User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Problems with IQ, tests ect..

Ok i'm pretty sure most of you if not all of you have taken an IQ test at some point in your life. I've taken a few on the internet and have been given varied results. It ranges from about 105(average) to about 126(high above average).

It doesn't make sense to me at all. On the one hand i'm an average joe and the other pretty intellegent. I'm very lazy at high school (i'm in grade 10) doing no studying and minimal(intp-ish?) work but I manage to pull off about a B average, about 10 percent above the class average. So then how can I have an average Iq? Or why if I do have a 126 IQ am I not on the roll of honor for acedemics or something similar.

Your thoughts?
    Inno A Satana

I:11% Intuitive:88% Thinking:62% Perceiving: 67%

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

IQ tests depend on a lot of factors dropping into place, like sleep, for them to be a fair assessment and also not all IQ tests are created equal.

Personally I'd pay it no mind. It tests a small part of the brains capabilities and is generally only referred to as anything important by those who don't know any better.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, first of all grades is only about 1/3 down to your intelligence, and the rest is about how hard and well you work. An IQ in the 125 area does not at all mean your grade average will be A. Anyhow, the fact that you manage to pull off relatively good grades with little work effort, seems to indicate higher IQ. It's probably something like 115-120.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hmm... My IQ results range from 113 to 147. I'm a freshmen in high school and I maintain an A- average. I'd say that my IQ is around the 130's range and most of my results are 129 - 138. I generally distrust the accuracy of these tests, as they only test logical, lingual, mathematical and spatial skills. Besides, various conditions apply. You might be especially tired on one test and very alert on another. You might be listening to music on one and concentrating on another. That's why I don't trust the results.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by God Of Emptiness View Post
    Ok i'm pretty sure most of you if not all of you have taken an IQ test at some point in your life. I've taken a few on the internet and have been given varied results. It ranges from about 105(average) to about 126(high above average).

It doesn't make sense to me at all. On the one hand i'm an average joe and the other pretty intellegent. I'm very lazy at high school (i'm in grade 10) doing no studying and minimal(intp-ish?) work but I manage to pull off about a B average, about 10 percent above the class average. So then how can I have an average Iq? Or why if I do have a 126 IQ am I not on the roll of honor for acedemics or something similar.

Your thoughts?
    well...hmm...I....jeez...It's probably because IQ is bullshit.
    And by that I mean a totally bogus 'indicator' of intelligence.

MBTI
    ISTP

This old topic again... ho humm...

Online IQ tests <> reliable IQ scores. You pretty much have to take a full and modern IQ test for it to mean anything at all (WAIS, KAIT, etc).

IQ and grades correlate somewhat, but it isn't the sole determining factor... and in most cases, it is more accurate to say that high marks indicate higher IQ, not that higher IQ leads to high marks (IQ acts like a barrier of entry). It's similar with jobs and so forth. High IQ (the effects of, rather) doesn't manifest itself without work.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Online IQ tests <> reliable IQ scores. You pretty much have to take a full and modern IQ test for it to mean anything at all (WAIS, KAIT, etc).

IQ and grades correlate somewhat, but it isn't the sole determining factor... and in most cases, it is more accurate to say that high marks indicate higher IQ, not that higher IQ leads to high marks (IQ acts like a barrier of entry). It's similar with jobs and so forth. High IQ (the effects of, rather) doesn't manifest itself without work.
    They put me through one at school in grade 7, don't remember the exact number but I remember the 93 percentile part. It was also my second time through grade 7 so guess I can agree with the assessment that high IQ doesn't mean higher grades. I was always very bored in most of my classes so I never really payed attention or bothered with them hence I always got barely passing marks in most classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Considering that my grades were higher than my studious and higher IQ (according to one test) mate, I'd have to say that any correlation would be dubious at best.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

On "online IQ" tests I score 20 points less when I am under a lot of "stress" (not feeling bad, just mentally a bit foggy). I notice that when I am stress-free and not working it's much easier to study and I am very quick mentally-wittier. I think this is an often overlooked part of testing, and I think it plays a part in the supposed deterioration of mental skills after 20 years of age. (besides, I generally score from 130 to 150. I think that a minimum of effort in school pays off more than high smarts. I had A- avg in high school but i never did any homework cuz i found playing soccer way cooler, the ppl that studied say 2 hours a day had A. Same thing in college, my girlfriend on the same entry-test scored the equivalent of 125 but she studies a lot and she has straight 4.0 as opposed to me that even if i scored 140+ i have 3.5).

The ones I've taken on the internet gave me scores that were both higher and lower than the one I took as "official". Granted fortunately the official one I took was under a very mentally stress-free period during which I was only playing sports and doing math puzzles.

MBTI
    INTP

lol online IQ tests will give you an "ish" result at best. As in, your IQ is 130ish. I remember getting grounded from my parents when my official IQ tests results came in, they never told me what it was but they thought my poor grades did not live up to my potential:steam: My Iq is in the 130 range and i was such a poor student i didn't even graduate high school