these aren't stereotypes - they are personality types, there is justification for observing and identifying patterns, or else fuck typology and fuck typing anyone! ENTPs are like a poorly cultivated clay soil to me. They can seem squishy on the surface, but dig a little deeper and you find a rock hard impenetrable pan.
    INTPs are the opposite, dry and crusty on the surface, but dig a little deeper and they really open up, you can sink your roots in forever. This is just my impression, you understand, and it is probably based on having a profound mistrust of Fe, especially ENTP Fe, which always comes across to me as phoney. I see through it instantly. I'm very sensitive to that vibe and I never get it from Trin.
    There is a neediness about ENTPs too. They need to have their egos stroked constantly. They need to feel special and be the centre of attention. They have a tendency to be narcissistic (all EXXPs do). That's just not Trin. (Of course they have wonderful qualities too, I'm just focusing on the negative stuff.)
    You begin to strike me like those woman on tv shows, who condemned the male human race because they had a bad night with one.

Becoming a bit more entp wouldnt hurt you, me thinks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You begin to strike me like those woman on tv shows, who condemned the male human race because they had a bad night with one.

Becoming a bit more entp wouldnt hurt you, me thinks.
    Fuck off.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

sorry, I didnt want to say that

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

It's not just online.
    Online magnifies certain negative traits. Negative traits are present in real life, too, but they're better hidden.

And these aren't stereotypes - they are personality types, there is justification for observing and identifying patterns, or else fuck typology and fuck typing anyone!
    The patterns and typology exist. I'm pointing out certain lenses that can affect what the patterns look like.

ENTPs are like a poorly cultivated clay soil to me. They can seem squishy on the surface, but dig a little deeper and you find a rock hard impenetrable pan.
    Interestingly, Trin has in the past expressed serious doubts about my being INTJ, because I lacked the "harshness." It was a totally valid observation. I find it ironic that people would disbelieve that she is ENTP because she's too nice.

I believe it's possible to have one's core type be colored by other things that are more evident in personality. The way I look at it is that the Jungian cognitive functions strongly affect how one perceives and judges the world, and that is reflected in various patterns one sees in personality and personality types. However, the correlation is not 100%. People absorb the judgments and behaviors of those around them, and adopt them for their own. The processing behind the scenes is still the core type, but the effective judgments and decisions can be those that are "stereotypical" of other types, often giving a confusing impression.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yeah. It's possible I'm just prejudiced against ENTPs. I've known some shitty ones. But bear in mind that this thread was only created because she doesn't really identify with other ENTPs herself.

Fuck off.
    Charming.