• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP/ENFP Introversion Moments

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know this has been discussed. But for me it's the most annoying thing so I decided to start a new thread to maybe get some fresh ideas.

I get introverted and I lose the Ne thing. I then I start analyzing all the stupid shit around me. It's like I get stuck on Ti. I get really obsessed with details. Sometimes my introverted moments are nice, sometimes they're a major pain in the ass because I get anxious too. I get absorbed within myself. For no reason.
It just happens.

It's not like I'm depressed (though sometimes I am ) ...I'm not sad ...I'm just...living within myself...thinking..anxious. I stop being comfortable on the outside. It's just driving me crazy because of the anxiety that's related with this.

I just wanna share stories...experiences about this, and maybe find some kind of solution. I have nothing against the introversion...maybe I need to charge my batteries from time to time, I'm ok with that, but I see no point and no meaning for the anxiety.

Maybe someone can help me with this...because till now the only solution I found is waiting for this to go away.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I know this has been discussed. But for me it's the most annoying thing so I decided to start a new thread to maybe get some fresh ideas.

I get introverted and I lose the Ne thing. I then I start analyzing all the stupid shit around me. It's like I get stuck on Ti. I get really obsessed with details. Sometimes my introverted moments are nice, sometimes they're a major pain in the ass because I get anxious too. I get absorbed within myself. For no reason.
It just happens.

It's not like I'm depressed (though sometimes I am ) ...I'm not sad ...I'm just...living within myself...thinking..anxious. I stop being comfortable on the outside. It's just driving me crazy because of the anxiety that's related with this.

I just wanna share stories...experiences about this, and maybe find some kind of solution. I have nothing against the introversion...maybe I need to charge my batteries from time to time, I'm ok with that, but I see no point and no meaning for the anxiety.

Maybe someone can help me with this...because till now the only solution I found is waiting for this to go away.

Welcome to our world (INTP's). Seriously though, I would just try to learn to be comfortable with it. If Ti is your aux function, then it's going to be there with you for the long haul. Learn to love it. Instead of resisting it, allow it to happen. It will feed your Ne. And Ne will feed it. I see them as a "team" - I'm at my best when they work together. I've known 2 excellent public speakers. When I say excellent, I mean they really move people. People respond to what they are saying. But, both of these individuals are Ne/Ti. One is ENTP, the other is probably xNTP. They go into these modes where they just study and analyze and learn and hibernate. And then when they come out of those modes and back into Ne, they are awesome to listen to. They've soaked in so much information through Ti that they have to release it, they have to share it, and it comes out in the form of a great, moving speech. Without Ti, the speech never happens. They'd just be up there acting silly and being funny. Still entertaining, but not as valuable for the listeners.

About the anxiety, maybe you're feeling anxious because you're not funneling the stuff back through Ne (talking about it with someone, sharing your knowledge - through teaching, talking to friends, explaining to those who don't have the same insight, etc.). Ti can take in soooo much information. It devours information. But, I've found that it needs to come out. After a while it gets to the point where I'm just bursting with information. And if I don't talk about my ideas via Ne with someone (eventually), then I start feeling overwhelmed.

To draw an analogy, any healthy body of water (where fish are thriving) has both an inlet and an outlet. It is being fed new water from somewhere and it then releases water. There's always the "in with the new" and "out with the old". It is always flowing through the body of water. When there is not both an inlet and an outlet (i.e. the Dead Sea), then life cannot remain there. It is uninhabitable. That's why there is no life in the dead sea. I find the same to be true with the information I take in via Ti. I take information in in large doses, but I have to find an outlet for it. Otherwise it just wells up inside of me and I become frustrated, antsy, short-tempered, and the list is longer than that.

Find a way to somehow connect Ti with Ne. Don't let them be two separate functions that don't cooperate with each other. They will often take place one at a time, but the fruit of Ti should feed Ne and vice versa.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I had that when I still smoked pot regulary. Wasnt tho like loosing your Ne, more like loosing your connection to the people surrounding you and finally to the real world. Ne was working as a generator for paranoia, while Ti tried to make never-existant sense out of it and Fe was gone.

Hyper-sensibility, anxiety, fear of leaving the house... that all sounds familiar to me.

Lots of beer abuse helped me to regain my disproportianate self-confidence, tho that's probably not helping you. You should maybe think about taking counselling, cause if your feelings the same like mine was, escaping that alone could be hard, especially if you suffer from paranoia :/

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I like Ti. It's just annoying without Ne.

I can't really understand exactly how this works. It's like I use Ne too much, I get too extraverted, I go out all day, many days, and then it's like hitting a brick wall. I'm forced to go back within myself. I get anxious around people, this really stops me from doing most social things...I go back to analizing and that's pretty much what I do.

Not that I don't use Ti when I go out and when I come back home for a couple of hours...but...I don't know...maybe I'm not using it enough?! And it needs to take control to tell me it's there?! Does that make any sense!?

The reason for the anxiety is the lack of Ne...so ... if I connect them at the right time when Ti becomes somewhat more dominant it will be ok. I will be at peace, in a quiet room reading thinking analizing. Which sounds very peachy....Except for the part where I actually can't push Ne back in like a plug.

But this is a good rational explanation, the best one I have right now.

All I have to do is to find a way to put this in practice. Which I don't really know how.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe it's just a phase or an emotion you didnt attend to.

Like the girl you wanted to ask out but missed your chance.

I dunno, whats for sure tho: you cant control Ne, never and everyone who thinks different thinks wrong. If you control to much with your Ti you'll loose your perception and narrow it down into a strong judgement

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I had that when I still smoked pot regulary. Wasnt tho like loosing your Ne, more like loosing your connection to the people surrounding you and finally to the real world. Ne was working as a generator for paranoia, while Ti tried to make never-existant sense out of it and Fe was gone.

Hyper-sensibility, anxiety, fear of leaving the house... that all sounds familiar to me.

Lots of beer abuse helped me to regain my disproportianate self-confidence, tho that's probably not helping you. You should maybe think about taking counselling, cause if your feelings the same like mine was, escaping that alone could be hard, especially if you suffer from paranoia :/

I don't smoke pot because it makes me anxious. Most of the time I'm happy, and I'm not anxious. But from time to time, I feel really weird.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well maybe you try it, you seem so tense :D

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
Resist it if you can. God knows I've tried. And with my Fi, I feel like a crazy person when it happens. Shit, I've been feeling queasy ALL DAY, because of, NOTHING!

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have three friends I'll talk things through with if I'm in that sort of mode. I haven't had any sort of luck waiting for it to go away, but talking with my very closest friends helps a ton. Or sometimes reading fluff or humor ^.^ I have to wait until I've had some alone time for talking to help, but it is what ultimately gets me back to cheerfulness.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It just happens.

I don't know any ENTPs personally, but I have a close friend who is an ENFP. Every so often, she goes into this mode where she gets depressed and shuts off all contact with anybody else for several days. I wonder if it might be the same kind of thing you're experiencing. Maybe Ne just wears people out who use it that much. I know you said you don't get depressed, but I wonder if that might be different because your second function is Ti instead of Fi.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yea Ne just wears out after a while. The ENTP 'Mojo'.

Without it things look pretty shitty :))